Why GGG doesnt want 2WEEK race to be SSF?

"
Mr_Bill wrote:
Screw the 2week race, I want permanent SSF as an alternative to permanant HC and SC with no rollover into them from the trash league ideas.

I thought I was the only one.

It will never happen. Because it's not as simple as just 'copy standard but disable trading', to be truly well done would require further tuning of several other aspects of the game and it's just extremely unlikely they'll someday put such developer effort into adding this new demographic into a game which has been going for a while and it's already built on a different foundation and doing fine. A quick half-baked attempt would only ruin their image so it's wise to not even bother doing anything at all.

Like some guys say, you can already do this in game so at least there's that. What those guys always ignore is that multiplayer games are based on feeling part of a community and by playing by your own 'unorthodox' settings because they are the only way you can possibly enjoy a 'loot hunter' (which happen to inevitably include a massive progression penalty) you will always be 'out of place' and in the end that's the reason why sooner or later you end up tired of it an quit.

You want to play the game and find/build your own stuff? If you don't happen to enjoy sitting all day staring at some market screen, spamming trade messages and dealing with afkers in the worst possible 'player interaction' way ever conceived in order to amass virtual wealth which serves no purpose other than to compensate for some personal deficiency... then too bad, this isn't the game for you :)
At best, it's a place holder until you find something better. You aren't the target demographic.

Don't bother responding (not saying this to you Mr. Bill). I know what you're gonna say and frankly, I'm sick of hearing it. Keep your trash to yourself. Bye.
SSF does not help mtx sales.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:34:51 PM
A permanent SSF league would be no different from what I already do, and I don't care about comparing myself to others who might be using the same self-imposed ruleset that I'm using. I don't want drop rates increased to be balanced around solo play. So I don't need a separate league.

Besides, one time I helped someone in a temp league by buying a gem they couldn't buy and giving it to them. I liked that. I don't want to trade for gear for myself but I don't mind helping others in small ways.

What I would like would be a SSF part of the forum, so strategies for that playstyle could be discussed more in-depth.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info