Some dickhead kid got my other account locked

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I defy anyone to claim they have lower standards than I do.

Give me a bottle of Jack Daniels and I can defy your claim all day and all night long. Now to figure out where you left your pants at...
"
Vhlad wrote:
I'm not sure why you think the quoted post suggests I haven't read the ToU. It looks like you just wanted an excuse to paste part of the ToU. Poor choice.

Since the account is locked, not banned, it indicates that GGG hasn't definitively determined whether or not the OP violated the ToU/CoC. They locked his account preemptively, until an investigation is completed.

If GGG locks an account based on player reports over a holiday weekend when no employees are available to investigate, it's bad customer service.

The whole process can be improved here. Failing to see that indicates you have low standards.

Lets explore "customer service." Since GGG sells access to use microtransactions and stash tabs in game, and not the game itself, and that this person is under investigation for violating the Terms of Use, he's in a state of not being a customer and also in the state of not being a potential customer. Thus, GGG is providing good customer service to the customers who follow the Terms of Use by conducting this investigation. During this time, the individual in question does not fall under the definition of customer (taken from https://www.google.com/search?q=customer+definition&oq=customer+definition&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2736j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8):

"a person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or business."

For a person to become a customer, a person must make an agreement with the seller about the goods / services he / she intends to purchase. If the potential customer can reach agreement with the seller, at the point of sale, the person becomes a customer.

Most of the time, at least in the USA I believe, we use "customer" to mean someone who's a potential customer either based on that he or she has purchased from the seller previously, or seems to be a potential customer from interest in services / goods. Using the word customer to represent the meaning "potential customer" is a kind of slang. Using the word customer to represent the meaning "potential customer" is not a semantically or etymologically sound basis of clear representation of meaning. A person can be a customer, a potential customer, or is loitering. In stores in the USA, and probably elsewhere, staying at a location without intent to buy something in the store is called loitering(https://www.google.com/search?q=loitering+definition&oq=loitering&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.2316j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8):

loiter - "stand or wait around idly or without apparent purpose."

This matters because Terms of Use / Service must be precise, and we're talking about what makes customer service.

GGG clearly defines who they want as customers in the Terms of Use, and with GGG's stance regarding providing a game free from the "pay-to-win" scenarios.

The "poor choice" here lies with your intent and action to defend against the Terms of Use.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Apr 23, 2016, 6:47:42 PM
Heh... that's easy. I can see them on the floor right over there.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Heres the problem. Its the weekend. GGG typically dont ban over weekends because its mostly just Support in office.

And to my knowledge, Support dont ban anything but obvious bots. Situations that require genuine investigation are typically elevated to management.

I've interacted with Brian. He's a good egg, always goes that little bit further to do his job right. I am having trouble with the most possible scenario, which is rogue Support action.

So something is definitely not ringing true.

And I will be honest. It's not our business. The only incompetent Support work I see here was in not locking this down and dealing personally with the OP in private.

Ironically I suspect this has not been done because Support are not empowered enough to engage in that level of negotiation.

They could very well be dealing with it via PM Charan, his original post here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1652953 was edited thus seen within a minute of him posting it and that was almost an hour before he posted here.

I wouldn't be to surprised if he's just trying hard to make like he is innocent and trying to gather support here, and by doing so guilt tripping support into unbanning him....wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

Also i was under the impression that if the account was locked that the player could still log in and post on the foums with the same account going by the other account locked threads.
yet he claims he is totally locked out.....
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Apr 23, 2016, 7:00:16 PM
"
Gaza wrote:
On the other hand, perhaps if they are getting a lot of reports, perhaps it's less disruptive to the community to lock the account until they can look through it thoroughly.

They can do better. It's not difficult to include relationship data in player reports and adjust account action responses accordingly (i.e. no auto lock if all reports come from accounts with the same ip/hardware signature, or from people in the same guild, or from people who are all friended with each other). They can do things with credibility scores (a function of account age, moderation history, report history, purchase history). They can do things with analytics like a simple possibility check on reported perm to temp league trading (i.e. if the accused didn't even log on a character in a perm league recently, then the report is hogwash).

Maybe they do some of those things already but threads like these indicate there's plenty of room to improve the customer experience. Without more robust automated account locking processes (or much faster resolution), perhaps GGG should only flag accounts for investigation during off-hours, instead of locking them when no employees are around to investigate, especially if the account has a high credibility score.

And there are alternative actions such as trade locks (or mutes - hard to trade if you're muted) that would be more appropriate for these sorts of potential ToU violations, until an investigation is completed.

There's a lot of assumptions here because we don't know why the account was locked, which is another failure on GGG's part. There needs to be better communication, i.e. account is locked for *specific reason* (i.e. identify the violation, not just vaguely say for ToU/CoC violation) until investigation. It should be an automated email.

Temp league to temp league trades are labeled by Chris Wilson himself as an at your own risk action, that GGG will not monitor/enforce. So if this was an auto lock based on player reports of cross league scamming, that's another failure of their account action/resolution process control.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Grinding Gear Games can, at any time, change their stance on cross league trading:

"2. Amendments: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right to amend these Terms of Use from time to time upon placing any such amendments on the Website or by providing you direct notice of any such changes. Your continued use of any of the Website, Materials and Services thereafter will be deemed to be acceptance by you of any such changes to these Terms of Use."

https://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy

it's our responsibility as players to make sure we're up to date on the policies / Terms of Use from Grinding Gear Games.
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
Last edited by Hellcat5 on Apr 23, 2016, 7:20:41 PM
"
I didn't want it; Why would I buy something if I don't want it? If I want something I get anything that I desire with a snap of a finger for god sakes I get money handed to me just by sitting here I live in a very powerful family mind you like you insulting me is quite aamusing especially when your ''insult'' consist of only kids or something which makes me think you're a kid yourself.

So hopefully they don't unlock your account and you can keep whining and calling everyone kids.

do you act like the big one using your parents/family money? really? nothing personal ofc but it seems to me the typical spoiled child behavior
"
DarkWap wrote:
"
I didn't want it; Why would I buy something if I don't want it? If I want something I get anything that I desire with a snap of a finger for god sakes I get money handed to me just by sitting here I live in a very powerful family mind you like you insulting me is quite aamusing especially when your ''insult'' consist of only kids or something which makes me think you're a kid yourself.

So hopefully they don't unlock your account and you can keep whining and calling everyone kids.

do you act like the big one using your parents/family money? really? nothing personal ofc but it seems to me the typical spoiled child behavior

Yeah the fuck are you doing to do? NANANANANNANA

Spoiler
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 23, 2016, 7:41:53 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Spoiler
Heres the problem. Its the weekend. GGG typically dont ban over weekends because its mostly just Support in office.

And to my knowledge, Support dont ban anything but obvious bots. Situations that require genuine investigation are typically elevated to management.

I've interacted with Brian. He's a good egg, always goes that little bit further to do his job right. I am having trouble with the most possible scenario, which is rogue Support action.

So something is definitely not ringing true.

And I will be honest. It's not our business. The only incompetent Support work I see here was in not locking this down and dealing personally with the OP in private.

Ironically I suspect this has not been done because Support are not empowered enough to engage in that level of negotiation.

Spoiler
They could very well be dealing with it via PM Charan, his original post here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1652953 was edited thus seen within a minute of him posting it and that was almost an hour before he posted here.

I wouldn't be to surprised if he's just trying hard to make like he is innocent and trying to gather support here, and by doing so guilt tripping support into unbanning him....wouldn't be the first time something like that has happened.

Also i was under the impression that if the account was locked that the player could still log in and post on the foums with the same account going by the other account locked threads.
yet he claims he is totally locked out.....

Doesn't change the fact that this is still open.

Charan, everyone knows that you are very critical of Support; you call for action when there is none to be taken, and accuse them of being too heavy-handed when there is action. This is no different.

A lot of people come to the forums to complain about their main accounts being locked or banned, and those threads are usually left open. The only time they get locked that I've seen is when they're so insanely hostile that it wouldn't be healthy for other players to keep them open.

Threads like this, where there is an actual discussion, don't get locked.

Can you point out specifically where in the forum's Code of Conduct that Support doesn't allow the discussion of locked or banned accounts? If not, then this is just another case of you calling for action where there is no need for it.
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:
"

Remember when you bought 5 laptops and our parents money grounded you :? good times.

Trying too hard on your Alt/Smurf Account I_NO, it's painful to watch
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info