Some dickhead kid got my other account locked

Really poor customer service from GGG to lock an account over the weekend pending "investigation", when no one is at the office to investigate.

Especially if the account in question is a $500 paid customer.

Yeah it's "free to play" but some people spend a lot of money on the game and in some cases GGG really fails them customer service wise. I wish the game was sold. It would be harder to excuse preemptive account locks with lengthy investigation periods or 3+ day lead times to resolve account theft. It doesn't take much investment to implement better automated processes for these things.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
I didn't want it; Why would I buy something if I don't want it? If I want something I get anything that I desire with a snap of a finger for god sakes I get money handed to me just by sitting here I live in a very powerful family mind you like you insulting me is quite aamusing especially when your ''insult'' consist of only kids or something which makes me think you're a kid yourself.

So hopefully they don't unlock your account and you can keep whining and calling everyone kids.

Remember when you bought 5 laptops and our parents money grounded you :? good times.
I love teddy bears.
Well at this point I'm sure GGG will explain what happened on Monday... Let's wait and see
I_NO you should buy ruler of wraeclast to make a trade monster.

5% chance an I_NO gremlin intercepts your trade, says ty for scam, and flees with whatever was in the window. The only way to get your stuff back is to find I_NO in game and pk her.

You'll have something to do when you login, ScrotieMcB will enjoy the more skill intensive trading, and the pvp community will be happy :p

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
I wish GGG made locks and bans information public.

Would simplify these threads so much.
Oblivious
"
Vhlad wrote:
I_NO you should buy ruler of wraeclast to make a trade monster.

5% chance an I_NO gremlin intercepts your trade, says ty for scam, and flees with whatever was in the window. The only way to get your stuff back is to find I_NO in game and pk her.

You'll have something to do when you login, ScrotieMcB will enjoy the more skill intensive trading, and the pvp community will be happy :p

I rather spend 30 grand on making make a orb that makes you invade other peoples instances lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Vhlad wrote:
Really poor customer service from GGG to lock an account over the weekend pending "investigation", when no one is at the office to investigate.

Especially if the account in question is a $500 paid customer.

Yeah it's "free to play" but some people spend a lot of money on the game and in some cases GGG really fails them customer service wise. I wish the game was sold. It would be harder to excuse preemptive account locks with lengthy investigation periods or 3+ day lead times to resolve account theft. It doesn't take much investment to implement better automated processes for these things.

Since you show you've not read the Terms of Use, here's an excerpt of part 16:

"Cancellation of Membership: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept your registration request for a Member Account. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Grinding Gear Games also reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, at any time to cancel your registration and access to your Member Account or to restrict, limit or otherwise change your existing rights of access to your Member Account, or any specific feature or benefit afforded to you in relation to your Member Account, including without limitation in respect of any Virtual Items, if it believes you have breached these Terms of Use or any other agreements you may have with Grinding Gear Games or for any other reason whatsoever. In such event you agree that Grinding Gear Games will not be required to provide you with prior notice or explanation in respect of such action. Notwithstanding the cancellation of access to your Member Account in any case, you agree you will remain fully liable for any outstanding liability owed to Grinding Gear Games. Grinding Gear Games may also, where it believes such action is necessary, without notice block IP addresses of any users who have breached the Terms of Use."

https://www.pathofexile.com/legal/terms-of-use-and-privacy-policy

And, as I said in my previous post on page 6:

"The moment you violate the Terms of Use what you have on your account becomes mute because all in game assets belong to Grinding Gear Games. When you give GGG money for microtransactions, you're licensing the right to use those assets with your characters. You do not, in any way, own those assets. This goes also for currency, gear, characters, and forum posts. When you download, install, and create an account, you must agree to the Terms of Use to play the game / use the website, or you're in violation of law."
YOUTUBE - http://www.youtube.com/richardbmiller2
TWITCH - http://www.twitch.tv/hellcat5gaming
I'm not sure why you think the quoted post suggests I haven't read the ToU. It looks like you just wanted an excuse to paste part of the ToU. Poor choice.

Since the account is locked, not banned, it indicates that GGG hasn't definitively determined whether or not the OP violated the ToU/CoC. They locked his account preemptively, until an investigation is completed.

If GGG locks an account based on player reports over a holiday weekend when no employees are available to investigate, it's bad customer service.

The whole process can be improved here. Failing to see that indicates you have low standards.
Last edited by Vhlad on Apr 23, 2016, 6:14:29 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
I'm not sure why you think the quoted post suggests I haven't read the ToU. It looks like you just wanted an excuse to paste part of the ToU. Poor choice.

Since the account is locked, not banned, it indicates that GGG hasn't definitively determined whether or not the OP violated the ToU/CoC. They locked his account preemptively, until an investigation is completed.

If GGG locks an account based on player reports over a holiday weekend when no employees are available to investigate, it's bad customer service.

The whole process can be improved here. Failing to see that indicates you have low standards.

On the other hand, perhaps if they are getting a lot of reports, perhaps it's less disruptive to the community to lock the account until they can look through it thoroughly.
I defy anyone to claim they have lower standards than I do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info