Should Perandus League be voided?

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Mirrored items are supposed to be the best items available for a long time, not forever, stop trying to put words in my mouth. Mirrored items arent good investments anymore because they randomly decided to do things like change how crit works on a global level, this also affected legacy items as well.

Mirrored items were never a good investment because better mods are and will be introduced all the time.

I hope the people that bought mirrored items did so merely because they wanted to have some fun with them and not because of some 'investment'.

I can understand that the loot part is a huge chunk of what draws people to ARPG’s. Especially loot that is somewhat rare and exclusive. Something to strive for. Initially leagues offered league specific uniques that somewhat fulfilled that role. Rewards for those that put a lot of time and dedication in the temp leagues. I can fully relate to those persons that now feel somewhat betrayed seeing all these items becoming way more available. Especially because it was mentioned by GGG that these were meant to be super-hard to get.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Mar 14, 2016, 3:40:31 PM
Right now the standard economy is wayyyyy healthier than the softcore perandus economy, and were only 1 week and a half into the league.
..I would rather they make a perpetual standard and hardcore league that is devoid of legacy items and does not have previous leagues pool into it. A normal experience without what ultimately creates problems in my own opinion. I'd love that.
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop - Support Path of Exile!
All these artard's that don't realize perandus league's crashed the market and worth of 90% of the unique item's in this game..

All the people voting no are just the kid's who don't want theyre 1 exalt shav's to dissapear or theyre 8k coin voll's devotion legacy unique that should be like 30 exalt's, Real good job GGG.
The solution is very simple. Keep Standard as is. All temp leagues continue to funnel into it. Make a new league called Permanent where characters never transfer from other leagues. There, everyone is happy.
It's strange. Everyone is running around headless trying to farm coins to buy headhunter etc etc etc, while I'm just trying to keep a consistent red map pool at 93. Honestly, if perandus mobs were trapped in the boxes I wouldnt open it. I can't say I have a single solitary fuck to give about this league mechanic..it's neither here nor there.. don't know, the hype sorta missed me. Should it be voided? I don't know, it hasn't impacted my gameplay, whereas for others it has.
If every temp league (and all hardcore characters on death) went to Void League, that would not change anything about the way that I play.

The choice that GGG makes (sending stuff to Standard v. Void) is utterly arbitrary from this POV. That being said, they did probably promise that they wouldn't Void temp leagues, so to keep that promise, they probably shouldn't start doing that now.

On the other hand, if Voiding the next temp league allows them to introduce really crazy cool changes and do a lot of experimenting (like, only white items drop, massive currency and div card drop rate increase), then fuck yeah I'd like to see that.
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
Why should it be voided, if every top elite player tells me Standard is irrelevant and GGG doesnt care about standard??

"lol, standard"
"people actually play standard?"
"nobody plays standard"
"standard? Who cares..."

etc...

Why shouldn't it be voided, if players don't play Standard? Oh wait, they just say those things but secretly play and hoard stuff in Standard.

I don't play Standard, but I hoard stuff in Standard for my own personal amusement (and I like linking/bragging about stuff from time to time.) If Challenge Leagues went to Void, I probably wouldn't play them as much, purely because I'd have less "trophies" to appease my Packrat side..

Regardless, they can't make a League Void halfway through it, it'd have to have been decided/advertised beforehand (as with those Races that are Void.)

As for the influx of bunch of past League Uniques from Perandus into Standard, if you think about it, it'll probably only double the supply. So in that regard Perandus is like having had 2 Challenge Leagues worth of junk funneled into Standard at the end. Another Challenge League or 2 down the line and the impact won't even be felt or remembered.

Just enjoy the cheaper/more readily available build enabling Uniques; it only benefits everyone who actually wants to PLAY the game and not the market.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 18, 2016, 5:27:57 PM
GAMEPLAY HELP AND DISCUSSION
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
All ill say is they need to do some major adjustments to new leagues and to the permanent leagues. Honestly if this keeps up i can see a large portion of standard league players leaving the game permanently.

Ive already left the game multiple times, from anywhere between 3-8 months at a time.

There is no item chase anymore, nothing is worth anything anymore, your investment is never safe anymore even for mirrored items.

You honestly think funnelling currency into the the top 1% of players is somehow going to help the game long term? Because the best way to attract new players is to block them from ever getting to use GG items because only the richest players have them and the drop rates are to abysmal to bother farming for one?

What logic is there to long term "investing" in permanent leagues, the availability of items is going to keep increasing and therefore the value will continue to go down. Plus if you want the thrill of chasing items go play temp leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info