Should Perandus League be voided?

i am in two minds about the perandus league:

on the one hand, coins are a farce. cadiro offered a volt rift - a unique i so much want - for 7k coins. only had 4k at the time. felt a bit bitter, coz even if i had never spent any coinage, i STILL wouldn't have had enough to buy it. then i checked on poe.trade, and volt rifts are pretty affordable now. so why buy anything off cadiro? better to flog-off your coins for what chaos + ex you can get, and buy stuff through trade. so i'm reduced to farming for coins. *yawn*

on the other hand, for solo-(mainly)-self-found players like myself, it's been fantastic. i've bought a couple of uniques that have otherwise NEVER had dropped for me. and as mentioned above, the cost of some gear has dropped dramatically. so i will trade coins for chaos and ex. *yay!* - another currency to farm!

so, has the economy been "ruined"? depends on your definition of what "ruined" is. if it means that stuff is cheap and affordable for most players and master-traders can't sell stuff for outrageous amounts? then yes, economy is "ruined" :P

should perandus league be voided? no. player base would likely riot and revolt if it was, anyway.

should perandus be added to the main game? my opinion, YES. but unlikely it will. (the fact that the new currency stash tab doesn't offer a space for coins is probably evidence to that fact, though of course it's easy for GGG to change that in the future.)
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
Why do you keep saying it's unlikely it will? Of course it will be added to the main game. When it does they'll add a coin tab if necessary. Again not complicated.
No, it shouldn't.
There isn't that big of an impact on the standard economy because "no one plays dumpster leagues" and come the next 4 month it won't matter.

Also GGG are OK with testing out things that may significantly increase drop rate on temp leagues, anything you gain during them will remain with you...if they change this now and void the whole league, character, stash, items and all then no one will play the temp leagues again as it's wasted effort.

Now the only question you should be asking is IF it will make it to the core leagues.
ATM i can only see that IF they make changes like reducing spawn rates of boxes, and making the currency non tradable
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
In defense... It's not just greedy people. I play solo. I couldn't be less "greedy". I don't want the game to become too easy to find what ever you might want for a character. I like playing in a more restrictive game. I'd be playing Torchlight if I wanted stuff handed to me left and right.

I have rolled three characters to the early 80ies this league, and i still had to buy all of my build enabling uniques for every single one of them.

You dont get stuff handed left and right even with Cadiro and coins, and you dont make quick e-bucks of him, because everyone earns the same stuff thus regulating the prices.

People really should complain less and play instead to see how the changes really impacted the game before they are making baseless claims.

Still the best league i have ever played. Tons of fun, just the prospect of getting a real shot at some of the rarer uniques make it worth playing, but its far from "free stuff everywhere".
"
Cataca wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
In defense... It's not just greedy people. I play solo. I couldn't be less "greedy". I don't want the game to become too easy to find what ever you might want for a character. I like playing in a more restrictive game. I'd be playing Torchlight if I wanted stuff handed to me left and right.

I have rolled three characters to the early 80ies this league, and i still had to buy all of my build enabling uniques for every single one of them.

You dont get stuff handed left and right even with Cadiro and coins, and you dont make quick e-bucks of him, because everyone earns the same stuff thus regulating the prices.

People really should complain less and play instead to see how the changes really impacted the game before they are making baseless claims.

Still the best league i have ever played. Tons of fun, just the prospect of getting a real shot at some of the rarer uniques make it worth playing, but its far from "free stuff everywhere".

Exactly - its a really great balance to be honest. Needs to go into the core game as its probably the best and biggest change I've seen to date to really make this game far more accessible.
I wonder how people feel now, or just eating their words about the ever so generous Cadibro/Scamiro with a month left to go...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Apr 30, 2016, 11:53:05 PM
Most ppl feel the same? Only the trade-tychoons are sad that stuff will go down into standard.

Too bad perandus isnt added to the core game though.
Personally I like perandus and hope somehow it makes to main game.
However I played tempest league which I could make 6Ls to drop like candies... and GGG literally deleted it from the game. No the tempests in lab shrine doesnt count.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
Personally I like perandus and hope somehow it makes to main game.
However I played tempest league which I could make 6Ls to drop like candies... and GGG literally deleted it from the game. No the tempests in lab shrine doesnt count.

I hope stuff like Talisman (maybe reworked a bit) makes it into the game but not really Cadiro (as he is now) And yeah it is pretty sad to see Darkshrines only in a room in Labyrinth..
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on May 1, 2016, 5:56:03 AM
Nah, it's a 4-month league so it won't be voided. I just find it funny that some people are hating so much on Perandus(due to economy impact reasons) are also prob. the same people that are saying "standard is a dead league/standard is dead" and they have tabs stashed with 6-link shavs and skyforths from Perandus.

I took a break from PoE for a few months and Perandus league was the league that I got back to and I had so much fun. Cadiro was alright, I didn't have superb deals like a Head Hunter or a Voll's Devotion but I did get a lot of leveling and useful uniques that helped me when I started this league.

If he doesn't really make it into this game permanently then I hope I see him again in a flashback league. Thanks GGG, hope the next league will be fun.

PS: I really like Cadiro's dialogue and his voice actor was great at fleshing out his character.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info