Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

I just do not understand all these eternal haters... Eternals do not have the potential to negatively affect temp leagues (unless they are being duped at obscene rates). In perm leagues the 6t1 perfect items already exist. There is no downside. The only legitimate downside people have presented is "waahhh I'm poor and can't have fun with eternal so nobody else should either!"
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Feb 9, 2016, 8:13:00 AM
You still haven't renamed this thread to what it's actually about?
"
trav_dawg wrote:
I just do not understand all these eternal haters... Eternals do not have the potential to negatively affect temp leagues (unless they are being duped at obscene rates). In perm leagues the 6t1 perfect items already exist. There is no downside. The only legitimate downside people have presented is "waahhh I'm poor and can't have fun with eternal so nobody else should either!"

Re-introduce Eternals and we get 6T0 items. We already have one I think (the new mirror bow).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"

What does it matter to you or to anyone else? If people want to see what the thread is about then they should read it and do a little bit of brain power computing for themselves to see what is 'actually about' instead of being spoon-fed everything.
"
Tanakeah wrote:
being spoon-fed everything.

So...are you saying you're a baby that just wants food while drooling out of its mouth, or was that an attempt at cherry-picking and trying to be funny, or...what? :P
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"

What does it matter to you or to anyone else? If people want to see what the thread is about then they should read it and do a little bit of brain power computing for themselves to see what is 'actually about' instead of being spoon-fed everything.

Naaa.

It's all about what he wants, not what the GAME needs. Thread titles should reflect the contents.
^ just another grammer nazi or in other words... the look is more important than the content :>

game still needs eternals :>
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Chris disagrees :D
"
"
Tanakeah wrote:
"

Naaa.

It's all about what he wants, not what the GAME needs. Thread titles should reflect the contents.

Well, let's be honest here, if you made a request for you think the game needs, there's going to be some bias in it because you're going to include what you want in it. Even if it just a little bit and nothing you would consider 'personal' it's going to be there regardless, so I hardly see the problem here.

Personally? I think Eternal Orbs were fine, but the real issue was that mirrors should have never existed. I get why GGG thought they were a good idea, but they didn't think of the long-term ramifications of letting people pretty much 'legally dupe' items. One could even argue or say that because of the way mirrors work that GGG LIKED the idea of 'illegal duping' back in Diablo II and they could have even participated in it in some fashion, but they wanted it in their game in a more 'clean' fashion. All speculation of course and a little tangent, but you get the idea.

As far as Eternal Orbs, I really have to question whether GGG really understood what it meant to introduce those into the game and through their stubbornness of refusing to even consider 'Bind on X' options, they created a maelstrom that they couldn't control. Wouldn't be the first or last time to say the least, but even if Chris 'disagrees' it doesn't mean he is right. Eternals could have easily been in the game with the caveat that any item that they are used on makes the item BoA (Bind on Account) and thus cannot be traded amongst players. If the item is mirrored, then it also mirrors the BoA status so the copies can never be traded either. It then creates a choice:

Do you want an item that can be 'perfect and god-tier' but only you can use it? Or, do you gamble and try to 'craft' something that is sellable on the market and maybe so good that it is mirror-worthy? It's odd because that is exactly in line with GGG's philosophy of players making choices and trade-offs, but sadly because of their refusal to change and consider that perhaps their stances are wrong in the first place, they lose out on such opportunities to further their goals.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info