Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

As for Standard -> Legacy, the other benefit they would have with that is that they could cater to different audiences - those that want to have BIS gear more easily and those that want to have a more clean economy. It seems to go against their philosophy, though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Interesting. Have not followed the game long enough yet to be able to assess that.
"
"
NeroNoah wrote:
One of the main fundamentals of ARPGs is looting in the search of perfect items. Powerful crafting goes against that, so eternals are not going to return (for now).

Switch looting for acquiring, my friend. These are the times.

Well, someone has to loot those items. It somewhat makes things worse, but one can live with it.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Almost a year in, it's not going to change.. just give it up already. Even I have. This is like a 'first world problem'. Only the top 1% in terms of wealthy, high levels and perm ST/HC player would care and truly understand. When you fall under ALL 3, that's a curse and your suggestions are pretty much auto DECLINED.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
I think you get my point, NeroNoah. It hurts like a rancid crotch gash to admit, but PoE hasn't been a normal loot-fest ARPG since Closed Beta... And aaaaall we wanted, all we begged for, was a way to break that. And we didn't even know it. And we didn't even dare call it an auction house.

This is a crafting and trading game. Looting corpses is like panning for gold. Little fucking chunks from the mud making desperate men into mad fuckers... But who has the true wealth? Those who trade the gold, who use the glorious alchemy of trade to turn gold into land.

Into something that doesn't pay for a night of hookers and blow...but buys brothels and runs cartels.

Amen to that.

Ironic even considering the whole outcast/exile background. Judging from those pathetic looking hubs there should be hardly any trade apart from food and basic supplies, but here we are selling carts full of junk and crafting god-like gear out of thin air. The setting never felt right for this type of game.

I really wish you could find more usable *good* gear, sorting through all that waste of inventory space is not and never has been fun. Cut the loot by factor 20 and up the quality. Magic-Finder will still find more than they can carry, but the regular char can actually look forward to something else than taking trips to town every few min and hardly getting anything in return.
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Almost a year in, it's not going to change.. just give it up already. Even I have. This is like a 'first world problem'. Only the top 1% in terms of wealthy, high levels and perm ST/HC player would care and truly understand. When you fall under ALL 3, that's a curse and your suggestions are pretty much auto DECLINED.

Well, here is the point: We understand WHY you (the top 0.1%) want it, but we also see that you would be the only ones who benefit. And I personally think (along with others) that economically the re-introduction of Eternals, especially with the existence of Mirrors, would be a bad idea.
"
Eternals were fine addition to the game which I simply don't understand why it was removed. I can understand from standard but in TEMP leagues? I find that a mistake personally.

TBH Eternals have almost as little impact on Temps as Mirrors (ALMOST). And then again, Standard is all about getting perfect gear, and so on, so Eternals and Mirrors just fit there.

Fact is, Eternals were a little too easy to craft with (still hard as fuck, tho). Maybe some work with them, instead of removal could be better... :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 9, 2016, 1:33:19 AM
mirrors should be removed aswell
"
Dude, unique is one of the most poorly defined terms in PoE. I'll take it over Legendary any day. But who the fuck knows what unique means in a world where you can find dozens of the one unique item.

Incidentally that's part of why I wanted my higher end items craft only. You have precisely as many as you want. Or as few.

I always use the word unique over legendary, legendary just makes me cringe. It was okay i wow for those few legendary items in game(they truly were legendary).

I believe unique is meant to indicate that the item is a pre-concieved form(unique form), as opposed to a randomly generated rare. No?

"
trav_dawg wrote:
I don't agree that you can ignore the silly tier weapons (I really only desire them for PvP where it matters quite a lot).

On the flip side though, I bought these today to do a prefix wipe and try to make insane 2h RT gloves:

Int is so damn hard to get as RT and that attack speed roll is king :D

Oh you are looking for these?

Shame i didn't get anything good when i corrupted them :(
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Wow, one day off and this thread goes crazy :>

Good to see Charan is back, finally a bit of substance to this discussion.
Hope your idea of "legacy standard" is something GGG thinks about... hahaha... the second I wrote GGG I had to laugh... sry... yeah, probably never happen, sadly. ... oh wait, maybe there is a chance... just post it on reddit.

Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info