Blade Fall need to be destroyed?

"
"
Boem wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

What is ST?

Spectral throw or shockwave totem?

Going to go for the later in the current meta.

Peace,

-Boem-
I meant Spectral Throw, and I was surprised given how unpopular the skill is currently, though I could see some builds back since the buff to sword crit. It reminded me of the ST old days, that guy was clearing stuff so fast (crit build obviously), and it wasn't a CoC build.

ST have gone thru a rollercoaster right tho.
It went from super op, to base effective nerf x 2 then it's buffed a bit.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
silumit wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Plz don't OP its too much fun
The damage is truly ridiculous.
Just now looked at MatrixFactor clearing HoGM. Granted, he is lv99 with probably opop gear but still... this is insane, his ES rarely goes lower than 80%max, and he just fkn facetanks everything. Not that he have to tank much because he just obliterates each wave in mere seconds.
Really, I pity those poor souls who bought that GM packs. Probably their creations were intended to be some sort of challenge to players trying to beat that map. Instead, they are just fodder.

Granted, he is lv99 with probably opop gear
lvl99 with op gear really should be rekting everything up with any skill choice, so really not related to bladefall

this is insane, his ES rarely goes lower than 80%max
Hes ES and defences certainly is not related to bladefall at all

Not that bladefall should not be nerfed at all, those points just didn't make sense to me and it bugged me.
CoMK + Vaal Cyclone + Bladefall(Golden) + MPD + Fortify + Added Fire Damage = So many Blades! It also looks sexy on a full Seraph set too.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
Stop nerfing shit. There isnt one single op thing in this game anymore. Its becoming a snorefest. Stop worrying about other peoples builds and just play the game.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Stop nerfing shit. There isnt one single op thing in this game anymore. Its becoming a snorefest. Stop worrying about other peoples builds and just play the game.

No op skills anymore = game becomes a snorefest.

Logic, please advice.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
gjogre wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
Plz don't OP its too much fun
The damage is truly ridiculous.
Just now looked at MatrixFactor clearing HoGM. Granted, he is lv99 with probably opop gear but still... this is insane, his ES rarely goes lower than 80%max, and he just fkn facetanks everything. Not that he have to tank much because he just obliterates each wave in mere seconds.
Really, I pity those poor souls who bought that GM packs. Probably their creations were intended to be some sort of challenge to players trying to beat that map. Instead, they are just fodder.

Granted, he is lv99 with probably opop gear
lvl99 with op gear really should be rekting everything up with any skill choice, so really not related to bladefall

this is insane, his ES rarely goes lower than 80%max
Hes ES and defences certainly is not related to bladefall at all

Not that bladefall should not be nerfed at all, those points just didn't make sense to me and it bugged me.
Also MatrixFactor is not your average player, far from it. Give me the same stuff and I'd be rekt in this map, because I wouldn't have built something as efficient and carefully thought as what he did. And this is probably true for 90-95% of player base.

edit: just seen the video. It's crazy indeed, bladefalls clear stuff so fast, but the build also requires very careful flask management, not something everyone can do.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jan 28, 2016, 7:22:17 AM
still think its stupid to be nerfing shit like blade fall when coc exists
The only thing that needs to be changed is the damage effectiveness, 120% is too high and makes any added X damage gem too powerfull.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
"
Boem wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

No op skills anymore = game becomes a snorefest.

Logic, please advice.

Peace,

-Boem-

I actually like it when there is a few OP skills, so long as its not always the same skills

it gives me a reason to try different builds each league
I dont see any any key!
To see just how OP bladefall is you just have to compare it to 2.0 incinerate:

2.0 incinerate (base DPS 850):
1. works with echo
2. damage is 4x tooltip (after ramp up)
3. 30% effectiveness, gets 15% more damage from anger, 5% more damage from herald

2.1 bladefall (base DPS 790)
1. works with echo
2. damage is 2-5x tooltip because of overlap (no ramp up needed)
4. 120% effectiveness
5. free resist penetration
6. Gets more damage from taste of hate (30-39%), hatred (36-43%), herald of ash (15%), atziri's promise (25% + double dip from the elemental damage from other sources)
7. can crit

You could make a strong argument that it's almost twice as strong as 2.0 incinerate (once you normalize for ability to get defense). It's kind of a joke, but it does make me giggle abusing it, just like the people abusing CoE+LL ST must have felt in 1.1. But don't worry, I won't cry about Path of Nerfs when GGG brings it in line. I think a reasonable change would be make it unable to crit, or give it 50% less damage, or some combination of both.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jan 28, 2016, 3:43:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info