ScrotieMcB wrote:
/tinfoil

Nah the tinfoil is:
1) Release a horribly OP skill
2) Sell MTX skill effect skins for said skill
3) ?????
4) Profit $$$

Well played GGG
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Hmm. Perhaps what GGG is thinking is: let's put out a skill which isn't top tier with high investment, but is very good on low investment. Then, when the next big patch hits, let's nerf the shit out of it and make something else the very-good-with-low-investment skill, because the idea was that no one was supposed to really invest in it.

Or something.

/tinfoil

Artificial meta shifting to keep things *fresh* is an actual thing. no need for foil or anything.

It is pretty obvious that is what is happening here.

"
yotmato wrote:

Let me guess... you are one of those guys that cried to oblivion for Incinerate to get destroyed by nerfs, even though the power ceiling after several exalts of investment was still way lower to things like SRS, Vaal Spark, any kind of Bow user, even dual wield binos/soul taker Reave cleared faster than 60k tooltip Incinerate. The only advantage Incinerate had is that it could be built in various different ways effectively, and it was very good vs bosses.

theres nothing to guess- I wanted incinerate nerfed. I didn't 'cry' for it. Unlike *other* people, I don't make redundant threads or topics. you want to talk about crying, lets talk about people crying every day about map drops making the same threads all over because they arent getting what they think they are SUPPOSED to be getting.

just like I will want any build that requires minimal damage investment nerfed, no matter the skin, type or whatever- I wanted incinerate- and now bladefall and many other things -nerfed.

I want my game to be balanced, and I want skills to be comparable investment-wise. If one skill does the same damage with no investment in a 3-link as the other does with heavy damage investment and a 5 link, then we have a fucking problem
this problem is 'no meaninfgul choice'. I want my game to be more than 'slap gem x with zero investment and win', sorry. I want to choose between skills, not choose an obviously inferior skill simply because I dont care for efficiency.

"
GGG wants people to have fun, thats the main goal here.

here we go back to the garbage 'fun' argument. my idea of fun is a balanced game with meaningful choice. dumb op mechanics isnt my idea of fun, sorry.

"
the idea of balance in this game is to ultimately have fun killing npcs.

thats your idea of fun. I dont deal with generalizations and projections, sorry.

"
So as long as people copy builds, and copy what they see on youtube/reddit/streams, "balance" will not exist in this game,

if all skills are about the same as say fireball or ice shot, then balance will exist. most spells are balanced right now with each other. except people view it instead as 'most spells are garbage' instead of 'most spells are balanced'
people just dont consider them 'fun' when there are op alternatives. if there were no op alternatives they would be 'fun' too because then you would choose skill mechanics over efficiencty. right now this isnt the case.
"

All of the above basically but grepman doesn't understand that does he?

I understand everything. What you fail to understand that theres a difference between nerfing op shit and what is targeted by GGG as op shit
do I like their targeting ? no. but, thats the way things are

if something is popular, then its most likely op
not everything op is popular- basic logic here at work, you know discrete math 101 in college

its the same way steroid use is targeted, or a pirate site use.

a pirate site can have exabytes of traffic but if its only used by 5 people feds wont care much about it
however if a site has gigabytes of traffic but its used by a million people, it will get targeted by feds.

look up silk road, why did it get shut down ? because it was getting too big for its britches

when something gets super popular it will get the hammer first, as to avoid spread- in any aspect of life. yes, ideally, anything that is op should get the hammer. thats not how shit works. in any aspect of things
"
grepman wrote:
"

I understand everything. What you fail to understand that theres a difference between nerfing op shit and what is targeted by GGG as op shit

not everything op is popular- basic logic here at work, you know discrete math 101 in college

a pirate site can have exabytes of traffic but if its only used by 5 people feds wont care much about it
however if a site has gigabytes of traffic but its used by a million people, it will get targeted by feds.

look up silk road, why did it get shut down ? because it was getting too big for its britches

when something gets super popular it will get the hammer first, as to avoid spread- in any aspect of life. yes, ideally, anything that is op should get the hammer. thats not how shit works. in any aspect of things

There is no difference here like multiple people have explained it to you like someone even wrote like 5 paragraph essay about it and you refuse to acknowledge his point =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 2, 2016, 9:32:18 PM
"
"
grepman wrote:
"

There is no difference here like multiple people have explained it to you like someone even wrote like 5 paragraph essay about it and you refuse to acknowledge his point =/

lol its you who refuse to acknowledge the logical point that if something is popular, its op and will get nerfed first.

your own point can be summed up in two words: I, WANT. but I dont speak kindergarten, sorry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info