Blade Fall need to be destroyed?

^I always assumed they have a baseline armor value though.

If not it renders my point about getting exponential returns as damage goes up useless. Which i can live with, but basically imply's that the damage is extremely high.

I'm going to assume they don't have 75% physical reduction for example. And simply have "auto-pen" by grace of monsters having a lower physical reduction threshold.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Bladefall is totally fine , people just salty cuz their incinerate garbage got nerfed .
R.I.P 4.B.
Instagib is instagib imo. Insert skill name here + crit gets you the same thing. I dont know why people always fuss.
Other than being obviously and stupidly overpowered there's nothing wrong with Bladefall really, don't know why people raging about it.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Also I dont think having crazy OP spell like this is that bad anyways... we will be getting ascendancy powers, and we will be tied to classes again like Diablo 3.

Since PoE is heading towards Diablo's direction a few overpowered spells will not really hurt the game, since Diablo 3 is like that and it still has more players so it will be fine.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I have read almost everything and I'm still wondering why it should be changed (destroyed)... Yeah, Coc/Poison/BladeFall can be a problem but there are some things out there that are far more powerful...

Combinned with Bino's and voila. The most broken... GGG can even remove Bino's completely but that does not prevent things like Chaos Flameblast to be absolutely OP... GGG can not afford to change Flameblast because that would harm traditional Flameblast casters. So what's left?
Rethink the whole matter Poison/Chaos or radically alter the dagger.

I am a Marauder using Chaos Flameblast. That is, I can't be further from the nodes that benefit traditional build based on chaos/poison. To make matters worse I have only conversion that gives me the dagger and only 5 links... But this is so OP that sometimes I laugh loudly.

But you do not think that Flameblast is actually the problem, nor the dagger. The problem is the system of Chaos/Poison that appears not to have been tested (yes, one more XD).
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
As a level 87 bladefall, i can say it's indeed powerful BUT it has a downside: AoE is not great and there are spells with way more clear speed

The point is: if you pump AoE too much, you're going to hit targets only one time instead of 2-3 decreasing DPS on single targets way too much, if you have standard or lower AoE, you kill fast but in a small radius

The best is imo conc effect + one set of AoE nodes.

This said, i'm running it in a 4l with very defensive build and hitting 26k dps, which is indeed pretty high considering i have 7k hp and 12k armor

I would simply cap the overlapping to 2 and decrease base damage by 15%
Thematically I find it odd that poison supports pretty much any skill. Melee, bow attacks, fine, you can imagine applying some poison to the weapon/ammo. Spells though, how do you poison a fireball, or a lightning spell?

Consuming Dark, Bino's are uniques specifically designed to work with poison, so they are bound to look a bit OP with poison, but then again, maybe they were intended to be used with melee attacks?

I'm using the "classic" character/gear with poison - Shadow/Bino's/Viper Strike/Poison, and it feels powerful but glassy. The regen and clear speed is great, but I have to put myself at serious risk to use it properly. It takes constant attention to play - a moment's inattention and I'm dead, because my life is so low (3.2K) and not much damage mitigation.

Maybe decreasing the DoT of poison slightly, but increasing the duration, would take away some of the instakill OP of poison, but would still leave it thematically correct and effective for it's "intended" purpose, whatever that is?
"
Mahesys wrote:
As a level 87 bladefall, i can say it's indeed powerful BUT it has a downside: AoE is not great and there are spells with way more clear speed

The point is: if you pump AoE too much, you're going to hit targets only one time instead of 2-3 decreasing DPS on single targets way too much, if you have standard or lower AoE, you kill fast but in a small radius

The best is imo conc effect + one set of AoE nodes.

This said, i'm running it in a 4l with very defensive build and hitting 26k dps, which is indeed pretty high considering i have 7k hp and 12k armor

I would simply cap the overlapping to 2 and decrease base damage by 15%

Can you clarify? I don't really see mobs only getting once even with tremendous aoe increase.

Even so, conc effect reduces it a single target skill and far too slow for actual clearing.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Blade does huge damage and kill very fast, but it's still a slow map clearer, from my experience with my crap lvl 90 char :p. This is inherent to the delay for the blades to fall and the time you're locked in place, a bit like Tendrils. It's a bit better if you use both spell echo and faster casting, but there are still much faster map clearers (ST for example is faster, just saw it today).

For me, BF's main advantage is it's easy to build a decent MF char around it that can do mid maps quite easily, thanks to its huge damage.

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info