Blade Fall need to be destroyed?

"
MatrixFactor wrote:
I think a reasonable change would be make it unable to crit, or give it 50% less damage, or some combination of both.

^ unable to crit ? Hell no. If a similar skill like firestorm can crit i dont see why bladefall shouldnt crit since firestorm is incredibly strong when built properly and it has only 60% damage effectiveness.

Damage effectiveness has to be lowered on bladefall and nothing else has to be touched.

I personally think bladefall should remain powerfull, we have enough weak spells since shotgun nerf really... and EK is shit now.

The skill is perfectly fine when doing 82 maps, mobs have a lot of physical reduction and res and it's not as OP as it looks like in the GM 71 map, those are weaklings compared to t15 mobs with mods. They should have made GM map harder than what it is now.

I know because i use bladefall myself low life crit with better gear than matrixfactor and i even PVP with it.

Some builds have way more clear speed in 82 maps, you cannot judge the skill upon that GM run guys its not even close to a real challenge i shit on these with the worst spells you can imagine.
IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 29, 2016, 9:07:49 AM
Haunt, for me the 120% effectiveness is meaningless. Added chaos / lightning are much worse than other options. If you have a setup where it's meaningful feel free to link it.

Bladefall/Firestorm: Firestorm has a ramp up cost where you need to stack them, whereas Bladefall deals 2-5x tooltip instantly.

Mobs in 82 maps dont have any base phys red AFAIK. Maybe 900 armor. I agree that Bladefall's clearspeed is mediocre, but so was incinerate's. Some might argue that having bad clearspeed is enough of a downside.

Also most people would agree that HoGM is much harder than 82 maps or even bosses. If you destroy the HoGM with other skills feel free to post the proof. My current best is 6:29 deathless fullclear with BF. I would be surprised if you can get under 9m even with LA or EA.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
on an ideal world i would say to increce damage but greatly reduce its cast speed so its one of those hgih damage, low dpm skills but with coc around that wont end good.

reducing its crit chance to 3 or 4% could be a thing, non crit spellcasters arent a problem.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Stop nerfing shit. There isnt one single op thing in this game anymore. Its becoming a snorefest. Stop worrying about other peoples builds and just play the game.

Uh you can clear entire screens with 1 click - it's not a snorefest.
Or is it?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Good point!
Shit like cyclone coc discharge lols has plagued this game for a long time that really needs to be fixed...

Why are we talking about blade fall nerf when stupid shit like volls devotion coc discharge bullshit is in game anyways? Because it requires a 20ex amulet and that makes it ok and balanced?

Sometimes I find this forum extremely hypocrite.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
Shit like cyclone coc discharge lols has plagued this game for a long time that really needs to be fixed...

Why are we talking about blade fall nerf when stupid shit like volls devotion coc discharge bullshit is in game anyways? Because it requires a 20ex amulet and that makes it ok and balanced?

I've played both. CoC Disch to L100 in WB and LL BF to L99 in TSC. CoC Disch clears maps faster but it's more expensive, has worse survivability, and is worse at tough content like T15 bosses and uber. So if you think CoC disch is OP, LL BF is definitely OP.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

I've played both. CoC Disch to L100 in WB and LL BF to L99 in TSC. CoC Disch clears maps faster but it's more expensive, has worse survivability, and is worse at tough content like T15 bosses and uber. So if you think CoC disch is OP, LL BF is definitely OP.

Yes if you think BF is OP, CoC discharge is stupidly OP. But it's been in game forever tho.

Don't know how you build ur discharger lol. my LL coc discharger clears much faster and have just as good survival if not better... oh maybe you have some shitty life based coc discharger?

Unless you failed to build your discharger correctly, LL Cyclone Voll's Discharger will blow pretty much everything out of the water rightnow... at virtually no defensive disadvantage vs LL CoC BF...

Sounds like you are comparing your life based discharger to LL CoC BF which is kinda lol... but even life based discharger will out clear LL CoC BF, let along a LL discharger.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jan 29, 2016, 5:55:53 PM
Oh bladefall... best spell since shotgun removal...

IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Jan 29, 2016, 6:16:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info