Blade Fall need to be destroyed?

"
SodiumCyanide wrote:

Finally someone who understands. Regarding your edit on ascendancy, I expect nerfs across the board. As it stands all crit based spellcasters with assassin class seem too good to be true. I will simply wait until the patch hits, and at that point roll whatever other skill is fun and exciting to play. This time I'll try to make sure it isn't a FOTM skill, that way I can actually have a build that lasts longer than 4 months in its original state.

A lot of people on this board is biased, ignorant and often hypocrites.

Voll's discharger is better because it's expensive so it's fine. How dare you use BF and has good clear speed for under 2ex? Nerf please...

Another way to make sure you don't get nerfed is to go for those so called "expensive" builds because GGG will be so afraid to nerf them (just look at all the LL voll's noobcharge and all its variants) because if GGG dare to nerf those people would QQ so hard and threaten them they will not spend another dime on MTX ect ect laughable stuff.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Another way to make sure you don't get nerfed is to go for those so called "expensive" builds because GGG will be so afraid to nerf them (just look at all the LL voll's noobcharge and all its variants) because if GGG dare to nerf those people would QQ so hard and threaten them they will not spend another dime on MTX ect ect laughable stuff.

Lowlife ST, CoE, Windripper... they nerfed a lot of them :P

The thing is people that play these builds and have so much wealth likely have no issue just gearing up another char or even benefit because they now own a legacy item (if they are actually playing standard, GGG doesn't really take that league into consideration when making changes since it would be impossible, due to all the legacy items).

Their nerfs are mostly on point in terms of what is strong, however they often overshoot, which is not that bad, since it brings other things into the spotlight and encourages playing a different build every league.

With the start to the league we have seen buffs to melee skills in general, to cleave and groundslam more specifically (and one odd nerf to sweep), which is something that should be expected... but they also for some reason buffed skills that didn't really need it. The nerf to Split Arrow was obvious... but buff to Tornado Shot and Lightning Arrow... odd.

One of the things that is a bit obvious here is that Tornado Shot isn't really balanced for people that aim perfectly with it, but for those that just shoot it randomly. Because if you do that it is a fairly lackluster skill, the same goes for Lightning Arrow. If you cast a Frostwall behind an enemy to get more hits LA is cool even single target. If you aim well with Tornado Shot it is the same. If you don't both skills aren't performing that nice.
The reasoning is you are not allowed to do huge single target dps at a 5 link. Bladefall fell into the same trap as incinerate and tornado shot before it was made obsolete by blast rain.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 30, 2016, 12:51:44 PM
You guys need to stop with this "I earned it by grinding therefore I get to be powerful" mindset. It's horrible for the longevity of the game. The short reason is: if they never nerf stuff you have no economic incentive to try new stuff. If they give you incentive to try new stuff by releasing more powerful skills it leads to faster power creep.

Also CoC discharge isn't expensive relative to its power, that's why it also needs to get nerfed (more).

The biggest downside of bladefall is clearspeed, but its upsides outweigh that. As I said on page 10 you can easily argue that BF is 2x as strong as 2.0 incinerate.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

The biggest downside of bladefall is clearspeed, but its upsides outweigh that. As I said on page 10 you can easily argue that BF is 2x as strong as 2.0 incinerate.

This is where I am so confused of the psychology to even have this thread in the first place.
In PoE clear speed is very important then the ability to kill bosses.
Pretty much all the maps below Lv78 you can use an all out aoe spec with minor focus on single target damage and roll over bosses anyways in the first place.

In PoE there are simply so many builds that has insane clear speed and some even have insane single target (look at LL voll's discharger variants as well as Tornado shots)

Look at the LA builds, its got insane clear speed and a random 4L single target attack can roll over hard bosses efficiently... or learn to use frost wall and see how ridiculous LA single target can be killing bosses.

BL is a hybrid of AoE and ST... it kills bosses quickly but it definitely suffers from clear speed.

Like I said before people are just hating on cheap builds that can clear maps and kill bosses, same arguments we saw then molten strike was introduced ingame, then again when static strike was introduced. Both clear maps at decent pace and has enough single target to kill bosses as well... all that without reliance on melee splash... then so is ice crash.

Now that melee splash is buffed (great buff btw) opened up a lot more variance in melee builds that naturally AoE attacks aren't so dominating.

Now the focus is shifted to BF because it's virtually the only physical spells that has a full range as well as the ability to take "more" advantages of auras like a physical melee build... and works well even if self casting. EK has medium range, blade vortex is virtually designed around the already overpowered cyclone discharge, glacial cascade only has 1/3 of physical damage...

Why is there no massive QQ over LL Voll's Discharge BV/EK/Arc yet there's QQ against BF always baffles me. Since it's bloody clear that Discharge has insane clear speed and kills all the bosses in 1 to 2 seconds.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:
Why is there no massive QQ over LL Voll's Discharge BV/EK/Arc yet there's QQ against BF always baffles me.
You could probably start at gear requirements. I would hope that most people who advocate nerfing a skill have tried it, especially when it's just a matter of gem+basic supports.

Oh, and if you look at typical BF QQ, that's pretty much what it looks like. The classic is "my unsupported BF clears faster than the 4L my build was designed to use." The BF QQ doesn't come from people making dedicated BF builds and finding it OP, but from people making dedicated Freezing Pulse builds and finding BF to be OP.

Now, when you get to high wealth, then things like Discharge start to enter the picture, and I'm not arguing with you that Discharge is ridiculous.

It's just that BF is also pretty ridiculous, even in hobo gear.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 30, 2016, 10:54:49 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
Why is there no massive QQ over LL Voll's Discharge BV/EK/Arc yet there's QQ against BF always baffles me.
You could probably start at gear requirements. I would hope that most people who advocate nerfing a skill have tried it, especially when it's just a matter of gem+basic supports.

Oh, and if you look at typical BF QQ, that's pretty much what it looks like. The classic is "my unsupported BF clears faster than the 4L my build was designed to use." The BF QQ doesn't come from people making dedicated BF builds and finding it OP, but from people making dedicated Freezing Pulse builds and finding BF to be OP.

Now, when you get to high wealth, then things like Discharge start to enter the picture, and I'm not arguing with you that Discharge is ridiculous.

It's just that BF is also pretty ridiculous, even in hobo gear.

and why is it wrong that we throw the poor a bone once and a while?

the rich have many great options

why not have pity on the souls of the poor

have your no heart?
I dont see any any key!
Poor players with 4 links arent allowed to have strong skills.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Poor players with 4 links arent allowed to have strong skills.

foxtactics beat uber one time with 4l arc in a vertex...just saying.

Good ole days...elemental adaption/inner forces 100% fire and lightning res running RF.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 31, 2016, 12:31:45 AM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
You guys need to stop with this "I earned it by grinding therefore I get to be powerful" mindset. It's horrible for the longevity of the game. The short reason is: if they never nerf stuff you have no economic incentive to try new stuff. If they give you incentive to try new stuff by releasing more powerful skills it leads to faster power creep.

Also CoC discharge isn't expensive relative to its power, that's why it also needs to get nerfed (more).

Yeah self cast....Double totems OP clear speed tho.

As far as nerfs dont really mind them because I have lots exalts and can play pretty much anything hot. I'm a half no lifer after all. But you don;t consider a guy a that save a whole year over the 3 hrs a week his wife lets him play, to say build a discharger, and finally gets to owning shit and they pull rug out from under him. uncool.

I'd much prefer a across the board AOE nerf at least 50%. We do way to much DPS AOE compared to on point stuff (mainly melee) that way no one is singled out as well.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 31, 2016, 12:59:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info