Standard's Economy right Now

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Heres the problem, people play the new leagues because they want a fresh economy, yet whats the point ?

Those same people who say the economy is shit in permanent leagues sure do love to acquire lots of currency in new leagues, but guess what they always say ? "Oh no one gives a shit about perm leagues or their broken economies", soo why are you even playing the game then if the point of new leagues is to acquire more currency for your parent perm league ? There is none.

Are we at the point were temporary leagues need to go to void leagues ? Oh but then no one would play them because they wouldnt get anything out of it. See the problem ? Standard economy was doing just fine pre 2.0.

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but my items that leave the leagues and go to standard just sit in my stash in standard. I don't sell them, unless it is a long period between leagues and I need currency to try something new.

The point of temporary leagues ISN'T to acquire currency for the parent perm league for most of us. It's to play a new league. Do I want my stuff to go to a void league when it is over? I wouldn't care -if- there was a playground league, which is what standard basically is. Somewhere where I can test out changes after big patches with my acquired wealth, so that I don't waste 2-3 weeks of a new league building something that in the end won't work.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
before 2.0 unique prices were dropping slowly and people used to try their luck in changing colours and 6linking uniques so people were using orbs

after 2.0 uniques have been dropping in price 4-5 times faster than before, the market is full of items and so people don't even try to use chroms and fusing on them because you can buy the one you need for very cheap, so people are not using orbs

so now the market is full of uniques and full of orbs that no one uses, and everyone wants to get rid of their currency and get exalteds, so the market is in a phase of stall that makes everyone unhappy.

i hope the buff to t1 uniques drop rate( these are not anymore as strong as before as the game increased in difficuly with new act and higher maps ) it's a move that anticipates a new stronger and rare tier of uniques above shav/mjolner etc, at least that will give us a bit of motivation to keep playing so that people can sink currency into them, we need something exciting like in the old days
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Oct 14, 2015, 10:40:25 AM
"

so now the market is full of uniques and full of orbs that no one uses, and everyone wants to get rid of their currency and get exalteds, so the market is in a phase of stall that makes everyone unhappy.

What is the function of exalted orbs these days since eternals became undroppable? They add extra mods you cant erase anymore. Big deal. You are much better off to chaos spam rare items. Exalted orbs dont bring anything new to the table. Maybe it is just better to delete them from the game since they are so useless and erase them out of everyone's guild stash. Honestly what is the point of them? Beside master crafting nothing. And GGG can swap the prices for certain master mods to other orbs easily that used to cost exalts.

I say in their current form, just take them out of the equation entirely. Game will be much healthier and the entire flipper monopoly just evaporates like snow before the sun.

Exalted orbs have become like gold in this game. This was NEVER the intention 3 years ago. Wasn't this game going to resolve around a barter economy?
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Last edited by Reinhart on Oct 14, 2015, 5:45:31 PM
"
Reinhart wrote:
Exalted orbs have become like gold in this game. This was NEVER the intention 3 years ago. Wasn't this game going to resolve around a barter economy?

This is how all barter economies eventually resolve - to establishing an intermediary point (cash, exalts, whatever) between your 12 chickens and my 4 cows. Because people want better certainty that they are achieving a reasonably good deal and not being ripped off, and the ability to convert one type of item into many possible trades is how they can best get that certainty.
Last edited by davidnn5 on Oct 14, 2015, 5:56:16 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:

This is how all barter economies eventually resolve - to establishing an intermediary point (cash, exalts, whatever) between your 12 chickens and my 4 cows. Because people want better certainty that they are achieving a reasonably good deal and not being ripped off, and the ability to convert one type of item into many possible trades is how they can best get that certainty.

People are being ripped off all the time in this exalt pyramid scheme. If they think that guarantees them certainty, they are fools. Intermediary points in their very nature lend themself to be easily controlled.

You know barter economies have their charms as well.

Path of Exile is completely designed around items. Any game systems that can be itemised with random properties have been. Our flasks are persistent items that have mods. Our end-game areas can be found as Map items that have mods altering their challenges and rewards. We've gone as far as removing gold as a currency and basing our trade economy around orbs that can randomly reroll the properties of other items. We have carefully constructed our item system for veterans of the best Action RPGs.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
"
zachatta wrote:
You are playing standard worrying about the economy........

Sorry, but so what? Am I supposed to play this game waiting all the time for temporary leagues? So am I supposed to quit it in the next month and wait for another (more-of-the-same) league?

yes... of course? This is how the game was designed. I don't even know why we have standard league in this game.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
"
zachatta wrote:
You are playing standard worrying about the economy........

Sorry, but so what? Am I supposed to play this game waiting all the time for temporary leagues? So am I supposed to quit it in the next month and wait for another (more-of-the-same) league?

yes... of course? This is how the game was designed. I don't even know why we have standard league in this game.

You don't know why?

That is because a lot of people in permanent leagues don't like to start over from nothing again and again. If I had to start over from nothing again, I would try different games instead. There are many FTP online games now.

I hope you understand that different people have different play styles. Some people like races, some like PVP, some like temp league challenges and some like permanent leagues.

GGG might recommend temp leagues, but I hope they understand that some don't like to play in temp leagues and GGG think about game and economy balance in permanent leagues too.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Vaal orbs were the gear sink, they decreased Vaal orbs dropping by a significant amount, then they boosted the amount of items dropping, this is why the economy there was relatively stable until 2.0. Vaal orbs gave the perm league economy the second wind it needed.

Vaal orbs are not a good sink. The items with good corruptions will be hoarded in the long term, so the think will have a null effect. A good sink would give some kind of trade off in exchange for item destruction/decay. Vaal orbs destroy the items if they become useless or less useful, not when they become more powerful.

"
i hope the buff to t1 uniques drop rate( these are not anymore as strong as before as the game increased in difficuly with new act and higher maps ) it's a move that anticipates a new stronger and rare tier of uniques above shav/mjolner etc, at least that will give us a bit of motivation to keep playing so that people can sink currency into them, we need something exciting like in the old days

Without offense, but it would be incredibly stupid to do so. Remember Atziri's Acuity. Each broken unique (and possible legacies) are just a source of angry threads. GGG is better just avoiding that crap.
T1 buff is mostly about making them accessible. At the end of the day, those uniques alone are not that powerful, they need more items to make the builds.

"
Reinhart wrote:

Gold finds its ways in barter economies. Remember SoJ.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 14, 2015, 9:43:25 PM
Standard economy...

The value of the Exalted Orb and the Eternal Orb went up significantly over the last 2 month and the value of tier 1 and tier 2 uniques went down, which is a good thing over all i feel. It slows down the whole crafting process of getting near to perfect items and prolongs the game further.

With the upcomming changes/ajustments to costs of master mods (GGG anounced that they are going to be ajusted before or with the start of the next 3 month league and being looked at) we have to see how crafting in the future will look like.

Now we have one little problem left in my opinion, which is less a problem in permanent leagues but furthermore an ongoing problem in challange leagues over time as they went on - i am talking about the rapid devaluation of they Chaos Orb.
The Chaos Orb has been established as a primary currency in PoE. You can buy everything for Chaos Orbs in this game from other players - a Chaos Orb is universaly valuable, for crafting and maping.

My Suggestion:

Chaos Orbs can be generated relativly quickly this times from farming Zones above Level 60 constantly with high level MF characters which leads to quick inflation of this kind of orb when a specific point in a league is reached (more and more people can put together a well functioning character with MF gear and reach level 80+; the more people activly play the more the prizes will go up)

Many people always suggest that wie need more sinks for Chaos Orbs to prevent this - i would like to take another approach to this and would like to change the current level requirement of the Chaos recipe by raising it to Level 70+ items required.

If we had a Level 70+ items required chaos recipe, inflation would go way slower because farming super effective zones like City of Sarn and the "infamous" Dried Lake would be much less effective. You really have to go to maps at some point or farm Daresso/Kaom/Malachei in Merciless which is far less efficient than current methods.

pros
- less inflation
- preserving the value of Chaos Orbs for a longer timespan
- makes the journey to level 100 much longer be default (less chaos available to roll maps)

cons
- makes the game harder
- makes the game even less beginner friendly
- makes crafting items for casuals harder
"
Wiesl_1404 wrote:
Standard economy...

The value of the Exalted Orb and the Eternal Orb went up significantly over the last 2 month and the value of tier 1 and tier 2 uniques went down, which is a good thing over all i feel. It slows down the whole crafting process of getting near to perfect items and prolongs the game further.

With the upcomming changes/ajustments to costs of master mods (GGG anounced that they are going to be ajusted before or with the start of the next 3 month league and being looked at) we have to see how crafting in the future will look like.

Now we have one little problem left in my opinion, which is less a problem in permanent leagues but furthermore an ongoing problem in challange leagues over time as they went on - i am talking about the rapid devaluation of they Chaos Orb.
The Chaos Orb has been established as a primary currency in PoE. You can buy everything for Chaos Orbs in this game from other players - a Chaos Orb is universaly valuable, for crafting and maping.

My Suggestion:

Chaos Orbs can be generated relativly quickly this times from farming Zones above Level 60 constantly with high level MF characters which leads to quick inflation of this kind of orb when a specific point in a league is reached (more and more people can put together a well functioning character with MF gear and reach level 80+; the more people activly play the more the prizes will go up)

Many people always suggest that wie need more sinks for Chaos Orbs to prevent this - i would like to take another approach to this and would like to change the current level requirement of the Chaos recipe by raising it to Level 70+ items required.

If we had a Level 70+ items required chaos recipe, inflation would go way slower because farming super effective zones like City of Sarn and the "infamous" Dried Lake would be much less effective. You really have to go to maps at some point or farm Daresso/Kaom/Malachei in Merciless which is far less efficient than current methods.

pros
- less inflation
- preserving the value of Chaos Orbs for a longer timespan
- makes the journey to level 100 much longer be default (less chaos available to roll maps)

cons
- makes the game harder
- makes the game even less beginner friendly
- makes crafting items for casuals harder

that would only change the chaos rate vs other orbs, won't fix anything

standard needs a currency sink for alterations, chromatics, jewellers and fusings
i saw some people using even 10-15 chaos to roll a 80+map, chaos rate will change as a consequence of lower orbs sink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info