Standard's Economy right Now

It's funny how people play an arpg and care more about the 'economy'. Standard has the huge advantage of giving permanent access to a character, allowing you to play with it and develop it until you're absolutely fed up of it, and even has the really cool aspect of having free respecs once in a while (which allows for testing stuff, doing things differently etc).

The disadvantage? Obvious. Supply of items and currency far outstrips demand, something GGG can't do anything about as every single temp league that finishes further contributes to this situation.

My recommendation: If you want a fresh economy play a temp league, if you want permanent access to a permanent character play standard, but playing it for econsimulator101 instead of character progression will inevitably lead to frustration.
I think a big part of this equation is that more people seem to play Standard than before. I'd love to see some GGG numbers on this, sadly it's been a long time since they shared such things with us. Here's hoping. :)

For me personlly, I didn't enjoy Warbands particularly, and quit early to go back to my Standard chars. Judging by the activity I saw, I wasn't alone. Usually Standard is fairly dead during challenge leagues but not this time - not by a long shot.

I also think that act 4 made things a lot worse for temp leagues. Me, I barely can't stomach the idea of leveling new characters through act 4. I think it's absolute garbage: completely unenjoyable, tedious and just simply not fun. Not a popular opinion, I know, but it's what I feel. It feels ilke act 3X all over again - overtuned, tedious, annoying. The more "campaign" stuff we're getting, the more I feel Diablo 3 did things right with their "adventure mode". Playing through the campaign/story mode once is great fun, but the repeated grind is just too much. It's come to the point where I just don't level new characters anymore, unless there's a Flashback event which is simply too fun to ignore, for me.

I also think the current Flashback league means that some people will stick to Standard while it's running. Even though I personally enjoy the heck out of Flashback, it's not for everyone. It's completely ruthless and without a very solid build & gear it gets super annoying, super quickly. ;) But I don't mind, I'm having a blast, literally.

So yeah, TL;DR - more players around, more goods, more currency = inflation.
Listen up, goetzjam.

It's not his idea, or yours that I take any issue with. It's the fact that YOU sit up on an imaginary pedestal, pointing a finger and name calling anyone who doesn't fall withing your own personal set of ideas and beliefs.

THAT is BS, man.

In this forum, people have the right to air their concerns WITHOUT the worry of being confronted by elitists. GGG are the ones who can 'judge' the merit of ideas concerning the direction of THEIR game. Not you.

Disagree with others? That's all good and fine. But insinuating a lower intelligence level or unworthiness because you disagree? That's where you're WAY out of line.
"
Listen up, goetzjam.

It's not his idea, or yours that I take any issue with. It's the fact that YOU sit up on an imaginary pedestal, pointing a finger and name calling anyone who doesn't fall withing your own personal set of ideas and beliefs.

THAT is BS, man.

In this forum, people have the right to air their concerns WITHOUT the worry of being confronted by elitists. GGG are the ones who can 'judge' the merit of ideas concerning the direction of THEIR game. Not you.

Disagree with others? That's all good and fine. But insinuating a lower intelligence level or unworthiness because you disagree? That's where you're WAY out of line.

This could have been a PM, but I'm somewhat glad you posted it publicly.

Name calling? Please by all means pm me details, calling someone "casual" isn't name calling its a playstyle of players, if that is name calling then so is elitist and your no different in that regard now are you?

In this forum people have the right to post, follow the rules, but no where does it say they are or should be protected from player comments. If people want to just say their piece and have no "confrontation" then they can make their own post and message support to immediately lock it. There isn't any "protections" rather then strait up harassment or breaking the forum rules for people that post. If people post a "stupid" idea they will get a response from others that disagree to why it is, feedback and suggestions forum is meant for discussion, if you want a 1 way message to the developers you can do that, if you can't handle the heat get out of the fire.

Insinuation a lower intelligence level? Really that is what you get from my comments? Either you are concerned with your current intelligence level or you are viewing my comments a bit to literal. People posting 1/2 ass'd shit without reading the thread or previous threads quite simply put are ignorant. Every single post that GGG reads that has a rehash of a previous flawed idea is just that, a flawed idea that cannot be ultized, reposting it doesn't actually help anyone.

And I'm out of line? Ok...
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Ceri wrote:
I also think that act 4 made things a lot worse for temp leagues. Me, I barely can't stomach the idea of leveling new characters through act 4. I think it's absolute garbage: completely unenjoyable, tedious and just simply not fun. Not a popular opinion, I know, but it's what I feel. It feels ilke act 3X all over again - overtuned, tedious, annoying. The more "campaign" stuff we're getting, the more I feel Diablo 3 did things right with their "adventure mode". Playing through the campaign/story mode once is great fun, but the repeated grind is just too much. It's come to the point where I just don't level new characters anymore, unless there's a Flashback event which is simply too fun to ignore, for me.

A little off topic, but I agree with you. Levelling is not that fun. I like maps, but not the path to them.

People have to insist on that if it's to change (specially given that most people just rush through it and ignore the problem). You should make a thread too.

@Goetzjam: there is a big gap between dumb casual players and intelligent casual players, and only a few of them are trying to make it a D3.

Also, even if that game is flawed, there are some parts GGG can learn about, specially from the expansion (no, not the smart loot).

Yes, Reinhart idea doesn't make a lot of sense from an economy standpoint, but there are a lot of hardcore players (self founders) that don't give a fuck about the economy at the end, and they rather center on making the base mechanics fun.

If exalteds stop being the gold standard in this game, another item will take its place. It's not thaaaaaaaaaat bad of an idea. You could respect a little more your opposition, and use less slippery slope arguments (namely: casuals will ruin the hardcore focus of this game and they want to make it like D3...that just hyperbole; for a lot of suggestions, having lots of experience at higher levels is fairly irrelevant, and even if not, one can learn from hearing what frustrations this things can bring at lower levels).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Oct 16, 2015, 3:16:11 PM
Heya,

There's a bit too much focus going around on the person making the posts. Unfortunately, this is pretty dangerous territory, and so we'd prefer if people could stick to discussing the topic at hand (rather than each other).

If this is a trend that continues, we are going to need to start handing out some involuntary vacations from the forum, which is something we prefer to avoid where possible.

Please try and leave the personal attacks out of things.
"Involuntary vacations."

I like that phrase.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
There are some solutions for this:

1. Increase Exalted orb drop rate.

2. Decrease other currencies drop rate (Especially Chromatic orb recipe)

3. Change master craft mods' costs from exalted orb to other currencies.

4. Stop merging temp leagues to permanent leagues.

5. Implement permanent league only item and currency sinks.

Each solution has Pros and Cons, so I can't say which one is the best, but I think "3" and "5" are better than others.
"
Pokopensuke wrote:

Each solution has Pros and Cons, so I can't say which one is the best, but I think "3" and "5" are better than others.

1. That just cheapens the system as a whole, some things are a fixed cost in exalts, like meta mod crafting and such, makes those builds easier to access and their power will need to be adjusted.

2. What? If anything decreased the orb drop rate not the recipe as the recipe allowws or forces you to make a sacrifice in inventory space in order to turn it in. Regardless their is a recipe for all lessor orbs being used.

3. Why would they change it to anything that is cheaper or easier to acquire? Multi mod used to cost 1 divine, now its 2 exalts, basically 6 or more times the cost, without the ability to just cheese it by farming stuff like tabula cards.

4. Never going to happen, part of the lure GGG created when it launched the idea of leagues was the ability to continue on playing a character in the long term if you wanted to. What honestly should stop happening in mid league hc transfers from temp leagues to standard, for example if a character dies in tempest it should go either to a temporary "standard league ruleset", which at the end of the league would be merged with standard or they should go the the SC equivalent temp league. This insures that stuff isn't as continuously dumpy into standard and prevent cross league from standard after HC deaths or at least delays it.

5. Why should GGG implement anything like a perm league only item, not only does that go against the design idea of creating temp leagues and getting players to play there it just isn't logical from a design perspective. What ideas do you have for currency sinks?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Pokopensuke wrote:

1. That just cheapens the system as a whole, some things are a fixed cost in exalts, like meta mod crafting and such, makes those builds easier to access and their power will need to be adjusted.

2. What? If anything decreased the orb drop rate not the recipe as the recipe allowws or forces you to make a sacrifice in inventory space in order to turn it in. Regardless their is a recipe for all lessor orbs being used.

3. Why would they change it to anything that is cheaper or easier to acquire? Multi mod used to cost 1 divine, now its 2 exalts, basically 6 or more times the cost, without the ability to just cheese it by farming stuff like tabula cards.

4. Never going to happen, part of the lure GGG created when it launched the idea of leagues was the ability to continue on playing a character in the long term if you wanted to. What honestly should stop happening in mid league hc transfers from temp leagues to standard, for example if a character dies in tempest it should go either to a temporary "standard league ruleset", which at the end of the league would be merged with standard or they should go the the SC equivalent temp league. This insures that stuff isn't as continuously dumpy into standard and prevent cross league from standard after HC deaths or at least delays it.

5. Why should GGG implement anything like a perm league only item, not only does that go against the design idea of creating temp leagues and getting players to play there it just isn't logical from a design perspective. What ideas do you have for currency sinks?

As I say, each solution has Pros and Cons. Some are less realistic than others of course. If I offended you, I am so sorry. I just wanted to post my idea to make POE better for not only temp league players, but also permanent league players. In the real world, if there is a problem, we should look for a win-win solution, but not a win-lose solution. So far, unfortunately I feel that GGG doesn't care about permanent leagues' game and economy balances.
Do you have any good ideas to balance these in permanent leagues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info