Standard's Economy right Now

"
NeroNoah wrote:

Nothing is eternal, as it should be.

So that is why they removed the eternal orb.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:

Nothing is eternal, as it should be.

So that is why they removed the eternal orb.

Nah, that was because they are Grinding Gear Games, no Crafting Gear Games. Again, someone said there is another method available to craft right now, so I should protest that on principle too.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
goetzjam wrote:

Fine add one for 150 chaos to 1 exalt. See how the ratio does matter, the simple matter of the fact is maybe GGG does not want people to simply farm for pure chaos to buy exalt directly from a vendor, maybe they want interactions or exalts to feel special, considering the power of such I don't think they will ever add a way to get exalts without player interaction (or things like farming divination cards, which people are completely neglecting to mention in this topic)

What is the power of exalted orbs? Please do tell me.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

Fine add one for 150 chaos to 1 exalt. See how the ratio does matter, the simple matter of the fact is maybe GGG does not want people to simply farm for pure chaos to buy exalt directly from a vendor, maybe they want interactions or exalts to feel special, considering the power of such I don't think they will ever add a way to get exalts without player interaction (or things like farming divination cards, which people are completely neglecting to mention in this topic)

What is the power of exalted orbs? Please do tell me.

I know you can't be serious. No one is that ignorant to post a comment like yours and expect a response, I mean really?

Exalted orbs are the most important aspect of pretty much every player interaction in PoE. Its power cannot be described completely in a list, but i'll mention a few.

1. Exalted orbs are the highest player findable orbs in terms of currency. While a mirror is technically classified as a currency 99% or more of the players will never find one, making the exalt the true leader in currency.

2. Because the exalt doesn't have a recipe (aside from vendoring a mirror, that we know of) it cannot be "farmed" like chaos orbs or regal orbs. Hell with the addition of the tabula card, even divine orbs can technically be farmed. The only caviet to this is divination cards, which I haven't heard of being "reliable" enough to make it worth time specifically to do.

3. Rare items are the most powerful items in the game, at least they should be. A few top tier unqiues provide alternatives, usually for chest moreso then other slots. Best example here is 2 handed weapons (bows, axes, ect) and even 1 handed weapons (daggers, swords, ect) are typically best in terms of damage. Only one that really competes in endgame is mjolner and windripper.

a) Because rares are typically the best for things like this, crafting then requires exalted orbs, with the removal of eternals, but the addition of meta master mods (which were there before, but costed more) GGG added the ability to have a pseduo eternal orb still allowing for powerful crafting, all crafting here requires exalts aside from rolling the initial item, master mod, multimod, ect require exalts. Buying alts and fuses typically requires exalts as you need to buy in bulk.

4. Because it has no known recipe it is the most desireable orb when trading items as its almost always in desire. It plays a crucial part of keeping an orb outside of a systematically farmable manner, which helps keep others in check.

In case you didn't know:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Exalted_Orb

Exalted Orbs are extremely rare currency items that can be dropped by slain monsters, chests, and destructible containers. They also drop from Arcanist's Strongboxes.

Unlike most other currency, these orbs can't be obtained through vendors

Exalted Orbs are high-value currency that play a crucial role in the in-game economy. Their primary purpose is to craft high-end rare items. Because of this, it is regarded as the "gold standard" currency for trading between players, with many trade deals listed in terms of Exalted Orbs. Since the average player does not have the means to craft high-end items, the average player typically trades Exalted Orbs for other valuable equipment instead of consuming them.

For powerful or wealthy players looking to use Exalted Orbs on powerful rare items, there are two primary methods to consume them. The first is through direct use of the orb, adding a random affix to a rare item that does not already have six affixes. The other is to add high-end affixes from Forsaken master crafting benches by paying a fixed amount of Exalted Orbs. The latter method grants crafters access to the special meta-crafting mods which cannot be rolled naturally.

If GGG were to add exalted orbs as a recipe then nothing would distinguish the system from one like a gold based system. Why not then just change stuff to fixed cost in gold, because adding a fixed method of acquiring exalts would do just that.

Honestly the amount of ignorant players that play this game and cannot think of consquences for their suggestions before hand is extremely high, I wish they would spend more time thinking about it before posting as players like yourself or ones that suggest it does no one good. Instead of me spending time replying to an actual smart and well though out comment i'm replying to what is most likely an attempt to be facetious, please stop.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Oct 15, 2015, 2:04:22 PM
Maybe you should learn to read before you go tangent on an issue.

What is the use of exalted orbs beside master crafting? Absolutely Nothing. Their original purpose as a crafting orb is long gone.

So that leaves us with master crafting. Some mods cost exalted orbs but THAT can easily be changed to another orb that actually has a function! Just changing a few lines of code and you are done. The exalted orb itself just has no use anymore and is a waste in terms of game design.

You need to start thinking outside of the box.
Heart of Purity

Last edited by Reinhart on Oct 15, 2015, 2:22:28 PM
"
Reinhart wrote:
Maybe you should learn to read before you go tangent on an issue.

What is the use of exalted orbs beside master crafting? Absolutely Nothing. Their original purpose as a crafting orb is long gone.

So that leaves us with master crafting. Some mods cost exalted orbs but THAT can easily be changed to another orb that actually has a function! Just changing a few lines of code and you are done. The exalted orb itself just has no use anymore and is a waste in terms of game design.

You need to start thinking outside of the box.

Exalted orb would have more of a purpose if the eternal orb as readded.

As for the dumbass argument that master mod cost could be replaced, so can the orb if it was so bad (like eternal was) Don't use arguments like this.

You seem to be mad about an orb because you are likely "too casual" to understand how to build wealth or acquire anything of value. Please feel free to prove me wrong.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

You seem to be mad about an orb because you are likely "too casual" to understand how to build wealth or acquire anything of value. Please feel free to prove me wrong.

I mainly play this game to have fun. But thank you for your concern.

For me everything can stay the same as it is now since I don't give a single shit about the economy. I merely offer advice that would result in a much better experience for newer/other players without falling victim to the current exalt scheme.

My advice:

PLAN A: You delete eternal + exalted orbs from the game.
PLAN B: You delete eternal orbs from the game AND make exalted orbs as common as augmented orbs.

A bitter pill and lots of crying. But one that will work and make the game healthier in the long run.
Heart of Purity

"
Reinhart wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

I mainly play this game to have fun. But thank you for your concern.

For me everything can stay the same as it is now since I don't give a single shit about the economy. I merely offer advice that would result in a much better experience for newer/other players without falling victim to the current exalt scheme.

My advice:

PLAN A: You delete eternal + exalted orbs from the game.
PLAN B: You delete eternal orbs from the game AND make exalted orbs as common as augmented orbs.

A bitter pill and lots of crying. But one that will work and make the game healthier in the long run.

Its clear you don't see the design perspective that the game intended when it was made with an orbed based system, instead of a gold based system, regardless play as causally as you would like, but don't offer ignorant "solutions" just because you want to play the game casually.

FeelsBadMan

Like it or not, for the most part, "casuals" pay the bills around here.

One could easily counter your statement with: 'don't offer ignorant "solutions" just because you want to play the game as a no-life'

No one person's ideas and suggestions are more valuable than the next person's.

Player elitism is slowly chewing away at the life of PoE.
"
Like it or not, for the most part, "casuals" pay the bills around here.

One could easily counter your statement with: 'don't offer ignorant "solutions" just because you want to play the game as a no-life'

Regardless if that first statement is true or not GGG wouldn't have gotten started if it wasn't for the hardcore (not league, but playstyle) playerbase supporting and testing the game for them. As such people like myself and others supported the game early because of its design, to change from that design now because they have grown and want to grow would be a huge mistake. GGG and you must understand the homogenization of games is a very bad thing.

The no life counter argument isn't one at all, if the game currently is a grind-fest and was originally designed for a "no life" or hardcore playstyle then the burden of argument is on that who wishes for it to be changed, not that who is playing the game in the intended fashion. I'm not really a no life player though that can be left to the havocs and etups. Although I do view myself more as a hardcore player.

"

That is where you are wrong. If no ones ideas or suggestions were better or more valuable then others, then why on earth do some get implemented and others don't? Hum, lets see either it goes in line with the design of the game or is a better change, regardless this claim that no ones ideas or suggestions are better then another is wrong

"

The casual players of this game are trying to change it into D3, literally trying to turn this game into the most casual ARPG of all time. When I say the homogenization of games is a bad thing, I literally mean it will be the death of games, specifically ones of similar style. Why would anyone want this game to be like D3, when the game already exists and you can play it, I guess they do charge for it...

You and other players that call themselves casuals need to get a grip on the reality that the game wasn't created for you. GGG has done nothing but make this game more and more casual over time, whether intentional or by mistake. The game will never get more hardcore or elite then it was in 1.0, as matter of fact that game literally can only get more casual, see that is my problem with the whole statement of "elitism" we aren't trying to be "elite players or mentalities" we are trying to be PoE foundation purist.

You cannot seriously reply to my post for calling his idea dumb and say my argument or counter argument to his is ignorant, when hes literally suggesting a gold based system be implemented into PoE. You should feel ashamed as a long time supporter of the game to even remotely suggest that his idea has any merit at all. Then again I don't know how much you play, if I had to guess you indeed are a super "casual" player and don't care about the longevity or more importantly the identity of the game.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info