Standard's Economy right Now

Market rates are established by what people are willing to pay for something. Would you be complaining if you were on the other end of this trade? If you had exalts and wanted fuses instead?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Oct 8, 2015, 11:43:42 AM
"
Simple: it's falling down.

it's changing. And yea, uniqe drop updates changed ex:fusings ratios...
Vendoring lightning coil and shavarone in 1 hour is cool story tho.

also people who think they are superior because they laugh at standard economy are [removed by moderator]
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 8, 2015, 11:59:30 AM
What is your point exactly? The value of things are not static. Fuses used to trade at ~70:1ex before 1.0. Things change, items fall in and out of the meta and change value, currencies fluctuate.

You have two choices here, adapt or be eaten. The only thing constant in life or business is change.

Also, the standard economy is still very much booming despite what 99% of the people here will tell you or try to make you believe.
Prophecy @ WizKid - 94 BV Pathfinder
Prophecy @ SmackDown - 93 TS Assassin
Essence @ Wallbang - 93 Crit Lacerate Elementalist
Breach @ GodoftheBreach - 94 BF Inquisitor
Legacy @ BradPitt - 92 LL Ele Wander Inquisitor
average 6l price is 20-25 ex
You need 1500 fuse to 6l

1500/20=75
1500/25=60

When GGG fixed the 6l to 1500 it made flippers look at that and compare it to 6l prices.
Since 6l price in standard is going down... (unless you want a 6l top melee weapon)

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Oct 8, 2015, 1:54:29 PM
"
Kaw wrote:
Facebreaker prices are skyrocketing.

I guess there is a different unique called facebreaker?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Yes there are people that care about standard. I am not sure why this is such a shock or a joke to people. Newsflash...some people don't care about fresh economies. Some people actually need to play the game for an extended period of time to get the currency to equip their characters for end game.Also in breaking news some people may just find certain leagues boring. Everyone's interest in this game is different. Some only play for the economy restarts, some play because they actually just enjoy the base core game, some people only play hardcore,some play for racing, some people play pvp. How about we let those people have their opinions and feedback about the things they care about. Seems how it is the only constant in the game there is nothing wrong with people voicing their opinion about the permanent leagues. I personally play what seems like the most fun at that particular time. Sometimes it's the race season, sometimes its the new league, sometimes ...OMG... it's standard.

As far as the economy in standard goes. Standard economy always goes a little wonky after leagues end. Some are just trying to convert everything to exalts to stash them and wait for the new league. Notoriously anything legacy goes up in price because people don't have access to them in the challenge league. Some people look to improve their build when they get to the perm leagues so those core items that have legacy versions seem to spike after every league. There is also a large influx of non-legacy items after a league ends so they seem to drop in value just because more on the market + less people interested in them.

I think we have seen some currency sinks come into play causing some shifts in rates. Exalted orbs seem to be sinking so the value of them is rising. On the flip side fusings & chaos don't really have a sink anymore. As has been said Perm leagues are becoming flooded with 6L's to the point that it is usually cheaper to just buy a 6L rather than make one yourself. great rolled rare items being the only exception to this. These issues I believe are a problem in the economy period, not just in standard.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:
Facebreaker prices are skyrocketing.

I guess there is a different unique called facebreaker?

There is the legacy one. 900%+ ones are 6 ex and more, the really good ones (990%+) are 30ex+. Not sure about recent developments on the prices though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Prices are a mess because of vacuum farming plain and simple. It should never have been allowed to happen. I tried for 3 days and found about 20ex worth of items, and this is after nerf only getting 1 ghost in a lot of mobs. This needs to be removed from game not nerfed.. Standard will take a really long time to recover if it ever does at all.
1)card system increase item supply alot, particular 6L, average 6l chest weapon is about 10-12ex now, forget the 6L-1500 fuse from master, nobody cares unless you pick up an unique like disfavor. More and more, card is just like another item, ppl lost interest alreadyand it twist the deamn and supply of the game.
2)too easy to craft via masters. now most of the time I can alt/aug/regal then make use master mod, that makes an item better, in the past, we throw in ex/chaos/divine to try our luck, in the process alot wealth recycled/Consumed, thus in effect stablizes the economy.
3)Currency/item drop maybe too high in low tier/level, to make thing worse now GGG nerfted 77+ exp, I gave up level up anymore (higher tier map drop base is too small), instead I am full MF all the time, once you dont care exp, death has no effect on me. everyone just do dried lake can come by...sad.
4)too many rubbish/stupidly designed uniques ( i understand GGG needs to make $$ just to let those dumb to design unique), but pls let them make skin instead.
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
Simple: it's falling down.

One month ago fuses were 45:1. Now people are trying to buy them for 75-80:1.

Not to mention other orbs (alts and chaos, specially).

What would happen if I decided to talk about unique prices? In one month (when the flashback leagues end), you're gonna be able to buy a Shavronne's after 1 hour playing the game for the first time. Yesterday I had to vendor my first Lightning Coil. I mean... Vendoring a Lightning Coil. Can't wait until I do that with my Shavronne's drop, right?

If it was supposed to be this casual, I'd rather play Diablo (at least they have fancy movies which I could enjoy).

Seriously, GGG: What's your idea about this? Was this intended (I mean, to put the game in this level of 'casualness'?) If it was not, is anything going to be changed? I think that increasing the drop rate of T1 uniques to 4 times its previous chance was way too much. At least reduce it now by half and it should be ok. Not as difficult as before, not as easy as now.

Not sure what the problem is here. You've played this game a long time right? This happens to standard's economy every time a league ends. The economy gets saturated with new currency. People buy it and either flip it or consume it, then prices stable out again. Do not worry about the economy, prices change depending on supply and demand. You have to realize that what you're calling prices are actually just comparing what's more relatively valuable. What you're saying about fuses is that Exalts are now more valuable in comparison to fuses than they used to be. Most likely it's because there's more fuses from warbands which will eventually resolve itself as it always does.

As far as unique prices, again I do not see the problem. The whole idea was to make uniques more accessible to the masses that would enable them to make builds they previously shouldn't. Uniques like Shavs or Mjolners that enable builds that can't be created without them. The idea that these MUST be extremely valuable and out of reach for 90% of the players is ridiculous. They're uniques, not incredibly powerful crafted rares. What you're seeing is intentional and in my opinion, a good thing. Now people can more reasonably obtain these build-enabling uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info