Standard's Economy right Now

"
Char1983 wrote:
BiS should pretty much always be a rare item.

That statement fails on so many levels.

What is rare item - its hp/es + resist + DPS, that's it - raw boring stats. How rare could be BiS when uniques gives you uh.. The-Unique-Properties which you could not get on rare? They simply could not and should not.

IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
Radjehuty wrote:
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
Simple: it's falling down.

One month ago fuses were 45:1. Now people are trying to buy them for 75-80:1.

Not to mention other orbs (alts and chaos, specially).

What would happen if I decided to talk about unique prices? In one month (when the flashback leagues end), you're gonna be able to buy a Shavronne's after 1 hour playing the game for the first time. Yesterday I had to vendor my first Lightning Coil. I mean... Vendoring a Lightning Coil. Can't wait until I do that with my Shavronne's drop, right?

If it was supposed to be this casual, I'd rather play Diablo (at least they have fancy movies which I could enjoy).

Seriously, GGG: What's your idea about this? Was this intended (I mean, to put the game in this level of 'casualness'?) If it was not, is anything going to be changed? I think that increasing the drop rate of T1 uniques to 4 times its previous chance was way too much. At least reduce it now by half and it should be ok. Not as difficult as before, not as easy as now.

Not sure what the problem is here. You've played this game a long time right? This happens to standard's economy every time a league ends. The economy gets saturated with new currency. People buy it and either flip it or consume it, then prices stable out again. Do not worry about the economy, prices change depending on supply and demand. You have to realize that what you're calling prices are actually just comparing what's more relatively valuable. What you're saying about fuses is that Exalts are now more valuable in comparison to fuses than they used to be. Most likely it's because there's more fuses from warbands which will eventually resolve itself as it always does.

As far as unique prices, again I do not see the problem. The whole idea was to make uniques more accessible to the masses that would enable them to make builds they previously shouldn't. Uniques like Shavs or Mjolners that enable builds that can't be created without them. The idea that these MUST be extremely valuable and out of reach for 90% of the players is ridiculous. They're uniques, not incredibly powerful crafted rares. What you're seeing is intentional and in my opinion, a good thing. Now people can more reasonably obtain these build-enabling uniques.

not really
alterations has always been at about 300-350 per 1 ex for all the time i've been playing poe
chroms always at about 300
fusing always 40-45

now the only way to gain wealth is to flip those few people that still play this game.
now that uniques are worthless, if you play and wish to buy a mirrored item ( let's say 250ex ), you have to farm 17500 fusing or 130000 alterations by selling rares from probably 10000 maps.

the economy wall has never been this big in standard
player A has many mirrored items, he keeps his wealth since mirror always go up in price.
player B has just a few t1 item, player B will never ever reach the same level of player A in the current state of the economy, if he had the motivation to do it, player B would need 10x more time to reach the same level of player A compared to 1 year ago for example.

personally, i am at the same time player A and B, i love farming but i dont find it rewarding anymore, uniques are worthless, currency is hard to sell vs exalted and so frustrating for the time needed to exchange it into exalted only at a ridicolous rate
Like others said, currency costs move over time. You're focusing on how many X you need to get Y....

What you should be focusing on is what the market is telling you about your behaviour (trying to sell fusings). Fusings are clearly flooding the market, probably because everyone posted up 'hay should i convurt all my ex to fuse' on reddit so everyone pounced on that bandwagon.

So, the economy is telling you to either use your fusings or save them for when demand increases. And perhaps even speculate a bit by buying at this higher price, if you're feeling brave.

Don't get me wrong, what frustrates me most is probably frustrating you - actual liquidity and moveability of currency. But that's not due to less demand, it's more about extremely clunky trade mechanics.
The prices of exa went up because of that ridiculously cheesy method of getting easy +3s via the meta mod + the need to craft new top tier shit because eternals got the axed and t0 exists.

So until the mirror bros get their new 600 dps harbingers or what ever the hell they want
and until everyone else gets their "srs and poison arrow are op" easy +3 items .... exalted orbs are going to be THE currency to want and it is a sellers market for them , not the other way around.

You can complain and rage all you want. but it has nothing to do with your precious shavrons and lightning coils becoming less valuable.

It is standard after all, how many people need those items anymore that have the drive to accumulate the wealth necessary anyway?

either you are rich , be it from legacy leagues grandfathering you into old money or the industrious type that gets money fast.. in which case you have that crap already.. and probably +1 all skill versions of them.

or you only play leagues in which case .. tosses thou dost not giveith about crap in standard.
Its funny that people shit on standard when its the fucked up ratios from warbands carrying over in to standard that drove fuses and to a lesser extent chaos up. Next temp league I bet chaos gets to 100:1 ex and temp league players will still say "hur durr standard economy sucks".
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Its funny that people shit on standard when its the fucked up ratios from warbands carrying over in to standard that drove fuses and to a lesser extent chaos up. Next temp league I bet chaos gets to 100:1 ex and temp league players will still say "hur durr standard economy sucks".

Truth hurts eh?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
qquno wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
BiS should pretty much always be a rare item.

That statement fails on so many levels.

What is rare item - its hp/es + resist + DPS, that's it - raw boring stats. How rare could be BiS when uniques gives you uh.. The-Unique-Properties which you could not get on rare? They simply could not and should not.

So odd you call it "boring" stats when the reality is they are stats that typically you get much much more of compared to Uniques. Yes Uniques have interesting mods but almost always have some sort of drawback. Kaom's heart having 500 flat life, but no sockets. Shav's has the amazing Chaos can't go through ES mod, Cloak of defiance grants you high mana regen on a chest and MoM, yet the chest itself offers little stats of any use. Mjolner has that crazy 30%/50% chance to cast a socketed lightning skill on hit but the stat requirements to use it are huge. The list goes on and on.

Uniques have always had these sort of drawbacks with extremely few exceptions. Shavs armour offers mediocre ES and little resist, but the mod it offers is build-enabling and therefore is one of the few examples where uniques can be end-game BIS. Similarly, Acuity was designed to be godly, but extremely rare and you need to kill Uber for it. The vast majority of uniques were supposed to be for interesting build ideas but they should never or almost never win out against someone with rares that have 5-6 T1 mods on them (mirrorable). The whole idea is someone is willing to invest enormous amounts of time and currency crafting the perfect item. That amount of work should never be trumped by a simple unique drop.

It's always been this way.
Its actually GGG's fault more than anything, theyve made alot of poor decisions regarding changes and additions in 2.0.

Gearing is hyper accelerated right now because of these changes, causing gear to cost less and orbs to be worth less.

The worst change made to the game was adding in divination cards, some of the other poor changes are the over saturation of unique mods, these are your inner treasure, singularity, etc. Theres also the problem of ghost busting which is absolutely broken still. Bloodline is also a big problem too, mods like keepers of the trove make getting chaos/regal recipes a joke while in maps.

While divination cards certainly were a neat concept, they completely and utterly destroyed the market for items in a variety of ways.

Divination cards are far easier to obtain than people realize, i farmed up 6 chains that bind in a few hours. That means i could get a ilvl 80 6L chest piece (potentially the best base as well) within a day of playing the game, craft it and have a chest piece worth multiple exalts.

Even legacy items are dropping in price because of the addition of Legacy items being available through divination cards.

Theres also the emperors luck card which is easily farmed, though its a gamble its actually not too uncommon to get the big hit currency rolls (divine orbs or exalted orbs).

GGG desperately needs to do something to slow down the fluctuation of items in standard right now because before too long nothing but mirrors with be worth anything and people will stop playing because trade will essentially be non-existent.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 13, 2015, 7:26:13 AM
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
"
zachatta wrote:
You are playing standard worrying about the economy........

Sorry, but so what? Am I supposed to play this game waiting all the time for temporary leagues? So am I supposed to quit it in the next month and wait for another (more-of-the-same) league?

..Yes? The game is made around challenge leagues, this is a fact that have been known since closed beta.
Why do you think HC is a ghost town? Nobody plays it, we just wait for new challenge leagues, new economy and whatnot.

Sadly this economy always ends up being controlled by the 1%, fortunate enough to find good stuff and control the market.

It was the same shit in Non-Ladder Diablo 2, but people didn't complain there, even though they also had Legacy shit (Siggard's Stealth and Ladder-Only Runewords).

But really, this is GGG's fault, they made the game like this.
Like, why would you EVER want to craft yourself when it's just a bloody gamble if you get something good?
Eternal Orb have been hated for ages, but it was our only proper way of crafting without wanting to commit suicide.

IMO, redo the entire crafting in the game, it just doesn't function, it instead makes people hoard up stock of worthless currencies that they trade with, instead of using.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
@Tin_Foil_Hat

Have to correct some false information here:

"
Its actually GGG's fault more than anything, theyve made alot of poor decisions regarding changes and additions in 2.0.

I'll agree on this statement, but it isn't as simple as just making this statement.

"
Gearing is hyper accelerated right now because of these changes, causing gear to cost less and orbs to be worth less.

Gearing is more streamlined now compared to ever before. Because of the changes things aren't worth the same and as such people feel its "wrong" I don't know if I agree with that but because its different people will complain.

"
The worst change made to the game was adding in divination cards

I've said a few times joking that GGG nerfed the drop rate of some items (like rathpith, lightning coil, ect) to sell more divination cards about a month after that they buffed the drop rates. Divination cards just feel incomplete IMO, it doesn't make since from a lore perspective (that I have seen) and I don't think any other game has done anything similar. To me I rather rarely get lucky and get that T1 item then farm over and over to get parts of a set to get the T1 item. Like I farmed over 1 weekend the 6 link astral cards, while it did take me a better part of my weekend playtime I got the whole set and had an ilevel80 astral.

The worst change is the utter destruction of defensive options for casters. Paired with the leech changes and lack of leech options for casters and the changes to EB means sustaining mana is a huge issue.

"
some of the other poor changes are the over saturation of unique mods, these are your inner treasure, singularity, etc.

Naw the amount of people getting something good from these are super tiny, I got a taste of hate from a ghosted rare with inner treasure and smuggler.

"
Theres also the problem of ghost busting which is absolutely broken still.

I'm torn on this but to complain about it IMO is quite stupid it is working as intended.

"
Bloodline is also a big problem too, mods like keepers of the trove make getting chaos/regal recipes a joke while in maps.

The chaos\regal recipe has always been a joke. How often are you actually getting jewelry from these, I don't think I've EVER gotten jewelry from keeper of the trove.

"
While divination cards certainly were a neat concept, they completely and utterly destroyed the market for items in a variety of ways.

Go into more detail, such a large claim should provide proof instead of just a statement.

"
Divination cards are far easier to obtain than people realize, i farmed up 6 chains that bind in a few hours. That means i could get a ilvl 80 6L chest piece (potentially the best base as well) within a day of playing the game, craft it and have a chest piece worth multiple exalts.

You could also farm up those cards, believe it takes 11 and get the worse base, so at best you have a divine orb. See the problem with saying a divination card is "OP"?

"
Even legacy items are dropping in price because of the addition of Legacy items being available through divination cards.

No those aren't legacy items, once zana was added they are and should be referred to as "league specific". This is actually a good thing as why on earth should items be added and never be able to be accessed going into new leagues.

"
Theres also the emperors luck card which is easily farmed, though its a gamble its actually not too uncommon to get the big hit currency rolls (divine orbs or exalted orbs).

Really i've done this card 6 or 7 times and gave a few 2-3 at a time to others to complete and no one has ever gotten anything more then chaos.

"
GGG desperately needs to do something to slow down the fluctuation of items in standard right now because before too long nothing but mirrors with be worth anything and people will stop playing because trade will essentially be non-existent.

They cannot, standard is the dumpster league more and more items drop everyday, GGG balances for the temp leagues, not standard, its a consequence that people will have to deal with.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info