Standard's Economy right Now

"
Pokopensuke wrote:

In the real world, if there is a problem, we should look for a win-win solution, but not a win-lose solution. So far, unfortunately I feel that GGG doesn't care about permanent leagues' game and economy balances.
Do you have any good ideas to balance these in permanent leagues?

Exalts don't drop often. Before some of the recent master meta mod crafting, a small percentage of Exalted orbs were used for crafting, with the vast majority being traded back and forth as a currency.

I don't have GGG's data, but let's say there is a 50% increase in exalted orbs found being used for crafting. 50 xxx orb for exalted can easily become 75 xxx orb with that 50% drop in trading availability. In very large commodity markets, the supply is so vast that fluctuations don't always hit the market pricing immediately, and can sometimes persist after the the original supply change.

This isn't something that was intentionally caused by GGG, nor is it something that they need to "fix".

Anyone who remembers the price of an Exalted being 3 GCP can tell you that the current deflation of readily available orbs vs rare drop only orbs isn't anything new.

As players accumulate more stuff, they have a lesser need to buy other stuff. Many items can be swapped between characters, and so a player may only need 1 oe 2 of them.

I have several gear pieces that are worth only a few chaos now that I paid over an exalt for originally because they were still in demand and very rare. Those few exalts (1-3) represented an entire league's worth of wealth for me. While they are certainly worth less now, I don't feel any regret or blame the 'economy'.

By the same process of change in demand and availability, some items I found that I wouldn't have been able to sell for more than a couple chaos orbs sell for a LOT more now. A few of these items are on characters I play, and some are awaiting future builds -

In Standard.

The value of Standard league - to me - is that I have a lot more options. With a few exceptions - none of those options are limited by not having Exalted orbs.

There are some master crafts, and some Zana map mods that would be fun, but are out of the question. There are a handful of top items that would be interesting to try out as well (the cast on drinking build for instance would be fun - at least at first, it might old after a few days)

By and large, the game doesn't necessitate having the best gear, but allows players who are willing to put in the effort a very good chance of acquiring it.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DoctaLinker wrote:
What would happen if I decided to talk about unique prices? In one month (when the flashback leagues end), you're gonna be able to buy a Shavronne's after 1 hour playing the game for the first time. Yesterday I had to vendor my first Lightning Coil. I mean... Vendoring a Lightning Coil. Can't wait until I do that with my Shavronne's drop, right?

(cut short for brevity)

I remember when my Lightning Coils wouldn't sell for 1c... now they're legacy worthwhile items. Things change, a lot, which is mostly their intention to keep the game alive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info