Sustaining 75/76/77 Maps /w Blue Rolls

Whatever the basementboys/nolifers say I cant maintain either. Think its just RNG. I just buy maps now. Buying content. real good GGG. Guess I have to contimue my currency flips and other scammy behaviors. No big deal.
Git R Dun!
Look, the map drop system for me just does not work at all. And I would like to understand why. To do so, I have to talk about map drops.

If map drops are fine for you, provide help to those for whom it is not fine, but don't be arrogant while doing it. Be helpful. Constructive. And help me understand what is going on. Because like this, I have to buy 75+ maps to sustain my 75+ map pool, and that sucks. Really hard.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Quant means almost nothing. The most important stat is packsize.

I can't stress this enough.

And please what the fuck are people doing posting results of one map? I want to kill people who have zero clue on statistics.

its a problem in itself though that the sample size you need to have to really be able to make any judgements on the difference between map rolls is so large that its not realistic to look at one players experiences even over the period of weeks of heavy mapping. That in itself says the returns from rolling maps are almost entirely rng and from an individuals point of view you just shouldnt be investing hard into maps, if you are investing more than an alch you are already being somewhat foolish.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Look, the map drop system for me just does not work at all. And I would like to understand why. To do so, I have to talk about map drops.

If map drops are fine for you, provide help to those for whom it is not fine, but don't be arrogant while doing it. Be helpful. Constructive. And help me understand what is going on. Because like this, I have to buy 75+ maps to sustain my 75+ map pool, and that sucks. Really hard.

Why does it suck?

I actually don't understand. Buy 50 Canyons. Less than 1c each, make at least 1c from each map, get 76s and 77s on the side FOR FREE.

Gradually move up like this and don't invest a single ounce of currency until you reach 79+ at which point you Ambush maps and roll magic monsters and faceroll sustain.

Honestly, every single player on the forum who struggles to sustain maps just read this and you'll be fine. (Provided you trade Kappa)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 3, 2015, 5:19:01 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
That does not answer the question, though: Why do I not get map drops from the 75s? Why am I running out of 75+ maps? I had about 25 or so, and have been chainrunning them, now I am down to 7 I think.

Wrong question.

http://poe.trade/search/hasanikarimami

The real question is why do you care about running out of things that are less than 1c each?

Every single map returns at least 1c equiv, just buy shitloads of maps and you can never fail to profit.

Because

a) I like to build my own map pool, it feels like more of an achievement
b) Trading is tedious
c) I get the chance to drop 76 maps for no additional difficulty or time investment
d) I am playing on Standard, where 75 maps are more like 3c

Also, buying content feels really shitty. And I want to solve the problem, not cover it up by buying maps. Eventually, I will have to be able to sustain my own map pool.
Blue Malformation

37%Q, Magic, Bloodlines, Monster Life

God that maps SUCKS
"
Char1983 wrote:
Also, buying content feels really shitty. And I want to solve the problem, not cover it up by buying maps. Eventually, I will have to be able to sustain my own map pool.

The game actually doesn't work like this.

Ambushing 79+ and rolling magic pack on each map with packsize rolls on the map is guaranteed sustain.

Before you do this you just need to throw maps away. Sad, but this is how to MOST EFFECTIVELY sustain maps in this game.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

Why does it suck?

I actually don't understand. Buy 50 Canyons. Less than 1c each, make at least 1c from each map, get 76s and 77s on the side FOR FREE.

Because the cheapest Canyon on Standard I can find right now is 2 GCP, so 50 Canyons would be 100 GCP / about 300 Chaos / about 7 Exalt. Also, there is only one person selling a Canyon map at the moment.

"
Chundadragon wrote:

Why does it suck?

I actually don't understand. Buy 50 Canyons.

Because a lot of PoE players hate trading. With passion. I know I do. I chose this game because I was disgusted with Auction House 3. If Blizzard didn't screw the pooch I wouldn't even know about this game. So if you came here to play an ARPG that doesn't force you to trade, of course you hate the very idea of buying content. What's the point? How can you be satisfied with your character progress when you bought it instead of actually progressing?
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
What's the point? How can you be satisfied with your character progress when you bought it instead of actually progressing?

I'm not here to debate what the point of anything is.

I'm here to tell you the 100% truth, and that is PoE map system is built 100% from the economy and trade.

Don't even fucking think about being able to reasonably sustain maps without trading. Immediately forget it now.

"
Char1983 wrote:
Because the cheapest Canyon on Standard I can find right now is 2 GCP, so 50 Canyons would be 100 GCP / about 300 Chaos / about 7 Exalt. Also, there is only one person selling a Canyon map at the moment.

Sorry brother, mapping = economy. If the economy on your league sucks, mapping sucks. Sorry.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 3, 2015, 5:26:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info