Sustaining 75/76/77 Maps /w Blue Rolls

"
kamil1210 wrote:
So map system is good, and there are ways to get that many high maps so 75's are trash.

No the map system is tied to trade is what I'm saying. There are sufficiently enough people who overcame the RNG barrier that you can leapfrog to the top.

"
Chundadragon wrote:
I will say this btw, every single league I've played the optimal strategy I've found is to buy the maximum "trashcan map" you can - basically for Warbands, this is 75/6 maps.

"trashcan map" means you basically profit no matter what since the map is so worthless. 75s are less than 1c on warbands, 76s similar shit. Then run about 50-100 of these and you will have like 20-30 of the higher maps which you can be serious about.

Best way to build a base is to skip building a base and immediately move up to the top.

Like so.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Blue Dark Forest

51%Q, 2 rogues, -10 resists, 14% pack

"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
Well, it was possible in the past. And it's possible up to lv 75 now. I still have faith in GGG. They broke the lv 74 wall in the patch, now they need to break the lv 76 one, and if they are smart make it sustainable up to lv 79. Chris stated that they mean lv 80-82 to be unsustainable. That's fine with me. That is the actual endgame. Treating those maps as a luxury is Ok. What is not Ok is that it starts at lv 75 now.

People discuss it here in all these threads because they hope GGG can make it right. Otherwise they wouldn't be here. When I deleted the fucking auction house game, I didn't bother going to Blizzard's forums and leaving them feedback. Fuck them. That was 3 years ago and I'm still pissed when I think how they ruined the most expected release in the history of gaming. But I'm not ready to give up on GGG yet.

Admirable! I think from reading Anuhart's signature you're not alone.

By the way, do you guys know why I tell you fuckers to trade for low maps?

Because it's mandatory to trade for high maps, you need to buy chisels, buy fragments, buy chaos, buy buy buy buy buy. Yo never gunna do this shit solo.

Better get used to it and suck it up or you're not going anywhere in this game. True story. #cutforbieber #cutforzaynemalik #suicideforzayne
Last edited by Chundadragon on Sep 3, 2015, 5:52:03 PM
Blue Canyon

28%Q, Vuln, Boss stuff, pack size

Have you heard of Spreadsheets brother?
UniD blue orchard

78%Q, Fracture, Extra projectiles

blue orchard

32%Q, magic monst, bloodlines, undead

75 75
75 74
74 71
73 71
69 69 70

Found a carto
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Sustaining 75s don't come from your own 75s, they come from the trashcan.

Either this statement is wrong, or the TO is lying, or the TO is just incredibly lucky, or there are other factors that make the TO sustain while I cannot.

EDIT: @TO, if you have a large excess of 75s on standard, do you mind selling them in bulk?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 3, 2015, 7:52:13 PM
looool. the map drops are garbage, that s NOT ok to farm 76-77 maps on lvl 96. on lvl 96 you supposed to be farmin 79-82! Yes, map drops are garbage, I am currently lvl 96 and I get .5% exp from a 76 lvl map. I chiseled, chaos, Vaal fragments every 79+ map and I am still back to 76-77's. I almost never get map returns and I invest eeeverything in my maps including zana mods. So, you just have no idea what you talking about. Good luck farming your 76's
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
looool. the map drops are garbage, that s NOT ok to farm 76-77 maps on lvl 96. on lvl 96 you supposed to be farmin 79-82! Yes, map drops are garbage, I am currently lvl 96 and I get .5% exp from a 76 lvl map. I chiseled, chaos, Vaal fragments every 79+ map and I am still back to 76-77's. I almost never get map returns and I invest eeeverything in my maps including zana mods. So, you just have no idea what you talking about. Good luck farming your 76's

no youre not, youre never supposed to be able to sustain farming those maps. You are supposed to occasionally have those maps, run them, then fall back down to 76/77/78. Thats how its designed to work. As you have found out, you do everything, run 150% quant maps with 3 sac pieces and then zana domination or ambush on every one and actually, it doesnt do fuck all, it means nothing and you fail to get your returns same way you do with 65% quant yellows, same way you do with blue maps. Etup never sustained that level of maps on the way to 100, he might have bought a bunch of them but ultimately he always fell back down to grinding 76 maps when left to his own base I think.

"
kamil1210 wrote:

You could put this in RNG if we were talking about 100 maps, we are talking hare about thousands of maps.

but youre not. no one has 1000s of lvl75 maps for sale, rng says this group of players gets past 75s completely and this other group doesnt. the group may have 1000s of 75s for sale, the individuals have 30, 40, 50, 100 maps for sale and its down to persistence in the face of rng. You either get lucky or you brute force it with time investment.

"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Sustaining 75s don't come from your own 75s, they come from the trashcan.

Either this statement is wrong, or the TO is lying, or the TO is just incredibly lucky, or there are other factors that make the TO sustain while I cannot.

EDIT: @TO, if you have a large excess of 75s on standard, do you mind selling them in bulk?

Ive never bought a map in this game, ever, Ive never bought chisels, never bought sac fragments, never traded for chaos. I sell items for chaos and then use them on maps, I sell items for alchs and use them on maps, anything else like chisels is just self found, hammer recipe etc. I could sell my 75s if I wanted, I have nearly a tab full of 76s. I vendor everything up to lvl75 and then the less desirable 75s i vendor into 76s, the others like canyon/dry pen mainly, I occasionally go on a binge, alch 20 of them and just slam through for an hour or two.

I can never sustain any level of maps, if I start running my 77+ right now Ill run them all, get less back than I started with, run those, less back, Ill brick the entire lot in a day if I went at them in such a fashion. Same with my 76s, but bouncing around between 75 and 79 I can stay in that area and never be completely out of 76s. I probably dont really need to run 75s, unsure, but I find the idea of buying my access to endgame so abhorrent as a concept, so completely fucking disgusting that I refuse to go there, ever. I might start selling 82s because the system is so rng and theyre worth so much that I just dont give a fuck anymore tbh, selling I can maybe deal with, buying maps will never happen, not for me. I dont sell my 75s though because theyre worth f all really, I have an entire stash tab of chaos orbs I think my 75s are worth more to me than a few c each, chaos are meaningless, a 75 map can either vendor into a 76 or perhaps drop a 76/77, that actually has meaning to me.

Getting there has just been sheer determination. Its not been about investment, forget that as a concept. Basically how fragile are you? Can you generally just alch a map and run it? If your build isnt trying to dodge a ton of potential mods and usually u can just alch and go then do that because alchs are essentially worthless so why not basically. If alching a map is going to drag you into a 10 chaos investment trying to dodge mods you cant do then run blue. Then you just play maps basically, you will go up and down and up and down and over time you build up a map base. you can approach it tactically and try and build up tiers of maps to the point where youll never need to dip below a given level etc or you can just attack your highest maps first always and deal with larger swings, its up to you. Whats going to get you the map base though is just grinding, I didnt always have a strong map base, Ive played endgame like a man possessed for over 8k hours, it just comes down to rng and how willing you are to just keep going and going and going until you overcome the rng.

If u push ladder early league you want to max potential, you are probably going to invest because its just everything you can do to get 1 inch ahead of the next guy. But when you see someone like Etup loaded with maps mid league its because every week hes running more maps than most players will run in the entire 4 month league. Brute force no life grinding, thats how you overcome rng in this game and maps are basically 99% rng. The whole risk v reward etc, when you hear devs talk about risk vs reward and investing in maps remember they dont play the game, dont have a clue what theyre talking about, are basically clueless an full of crap when it comes to talking about their map system that theyve never really spent any decent time playing on a live server. Only way to reliably invest in maps is to buy maps, only way to reliably build your own map pool is by beating rng down with a stick of playing this game more hours than the average person works week in week out. Fail to buy maps and/or fail to no life? You are completely at the mercy of rng, you might get lucky, you might not, but ultimately you have no meaningful control over your endgame access so spend an amount that is insignificant to you on maps otherwise youll be even more pissed off than the average angry mapper.

Its the same with the whole t1/rare unique thing, people saying well I never found a single t1/rare unique... k, Ive found god knows how many, kaoms, soul takers, aegis shields, le heup, voltaxic, charans goddess, devotos, bors, mjolner... on and on I dont even remember half the shit ive found over the years. How? Brute force grinding, its just total rng and the way you battle extreme odds rng is just spending so unthinkably long grinding that you actually begin to find consistency in the most far fetched, high variance rng. Same with ex, some people say they never found an exalt, I dunno how many Ive found, 40, 50, 80, more? I really have no grasp of how many, a lot. 6 links, how many have I fused by hand? no idea, 6? 7? More? Dunno. 8k hours grinding endgame efficiently with efficient builds, stuff happens, the extreme rng of this game evens out. Thats what it comes down to basically with a lot of things in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info