Sustaining 75/76/77 Maps /w Blue Rolls

Coming out of pre 2.0 I had dozens of old 77/78 maps saved up. I burnt them up in easy blue rolls.

I ended up with dozens of 75 maps. Dozens of 76 maps. A couple dozen of 77. And a dozen of 78,79 combined. And one 80 map.

I have since ran several hundred 75, 76, 77, in non chiselled blue roll only 'new' maps. I have had absolutely no problem sustaining 75/76 maps. In fact, I have too many of them. Canyons and Cells are coming out of my ears. I can't use them up faster than I get them. I have been turning Underground Rivers into Plateaus. And selling some 75's to players.

I have stockpiled half a tab of 78/79/80 maps thus far, not running any, which I will do alch'd and chiseled soonish, although I am having a good time doing 75,76,77's still!

Experience at L96 still moves with 75/76/77 maps (5-7% an hour?), so in my opinion, the game is exactly where it needs to be map wise. This will not please a lot of people, I know, however, I have thousands of hours experience mapping, and things feel exactly right to me for sustaining access to the end game.
Last edited by Laminar_Flow1 on Sep 3, 2015, 6:28:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That is VERY weird. Cause that is statistically significantly different from my experience.

Do you play in groups? Do you have IIQ on your character? Anything else that could explain this difference?

I am having trouble to sustain 75+ with chiseling, alching, chaosing, vaaling.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Sep 3, 2015, 12:56:22 PM
That's good info. I was still alching 75-77, and cringed a little everytime I'd get an undoable mod for me, but I didn't do enough of them to judge if it was required or not to sustain. I'll try your method and see what happens.
"
Char1983 wrote:
That is VERY weird. Cause that is statistically significantly different from my experience.

Do you play in groups? Do you have IIQ on your character? Anything else that could explain this difference?

I am having trouble to sustain 75+ with chiseling, alching, chaosing, vaaling.

Entirely solo. No added rarity or quantity. I probably do 50% 75's, 30% 76's, and 20% 77's.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I vendor every single maps below 75 to merchant, mainly to keep my tabs clear.

When 77's are getting low, I go back to 75's. When 76's are getting low, I also go back to 75's. And then start in on new higher maps when I have a few. I find that the key to not running dry, is going back a couple levels in maps. I run the rare lower map when I find a good yellow one, or a high quantity natural chis'd one. I never run out of 75's, so it seems to be the new baseline (used to be 73's for me using the same system).
I'm currently level 92 and I've been doing maps in solo from 75 up to 79. I usually get between 0,5% and 2% of my xp bar every single map, depending on mods, level and layout. It is true that you can possibly sustain 76/77, but is basically impossible to break into the eighty-ish. So far I've been chiselling and alching, rerolling no regen, -max res and blood magic because I'm RF. I've started to run out of chisel and getting low on chaos. Overall it is not fun to run maps nowdays, it is boring and currency consuming.

When you say 5%xp per hour I guess you have an above-average clear speed. How many maps per hour?
Whoa! If what you are saying it true, then there must be something seriously wrong with how IIQ works. Increasing the drop rate of items hurting the drop rate of maps, or something?

I'm not throwing away my stash of lv 76's on a rumor, but bored enough to experiment with lv 73-74's like that tonight. Sure hope you are not trolling us.
Got this on a random yellow Gorge.

This is above* average return.

Also I forgot to mention above, I am a packrat. I turn over every boulder as I run by, and open every single chest. I find alot of stuff that most people would just pass by.

*edit about = above
Last edited by Laminar_Flow1 on Sep 3, 2015, 6:29:03 PM
"
ammenz wrote:
I'm currently level 92 and I've been doing maps in solo from 75 up to 79. I usually get between 0,5% and 2% of my xp bar every single map, depending on mods, level and layout. It is true that you can possibly sustain 76/77, but is basically impossible to break into the eighty-ish. So far I've been chiselling and alching, rerolling no regen, -max res and blood magic because I'm RF. I've started to run out of chisel and getting low on chaos. Overall it is not fun to run maps nowdays, it is boring and currency consuming.

When you say 5%xp per hour I guess you have an above-average clear speed. How many maps per hour?

My clearspeed is high. I can run a Gorge in like 2 minutes. High DPS CI crit reave.

I am going to keep posting what I find each map today.

And nope, not trolling, trying to be honest and give true feedback.
"

This is about average return.

7 maps is avarge? I dont belive.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
I suspected as much after running some experiments. I saw no difference btwn map drops on "blued" maps and maps where tons of currency was spent. None. Sometimes drops just suck. No correlation tho.
I have a modest amt. of both rarity and quality on the character I am basing this statement on and also turn over every rock, blast every basket, etc.
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info