What you mean D3 characters look better?

"
Temper wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
You play PoE for free.

If you give a damn how your character looks, support the game. =^[.]^=

Perhaps they've already supported by spending all their money on the stash tabs they'll need to conveniently play the game without trawling through a dozen mules ?

How is one to know if someone has actually supported or not,a supporter pack title ?

=P

My point, you haz missed it. It's not an indictment for failure to support the game, at all. Rather, it is that PoE's F2P business model needs people to buy MTXs, including armour effects and skin transfers. If GGG simply gave us all the shinies and anime swords and spiky shoulder-pads and such, there would be no sales of the relevant MTXs.

Also, all those effects are optional, and, as some have observed, perhaps not entirely immersive in the Wraeclastian milieu. Not everyone wants to look like a JRPG character, so the default gear, especially the grubby, low-level stuff, looks like crap you'd pull off a corpse. If you want teh shinies, go to the shop. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
melodia1 wrote:

So many ugly features with this pic I don't even know where to start.

it looks like your char just finished having breakfast.

on a serious note: you can also look ridiculous with mtx.

and another story of "grandpa tells from the war":
when the game started and ggg mentioned that they want to sell mtx i naturally assumed chars (except the duelist) looked intentionally so creepy so players are encouraged to buy better looking character models later on.
i was wrong.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:

looking at the gear in players' character pages revealed alot.

but sadly chris stopped my promising career as a professional character lurker. looking up gear setups and skill trees was as least as interesting as reading the forums.

I'm more intrigued by what isn't revealed when looking at a players character pages. Mahaha

"
Raycheetah wrote:

My point, you haz missed it. It's not an indictment for failure to support the game, at all. Rather, it is that PoE's F2P business model needs people to buy MTXs, including armour effects and skin transfers. If GGG simply gave us all the shinies and anime swords and spiky shoulder-pads and such, there would be no sales of the relevant MTXs.

Also, all those effects are optional, and, as some have observed, perhaps not entirely immersive in the Wraeclastian milieu. Not everyone wants to look like a JRPG character, so the default gear, especially the grubby, low-level stuff, looks like crap you'd pull off a corpse. If you want teh shinies, go to the shop. =^[.]^=

Indeed I did miss it ..... I have no excuse and can only hope that you'll forgive my misunderstanding and accept my apology.I don't know why the POE forum makes me feel I must be an aggressive poster,but it does so apology thrown at you ... rather than to you .... lol

=P
Last edited by Temper on Aug 30, 2015, 10:13:33 PM
"
Temper wrote:

"
Raycheetah wrote:

Indeed I did miss it ..... I have no excuse and can only hope that you'll forgive my misunderstanding and accept my apology.I don't know why the POE forum makes me feel I must be an aggressive poster,but it does so apology thrown at you ... rather than to you .... lol

=P

No biggie. I've had worse. =^[.]~=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Umm my free blue power ranger set looks great to me! GGG has already given us free MTX for very little effort on our part.
I watched some D3 on twitch yesterday and I find it better looking than poe. Especially animation quality is a lot better in D3.

I don't care much about graphics though.

In the 10'ish minutes I watched I never saw his health bar move.
Last edited by Sisaroth on Aug 31, 2015, 2:21:06 AM
"
Suni wrote:
Umm my free blue power ranger set looks great to me! GGG has already given us free MTX for very little effort on our part.

which imho was a mistake as it doesn't motivate players to spend money after they got the set at all.
and those power rangers will always identify themselves as players who didn't support the game. it's like a stigma (like the razer footsteps).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 31, 2015, 3:11:39 AM
"
melodia1 wrote:
OP, yes I'm sure your char has no MTX items right? /facepalm
Anyone wanna try looking "good" in this game without MTX? Be my guest. Without MTX this game looks worse than Super Mario 64 from 1999. Top contender for ugliest game in terms of equipment aesthetics in the entire decade.

Its possible yet damn expensive.

I am at work now, so ill try not to forget to attach a screenshot of my RF char, when at home.

There is a number of uniques that look good.

Kaom's Hearths
Taryn's Shiver

(lol 2)

But it's really possible to look decent without MTX. Matching different uniques and rares will make a good looking aesthetic build.

Frankly, as of late, i kind of dislike MTX. They make me look like a Gundam. To flashy, to shiny.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Aug 31, 2015, 3:14:52 AM
Actually I have that blue set on a char with raven wings and a weapon mtx , and I am working on upgrading my second supporter pack. I think it was a great move on their part, making more players get used to using MTX.

edit: The Arcane armor set is not flashy at all, one of the best IMO.
Last edited by Suni on Aug 31, 2015, 3:17:43 AM
One of my Witch screenshots. Seriously love this setup.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 31, 2015, 3:41:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info