What you mean D3 characters look better?

"
vio wrote:
"
Suni wrote:
Umm my free blue power ranger set looks great to me! GGG has already given us free MTX for very little effort on our part.

which imho was a mistake as it doesn't motivate players to spend money after they got the set at all.
and those power rangers will always identify themselves as players who didn't support the game. it's like a stigma (like the razer footsteps).

Players who use those armour skins don't automatically forgo buying any MTX; I dun use the same MTXs on all my characters.

And I wear my exclusive Razer footprints with pride, as do many other folks I see in town. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Players who use those armour skins don't automatically forgo buying any MTX

i know. but the stigma is there, at least for me.
in a game where you generally show your support towards the game with your characters' look ... if getting these items were attached to some real challenge, things would have been different.

"
Raycheetah wrote:
And I wear my exclusive Razer footprints with pride, as do many other folks I see in town. =^[.]^=

did you read "no logo" from naomi klein?
i hate advertisements with a passion, especially if they're superficial. again, a personal thingy, each to its liking.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
melodia1 wrote:
OP, yes I'm sure your char has no MTX items right? /facepalm
Anyone wanna try looking "good" in this game without MTX? Be my guest. Without MTX this game looks worse than Super Mario 64 from 1999. Top contender for ugliest game in terms of equipment aesthetics in the entire decade.

If you're gonna compare low-level PoE gear to diablo3 gear, then use low level diablo gear too. Oh, and set the texture quality to low, since you did it in here as well. Now look at your midlevel wizard robes and dare take a picture!

Last edited by veek91 on Aug 31, 2015, 5:39:49 AM
My only complaint is skin transfers are consumables. I understand they need to make money, but consumables in that regard is a bit much.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
D3 characters do look better. The only way a character could look aesthetically appealing in this game is if you spend a bucket load of cash and I am guessing it is intended to be this way so that GGG can make more money.

It really comes down to personal taste though I suppose.
"
vio wrote:

i know. but the stigma is there, at least for me.
in a game where you generally show your support towards the game with your characters' look ... if getting these items were attached to some real challenge, things would have been different..

And all this time I was proud of my red power ranger armour. :(
Aesthetically, they're 2 different games. I kind of like PoE's "slum" look. It matches the theme, really. I've only allowed myself to buy one armour MTX - the arcane armour set - and that's because it's one of the few ones that doesn't make me feel like a Blizzard character in game with flashy lights and baubles (and even this set is pushing the limit for me).

The MAIN difference is that I've spent around $150 on PoE and I feel great about it.

And I've spent $120 on Diablo 3 and I want it all back and to have my memory erased.

Because what it boils down to is that D3 insults the intelligence of the user by pretending to give them options when really they have none. It could be the prettiest, flashiest game ever and I wouldn't play it for that reason alone.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Aug 31, 2015, 10:08:37 AM
"
Nasreth wrote:

The MAIN difference is that I've spent around $150 on PoE and I feel great about it.

And I've spent $120 on Diablo 3 and I want it all back and to have my memory erased.

Heh, im in the same boat. But, tbh, i really enjoyed D3 when the end game was pretty much impossible. It was quickly nerfed and then the game was very blah.
well at the end its just realistic.. like in medieval, only the rich knights and noble people had nice armours and fancy clothes. the poor farmerdude that had to move into a battle couldnt afford it (and prolly didnt give shit about looks), he just put some armourpieces together to survive ;)
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Heh, im in the same boat. But, tbh, i really enjoyed D3 when the end game was pretty much impossible. It was quickly nerfed and then the game was very blah.

You know I did like D3 a bit when it was originally released, but at that point I knew little about the mechanics. I ran a low life regen build with Force Armor that turned out to be considered an exploit and removed from the game. Then I switched gears and started running an explosive blast + forst nova + wicked wind build centered on critical mass for perma freeze, and that turned out to be considered an exploit and removed from the game. Then they reworked the whole game around class specific sets, essentially locking every single endgame build into the exact same thing for every player; so now I just don't play.

If they had built the game from the initial state that Jay Wilson created, I have no idea where they would have ended up. Maybe it would have been better, but I'm not optimistic. Blizzard caters to a different type of player than GGG does, and I guess I'm just not that type of player.

Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info