What you mean D3 characters look better?

The question is, am I decked out in MTX's or just some Wraeclastian hobo?

Spoiler
I actually don't care much for the sets of MTX armour skins. I purchased the steam powered and seraph sets. the steam powered one doesn't look too bad but the seraph set looks hideous on all the chars I've tried it on.

Currently I am using skin transfers of uniques I've found.
Helm: Abyssus
Chest: Lioneye's Vision
Gloves: Sadima's Touch
Boots: Windscream
Shield: Lioneye's Remorse
Weapon: Profane wand, recently switched to Steam Powered wand MTX because I like the way it looks with herald of thunder active.

I'll still probably purchase more MTX armour sets as something to simply spend my points on.

I totally agree with what someone in this thread said earlier. I've spent over $1k USD on PoE MTX and stash tabs and I regret none of it but the $100 I spent on D3 I wish I could get back. I'll continue to support GGG because I feel they are putting together a better game with a fraction of the resources of Blizzard.

If you like D3 then I am happy for you. I tried to like it but I just can't so I quit posting on the forums and uninstalled the game.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I played both, I enjoyed both at certain times. I feel PoE has more going for it. I also really enjoy being able to donate to the game via stash tabs and MTX gear.

My biggest issue is the lack of variety and flexibility in the system! what if I want to see my characters face or hair when I'm playing? what if I want my Maurader to have the bare chested beserker look? Or even at a more basic level, why do many of the NPC's living in the slums look better then my character? I thought I was the hero...sniff...

All joking aside, that to me is the real issue. as someone stated earlier, there's simply not enough variation in the MTX styles IMO. I look at some of the NPC's in the game, and wish I could get a gear setup like theirs. My Ranger grits her teeth in jealousy every time she has to sell things at Clarissa...I can only dream of getting a "getup" like hers. totally cool look. And I'd level a Shadow just so I could look like Vorici. even Dialla's gear could look sweet on the right setup.

You'll have to forgive me if there are actually sets that look identical to those examples...I haven't seen everything in the game yet, but I have been looking...If they offered those exact sets in the MTX I would be all over those.

But...I have to either choose the demon lord, the vampire, the steam powered dwarf wannabe, or...I dunno what you call those others, but they definitely don't fit my bill. And just having a "blank out" option for some getups would be wonderful. Or perhaps themed chest-pieces that would replicate this (similar to the battle lamellar, just a bit less coverage).

and I understand that there are those who don't like these kinds of things...but that's where CHOICE comes into play. so I could choose to have my ranger look like Clarissa...and you can have yours wearing the tattered rags and stained boots. we can both play the game the way we like, and were both happy.

TLDR : More variation and flexibility in the system. More MTX styles. We don't need flashy glow in the dark armors with computer readout screens..but at the least give us the range of options you actually have in the game. NPC's shouldn't look better then my Hero IMO.
"
I don't call my characters 'toons' because I'm older than 20

Is that what it is? I think 'rekt' falls into the same boat when I am playing tf2. I am always getting 'rekt', it seems.

"

Can we stop now please?

Are you not entertained?!
Yes we can def stop. One thing though..calling D3 graphics cartoon-y but being into Dragon Crown's..? I dunno.

That isn't high fantasy to me.. but I get what you're saying. Wraeclast's grit is unmatched.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 31, 2015, 8:24:31 PM
"
"
ghamadvar wrote:
Too bad the left foot could not make it RogueMage.

Ah. The internet. Come on, where is the next comparison-thread where we compare uncomparable stuff just to look like - i don't know?

Apples and Orange Is The New Black?

Yeah, kind of. ;)

About high and low fantasy: Are you sure? I remember as many magic encounters and fluff in POE as in d3. POE has a steampunk-flavour added, but still: Both games are high fantasy. Or low fantasy, if you wish. In d3 angels fall from the heavens. In POE golems are created by magic. Every boss-encounter in POE is full of magical fluff.
edit: the first boss is a zombie. The second a witch. the third an icy pirate. The fourth a necromancer. Merveill next. And so on.
The whole world and game-style relies on magic talking about gems. I don't think that both games are too different in terms of that.

@wretch: ahhh. Nice to see you around here ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Sep 1, 2015, 5:02:01 AM
"
gilrad wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
^^ Potato gfx settings aren't really doing you any favors either.

But hey, I took the bait.

To be fair, PoE's engine is so shitty it's entirely likely that with the same rig that needs to run PoE in potato mode, he can run D3 in maxed out settings.

Did you even play Diablo 3? It fucking sucked it just sits at 30% CPU useage and can't even handle quad cores. It is like Starcraft 2: utterly shit and made by gender studies majors. Those 2 games used the shittiest engine I've ever played on. In large fights I even had frame drops in SC 2 on the lowest settings. Graphics are optimized terribly.

I fail to see what is wrong with PoE's engine other than that ground effects take a lot out of the GPU, more than they should.

The animations look better and smoother. Textures look better. PoE > D3 in terms of looks.
You can get a nice look in D3 with the right transmogs.
"
Sogolon wrote:
"
gilrad wrote:
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
^^ Potato gfx settings aren't really doing you any favors either.

But hey, I took the bait.

To be fair, PoE's engine is so shitty it's entirely likely that with the same rig that needs to run PoE in potato mode, he can run D3 in maxed out settings.

Did you even play Diablo 3? It fucking sucked it just sits at 30% CPU useage and can't even handle quad cores. It is like Starcraft 2: utterly shit and made by gender studies majors. Those 2 games used the shittiest engine I've ever played on. In large fights I even had frame drops in SC 2 on the lowest settings. Graphics are optimized terribly.

I fail to see what is wrong with PoE's engine other than that ground effects take a lot out of the GPU, more than they should.

The animations look better and smoother. Textures look better. PoE > D3 in terms of looks.

You mean sc2 which is played in tournaments for hundreds of thousands of dollars? Hm. I've never seen a frame drop when life destroyed people in matches. But hey, what do i or blizzard know. There are the hate-boys who know facts for fact. "The shittiest engine i've ever played on". Aha. Rain, crowds, effects, loading - some of the things that totally fuck poe up. A fact? Don't know. But when my pc roars while playing poe, while he is smoothly doing witcher 3 on highest settings, something is wrong. Terribly wrong.

Man...

@anvilgod: That's an argument. It does not belong here. Arguments are not well regarded in threads like this ;)
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Last edited by ghamadvar on Sep 2, 2015, 6:15:34 AM
"
PoE is definitely not low fantasy but I'd still argue it's 'lower' than D3.

I think you should be careful before making that distinction even. To me, PoE looks very clearly like a cosmic horror. Lovecraftian themes everywhere with all the nightmare stuff. We've only experienced 4 acts worth of story and I can see it getting a lot deeper if they continue in the direction of the cosmic horror they've painted and pursue the nightmare theme.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 2, 2015, 11:17:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info