What you mean D3 characters look better?

"
D3 at max still looks like slightly suped-up WC3 to me...

The whole 'mtx' thing is irrelevant, as noted: D3 you have to buy anyway, and probably for more than it takes to look halfway decent in PoE (skin transfers alone can get you there).

it's ~30$ bro, it's on sale for a long time. You are comparing static screenshots and different art styles. I also don't prefer simplified graphics but some transmog combinations look really good in D3, and again, animations.

I don't see anything childish here: (tho some people don't like this buffed and spiky design, I do, most do in fact but you do have a choice of making it look totally different)

Spoiler

sure, art style is simplistic but they pulled out most out of it since they are using crappy old engine. But the thing is, PoE f2p looks is VERY ugly and limited. Even if you had best uniques, if you don't pay for skin transfers you char is going to look like circus dressed just in stock items. Sure, for 5-10$ you can trans some skins but that is a wasted money once you find or get an upgrade or your build gets nerfed to the ground by GGG. So, you have to go for serious permanent/reusable skins, and those aint 5-10$, more like 100+ or 200$+ to fully complete.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
Last edited by Ludak021 on Aug 30, 2015, 10:18:58 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
Is this about taste or about objectively measurable stuff? The one thing I dislike about D3 models is that the textures are really low res... it really looks like WoW models at times.

Can't comment about the WoW model thing but ... ya for sure D3 textures aren't as sharp and spiffy as POEs but then most times I'm not playing either game zoomed in enough (or at all =P) to spot the difference.

If I had more spare time,maybe I would spend it in my hideout zoomed in for effect ... probably not though. lol

Edit: the meshes in D3 are better though as most of them mix and match well without clipping problems.
Last edited by Temper on Aug 30, 2015, 11:03:21 AM
"
melodia1 wrote:
OP, yes I'm sure your char has no MTX items right? /facepalm
Anyone wanna try looking "good" in this game without MTX? Be my guest. Without MTX this game looks worse than Super Mario 64 from 1999. Top contender for ugliest game in terms of equipment aesthetics in the entire decade.

So many ugly features with this pic I don't even know where to start. For one, how is it possible a game only has 1 armour model for both male and female characters??

Yes for someone who doesn't spend anything on extra effects and looks, the endgame looks in POE is extremely lacking.

Especially for those without any appearance-changing uniques at the end.

You will still look as bland and colorless as when you started the game.

Many a-time you won't see much difference in looks between a lvl 20 and a lvl 80+ character unless they've bought effects/armorlooks or is decked out in extravagant uniques.

Something Chris and PoE should add imo, more fancy looking armor-sets at the higher levels.

Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
If I would change something than it is make the armor look more rusty and worn and well maybe with a bit of blood stains etc. after all you are wearing it in combat and found it on a dead body (mostly).

Even PoEs armors sometimes look too shiny for their purpose but in D3 its even worse. Those armors look as if they have never seen even a second of combat. Which make me feel that the most powerful magic inside them is the one that make them not look used up and bloodied.

And I also feel that there can be nice looks even without any MTX but it would require sticking to one armor-type which often is not the case. But since the most used unique is tabula anyway most players look as if they just woke up :P
On average D3 on technical terms looks much better (without accounting art style preferences) with completely customization options to look how you want.

PoE is a generally ugly ass sin mismatched characters unless you have MTX which then it could surpass D3 within a limited range of outfits (MTX available and not fugly looking unquie or pieces)
You play PoE for free.

If you give a damn how your character looks, support the game. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
You play PoE for free.

IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Raycheetah wrote:
You play PoE for free.

Perhaps they've already supported by spending all their money on the stash tabs they'll need to conveniently play the game without trawling through a dozen mules ?

How is one to know if someone has actually supported or not,a supporter pack title ?

=P
"
"
Temper wrote:

How is one to know if someone has actually supported or not,a supporter pack title ?

=P

Absolutely not an assumption anyone should make. Even without that, we can hide titles if we wish.

__

Ludak: that looks fucking horrible and I'm sorry you feel otherwise.

I'm liking those elephant tusk shoulder guards
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

Absolutely not an assumption anyone should make. Even without that, we can hide titles if we wish.

looking at the gear in players' character pages revealed alot.

but sadly chris stopped my promising career as a professional character lurker. looking up gear setups and skill trees was as least as interesting as reading the forums.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info