In-Game Trade System: Cancelled?

Auction house could always be removed from the game worst case scenario.
"
Poutsos wrote:
It's the exact same situation that was with desync as well.

GGG knows that something like an auction house is required to improve the game. Dozens of people have pointed that out. They know what to do, they just refuse to it for their own reasons. But they will eventually have to do it, if the game survives long enoug.

With desync they knew the answer from day one. They had mentioned the lockstep system, but they stated that it was not suitable for their game. Well as you can see, it might not be perfect but it is a million times better than what we had. That's why i am still so bitter about their solution. They knew it from day one and they just did not do it, and thousands of us that live in countries that servers are not very close, or net speed is not up to par had to suffer and suffer, until GGG grew out of their stubborness and decided at least try the solution that knew all along and everybody else was using. And they finally did it when i, and several others had already stopped playing.

It's exactly the same with trading. Something like an AH might not be perfect, but it definetely is a million times better than the current system, and eventually it will have to be implemented in some form or another.

Desync was in game for 3-years because PoE kids gave GGG the impression that it was OK to leave something 100% stupid in the game. These PoE kids are also the the traditionally the ones who tell new players to "L2P with Desync, or GTFO" or "POE is better than your game because it has desync to make game more challenging" or "fixing desync is impossible so l2p or GTFO" or "GTFO back to D3 if you don't like desync"

The first time GGG didn't listen to these, they introduced lockstep and loot filtering... funny how those 2 are the most praised features introduced in 2.0... funny how it works eh...

Now it's trading system... everyone knows how much of a train wreck it is, but few that learned to exploit it wouldn't let go... and people who simply flat out scared of changes and scared that PoE might get better and get new players will do everything in their power to keep PoE niche and as bad as possible. Just like when they told GGG Desync is fine, new players just need to L2P or GTFO...

Yep... They rather have the worst trading system since June 2000, than having the game to be appealing to wider players and grow... basically they rather PoE to stay a niche game than having something they have to learn again and possibly lose the ability to freely scam newbies
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Nov 24, 2015, 2:53:59 AM
Been waiting for years and GGG have still not made a working trade system, like wtf ??

POE.TRADE have nothing to do with GGG I will not use a out of game site, it is the same as the pay to win sits.

POE is a game without any way of trading WTF!!

Trade chat is the only, trade system atm and it is utterly useless. 99% spam

Party boards are suffering, not being used for the intended purpose and as a result almost useless!

Stop making new content and make a trade system, that is what the game needs!

If you like make a crap league where all who insist on not having a trade system can go play!

But the rest of us would like to trade!
After so long, still dream of the day i'll be able to sell items (shop). (here to play the game, not to play forums, websites and use other programs)

Just give us 1 or 2 "trade stash tabs (trade only)" that forces the players to set a price on the items they put in (by right-clicking) (or the item is sent again to the invetory or whatever) and do something like this:

Player can serch in Noticeboard or Social Menu for items others have set to sell, like in poe.trade
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1208985
peace
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
Pewzor wrote:

Desync was in game for 3-years because PoE kids gave GGG the impression that it was OK to leave something 100% stupid in the game.

No, it was in the game for 3 years because fixing it required them to entirely rewrite a HUGE part of the game's code, which took a LOT of time and money(especially since they wanted it to still work with the older system as well). Everyone, including GGG, knew it was a problem all along, but actually fixing it was far more difficult than you seem to think.
Sorry for being late to reply to the thread.

The trading system changes have not been cancelled. There are just areas like fixing desync that have been in contention for the same internal resources. The reason why we were talking about improving compatability with third-party tools is that those changes can be deployed a lot earlier to help the situation in the meantime.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:17:49 PM
I'll return back to this game if they implement an auction house. Trading via 3rd paty tools is what mainly keeps driving me off. A game with an economy and item variety of such magnitude won't be ruined by the addition of an auction house. It's a vital requirement to help people spend less time trading and more time playing the game.
"
Chris wrote:
Sorry for being late to reply to the thread.

The trading system changes have not been cancelled. There are just areas like fixing desync that have been in contention for the same internal resources. The reason why we were talking about improving compatability with third-party tools is that those changes can be deployed a lot earlier to help the situation in the meantime.

I don't want anything to do with 3 party programs sites whatsoever!

Furthermore it is not fair for new players, they have to find out that there is a "darknet" tradesystem out of the game and many are like, wtf why!

To really sell on 3 party sites, you need to setup alot of stuff on sites and programs and i dont really wanna give away my login info!

Effectively the sharks who uses this, do end up with a AH like system and make a lot currency, totally abusing the system, cuz GGG dont do anything!

All trade out of game should be baned, trade should be within the game!
"compatability with third-party tools" This need to be blocked fully!

Trading should be relatively easy done in the game!

Time is the excuse here from Chris?? really! how many years is this after launch and the game still don't have a working trade system ? Well i have seen several content releases, maybe just fix this huge basic functionality in the game before you make more content and micro trans!!

Time is not the problem, willingness to deal with the issue and prioritizing is the problem!

For far to long you have hoped that the community would fix this, but what happened is that there was made a AH system anyway for the benefit of the elite nerds to gain massive wealth on the expense of all the other players!

I don't care much for what kind of trade system you implement, as long as it is within the game, made by GGG and easy for all to use! so we can have easy and fair trading for all players!
Last edited by CoreOnCrack on Dec 3, 2015, 8:42:14 AM
Let me start by saying that I love you GGG :), so please read this with the intended tone (ie: It's not an attack). Everyone has their bugbears, and trading is one of mine.

In fact, IMO, trading is the biggest blight left on this game. That we even need an unaffiliated third party site to make it usable is just mind boggling (even if you do improve compatibility Chris). Especially given the mantra of Economy > all.

I've lost count of the times I've logged out in utter frustration after wasting plenty of time trying to buy a specific piece of gear. And that's WITH third-party tools (which many have already expressed they have no desire to use).

I think a lot of the frustration over the lack of decent trade stems from two sources...

A) It feels like for every one man hour spent on development of the system there's 100 hours of "we've been trying to decide". Maybe someone could suggest a good book on decisive management :P. I mean, just in the one announcement thread today we had...

"We have been considering how to do multiple pets for a few years now"
"We eventually decided"
"Eventually... it was made available for free"

B) To the average user, it "seems" (for right or wrong) that is should be relatively quick and simple to implement. A small amount of thought (yeah, that's all I'm capable of :P) leads to an implementation that would cover the basics AND monetize the system to a degree. It would be interesting to see how many man hours of dev time the average player thinks the following would take and contrast that with how many the devs think are involved.

===============================================
1) Right click on any PREMIUM tab and tick "Trade tab. Price X <select currency type>". Yep, one premium tab per currency value. If people don't want to support the company then they can carry on with the current system. Yay, I just sold you more tabs and probably limited the amount of trash items that get put up.

2) New AH interface in game. Hell, copy POE.Trade directly if they don't mind. It's simple and functional. That's all it needs to be.

3a) Make sure the "Online" option actually works as well as AFK status.
3b) New user account option "Hide Online status in trade" so people dont get all worried.

4) Button to contact the seller. If they are online - Show a message. If they are online but AFK - Show a message and send a pm. If they are offline, send a pm.

5) Allow pm's to be checked from within game. (and an icon on the bar to show #pm's).
===============================================

Anyway... I've babbled too long. I could have searched and failed to buy at least one decent item by now... :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info