In-Game Trade System: Cancelled?

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Does anyone remember when GGG said they were working on vendors players could put items and prices into themselves, which other players could visit in HOs, but they scrapped the project after mostly developing it because they didn't want "buyout house" mechanics to be available after third parties index said vendors?

Well I'm guessing that those were the promised trade improvements, and since scrapping it (a couple-ish months after Forsaken Masters release) they haven't come up with any project to replace it.

There y'all go. Dots connected.

Source(s) please.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Too lazy. Um, no u.

I mean, either I'm insane or the sauces are out there. Or both.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Too lazy. Um, no u.

Right, that's what I thought ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Carry on.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Too lazy. Um, no u.

I recall something to that effect.

GGG has always wanted an old fashioned barter style with trade. People just need to gather into guilds with like minded unselfish individuals who want to help each other.

The reason players are unable to have a better trade experience with GGG's preferred method is GREED.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Too lazy. Um, no u.

I recall something to that effect.

GGG has always wanted an old fashioned barter style with trade. People just need to gather into guilds with like minded unselfish individuals who want to help each other.

The reason players are unable to have a better trade experience with GGG's preferred method is GREED.

eh, the issue with GGG is that they are literally trying to change the capitalist mindset. It won't happen today or any time soon.
GGG is a time & teamwork game. Players who 'want it all' and expect to do so without putting in a lot of time within a structured team are going to have a hard time.

That's the way GGG wants it.

I for one hope they retain their vision of making the game THEY'D want to play.

GG GGG
what wrong with the trading party go to ho and trade not much from diablo 2 nand i dotne ven talk about diablo 3... but idk what wrong with it and i trade not a lot but eneugh to some time i dont want to trade only 1 chaos for 2fuse but is ok...
"
GGG is a time & teamwork game. Players who 'want it all' and expect to do so without putting in a lot of time within a structured team are going to have a hard time.

That's the way GGG wants it.

I for one hope they retain their vision of making the game THEY'D want to play.

GG GGG

Time I agree with, but a teamwork game? Far from it. If it were truly to be a teamwork game, then there would be absolutely ZERO solo options. Though if by teamwork you mean that one would have to interact with people just to buy gear then yes, I'd agree with the teamwork part of your statement as well.

Although, there comes a point when spamming trade chat/noticeboard/skimming through poe.xyz becomes so tedious, so frustrating that many people give up on getting this item or that item or even just trying to sell a damn item.

Even EverQuest, one of the first ( I believe the second? ) big MMO's started off having a trade system similar to what PoE uses now only even more archaic since there was no server wide Trade Chat. You had to physically run to one specific zone, sometimes taking over an hour of travel time, to start spamming in that zone's chat to buy/sell anything. It was absolute shit. Taking an hour to travel to a place of trade and then spending the gods know how long trying to sell/buy something was one of the worst parts of EverQuest. This was also a time when using web forums for trading wasn't a tool anyone really used. EverQuest then put in a better trade system (of course after an ownership change =\ ), and you wanna know something that happened? The world did not end. The economy of the game did not die, it began to flourish.

I would like to see an AH type of system in PoE, but I doubt that'll ever happen, but people also need to remember, after EverQuest (and runescape's crappy AH system) implemented their AH system (probably stolen from a korean game XD ) nearly every single MMO that came out afterwards also had such a system. And their in game economies? Decent. Sure there's ups and downs with such a system, with price fluctuations and inflation at times, but it's a system that works a hell of a lot better than what we have now.

Auction House systems are never flawless even if, like in Guild Wars 2, you have a team of economists watching it to make sure it doesn't flop like the stock market back in '29. But with an economy like there is on PoE, the AH system might fair rather well. Hell, it might fall completely flat.

But we'll never know unless GGG would make an attempt at ANY type of better trade system than what we have at this moment.
Path of Exile is STILL one of the most hardcore, time-greedy, soul-crushingly unfair games on the pc today. - CharanJaydemyr
"
lotting2782 wrote:
what wrong with the trading party go to ho and trade not much from diablo 2 nand i dotne ven talk about diablo 3... but idk what wrong with it and i trade not a lot but eneugh to some time i dont want to trade only 1 chaos for 2fuse but is ok...

Loot itemization is far removed from D2, which was designed as a single player game with multiplayer essentially tacked on. The chances of finding useful gear are diminished just due to the various types of defenses that can be used. Then add PoE's weighting against level appropriate affix tiers, without phasing out lower tier affixes on the table, as was done in D2. This itemization, unlike D2, is designed around an assumption of trade and global drops. GGG didn't include a trade system in the design. That's what I find wrong with it.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
While I'm not going to waste my time finding the actual GGG quotes about a hideout trade npc (because I already know what I heard), I believe you can find it by listening to the State of Exile podcasts where Chris was the guest. And I think as somebody mentioned it would be one shortly after Forsaken Masters was released.

As to the complaints that poe trade was down and trading ground to a halt, a solution would be for GGG to offer hosting for sites like that. Then if the trade site goes down due to server problems, it will coincide with the game being down as well.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info