Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

In-Game Trade System: Cancelled?

Well, offline trading would help a ton but even if you didn't have to be in the same instance to trade would be a start. It's horrible that the seller has to stop playing and leave the instance to trade.

Do you want to leave a map to sell a pair of gloves worth a chaos? I certainly don't. I don't want to spend an extended amount of time idling in my hideout to wait for buyers or some nonsense like that either.

Trading in it's current form is not worthy of an otherwise fantastic game like PoE.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
Col_Jessep wrote:
Well, offline trading would help a ton but even if you didn't have to be in the same instance to trade would be a start. It's horrible that the seller has to stop playing and leave the instance to trade.

Do you want to leave a map to sell a pair of gloves worth a chaos? I certainly don't. I don't want to spend an extended amount of time idling in my hideout to wait for buyers or some nonsense like that either.

Trading in it's current form is not worthy of an otherwise fantastic game like PoE.

That is actually what made me laugh many times when I traded and needed 1-2c items and I saw sellers leaving 76+ maps and wasting a portal for a measly chaos instead of telling me ''can you give me a sec to finish the map?''. That is the reason I never bother to sell anything below 10c, since my time is worth money and wasting a portal for 1c items is not in my book.
"
andreicde wrote:

except WOW also had offline trading which POE trade does not and most likely will never have (since Chris lives in DreamLand and thinks that would totally ruin the economy)

this is the big limitator factor in this game, the devs have a strong view of how they want the game to be, it is meant to be hard to get the stuff you want, you'll need to grind.

an action house "ruins" the economy in their view because it makes much easier to connect buyers and sellers, so you dont need to trow a lot of good items in the vendor because you dont want to bother trying to sell it, its just a pain.
There is the so called evil efficiency of a good market trade, everyone will be buying good items in the action house at a low price, much easier progression, not the time consuming task that is atm.

i have mixed feelings about this, i understand their point, but as a player it just feels frustrating, the game flow better if you play on single player mode most of the time.
Last edited by mkomt on Aug 30, 2015, 2:04:07 PM
Perhaps the new API's will allow for offline trading and you use 3rd party websites to take advantage of it?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
mkomt wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

except WOW also had offline trading which POE trade does not and most likely will never have (since Chris lives in DreamLand and thinks that would totally ruin the economy)

this is the big limitator factor in this game, the devs have a strong view of how they want the game to be, it is meant to be hard to get the stuff you want, you'll need to grind.

an action house "ruins" the economy in their view because it makes much easier to connect buyers and sellers, so you dont need to trow a lot of good items in the vendor because you dont want to bother trying to sell it, its just a pain.
There is the so called evil efficiency of a good market trade, everyone will be buying good items in the action house at a low price, much easier progression, not the time consuming task that is atm.

i have mixed feelings about this, i understand their point, but as a player it just feels frustrating, the game flow better if you play on single player mode most of the time.

WoW is also a bad example because the best items were bind on pickup and thus untradeable (for a good reason), while in PoE every item is tradeable.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
If 'cross-instance' trading is by their own definition 'ADVANCED' I wouldn't hope for much.
Soon guys, soon ok? Plz Chris

Spoiler
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Phoobrak wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:

There is a very BIG difference between "hey, this is what I want for my item" (poe.trade buyout) which is still very much up for negotiation and "hey this is what I want for my item, click buy now!" which fully removes that middle step.

poe.trade doesn't have an actual buyout in the context of an AH system, since you can't complete it without speaking face to face essentially with the other party. You have 20ex as your buyout on poe.trade? cool I'm offering 17. let the negotiation begin.

I hear you on that. I'm looking for an honest discussion based on the actual reality of trading, though. Not on what we, and GGG, wish trading was like. What is trading in Path of Exile actually like?

Out of my possibly 30 to 40 usual sales per day in PoE, maybe 5 or 6 will have any kind of negotiations. Out of those, at least half will be people just actually trying to rip me off with extreme lowballs that I either simply ignore or quickly turn down, with no further contact. On very rare occasions do I get polite, reasonable offers that make sense where I can then make a counter offer to try to satisfy both parties.

The true reality of trading in Path of Exile currently is receiving the pre-made, robotic-as-hell reply from people clicking the "Whisper" button on poe.trade and copy-pasting to save time. The true reality of trading is these people not even bothering to say "thanks" after I've invited them to a party and we've performed the three or four clicks required for the trade. The true reality of trading in its current state is people are ALREADY not engaging between each other, they are ALREADY pushing that "Click Buy Now" button, although it requires more than one click to work. I want this discussion to be based on reality, not on what we may both wish reality was.

I understand the wish for a system that "forces" player interaction. That system, however, is ALREADY obsolete, made so by tools created by players to circumvent the added complexity. This is reality, and from GGG's response, they are not trying to diminish the effectiveness of these tools, but work to make them even more streamlined. Buyouts are already here, buyouts are prevalent in PoE trading currently, and buyouts are not going to go away anytime soon.

Well said, completely agree.
BLAMT!
Personally on hiatus until this is addressed. Glad they did the lockstep determination, but I found the Awakening to be less mechanically interesting than pre-expansion. Mainly the EB, leech, and shotgunning changes. Since I find it less fun, and trading is still borked, I just can't bring myself to bother with the game.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
Does anyone remember when GGG said they were working on vendors players could put items and prices into themselves, which other players could visit in HOs, but they scrapped the project after mostly developing it because they didn't want "buyout house" mechanics to be available after third parties index said vendors?

Well I'm guessing that those were the promised trade improvements, and since scrapping it (a couple-ish months after Forsaken Masters release) they haven't come up with any project to replace it.

There y'all go. Dots connected.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 2, 2015, 2:30:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info