In-Game Trade System: Cancelled?

"
mark1030 wrote:
If GGG implements cross instance / asynchronous trading [...]

The dev answer makes it pretty clear that this will never be implemented.
"
Phate666 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
If GGG implements cross instance / asynchronous trading [...]

The dev answer makes it pretty clear that this will never be implemented.
He said it was hard. He didn't say they took the option off the table.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
vio wrote:

it was rather that ggg decided their implementation wouldn't be good for the game because of players specifying buyouts, which i agree upon.

A very interesting statement!

Since poe.trade lets users specify buyouts, and you believe that is a bad thing for the game, I take it you never use either the website itself or Acquisition, correct? Are you a strictly self-found player, then? If not, how do you get your trading done?
Get at me in game @Jyyn

Do you like feedback? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307/page/1
Last edited by Phoobrak on Aug 28, 2015, 5:43:02 PM
"
Phoobrak wrote:

on January 15, 2014 4:07 PM
"
Chris wrote:
The new trading changes aren't in the March 1.1.0 patch - there are two reasons:
a) We're keen to deploy them as soon as they're ready. There's no real need to wait for the next four-monthly patch.
b) The new trading stuff is not ready yet. It's a major system overhaul and we're still working on it. I'm really sorry about the delay.

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.

This was over a year and a half ago. I believe a little bit of an update on this is long overdue, what do you think?

Thanks for your time!

+1 billion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
vio wrote:

see chris on trading @23:20 min.

Wow, thanks for that, very enlightening (and disheartening).

This basically confirms it. The trade system that was hinted at will not be seeing the light of day.

Here's my main gripe with that: why in the hell did we not see a statement to that fact anywhere? Why did I have to watch a random part of an obscure youtube video, that I could never have found myself had I tried, to learn that this crucial part of the game would never be a reality?

This is an absolute faceplant communication-wise. I have been praising GGG's communication for years. Why has this info been kept under wraps like this?
Get at me in game @Jyyn

Do you like feedback? http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/355307/page/1
Last edited by Phoobrak on Aug 28, 2015, 6:16:02 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

I would be very wary of them adding in in-game trade system. All it takes is something small to fuck up or a little bug and suddenly you have people duping items 24/7 (D3), people getting their items stolen, extra payouts ect.

This exactly. Much as I would have loved to have a trade/auction system in game, we all know and the dev team knows it would be a broken mess. Chalk it up to shortcomings of a small indie team.
"
This exactly. Much as I would have loved to have a trade/auction system in game, we all know and the dev team knows it would be a broken mess. Chalk it up to shortcomings of a small indie team.

Cool. So, was this stated somewhere by GGG devs, or is this just assumptions on your part?

This thread has many examples of players guessing and assuming. This is the exact point of the thread: lack of communication on this issue is leading us to assume either incompetence, lack of funds, lack of monetary incentive or just plain old lazyness on GGG's part.

I'm asking for clarification, so we can stop the assumptions.
Get at me in game @Jyyn

Last edited by Phoobrak on Aug 28, 2015, 7:07:37 PM
"
Phoobrak wrote:
"
vio wrote:

it was rather that ggg decided their implementation wouldn't be good for the game because of players specifying buyouts, which i agree upon.

A very interesting statement!

Since poe.trade lets users specify buyouts, and you believe that is a bad thing for the game, I take it you never use either the website itself or Acquisition, correct? Are you a strictly self-found player, then? If not, how do you get your trading done?

There is a very BIG difference between "hey, this is what I want for my item" (poe.trade buyout) which is still very much up for negotiation and "hey this is what I want for my item, click buy now!" which fully removes that middle step.

poe.trade doesn't have an actual buyout in the context of an AH system, since you can't complete it without speaking face to face essentially with the other party. You have 20ex as your buyout on poe.trade? cool I'm offering 17. let the negotiation begin.

"
Phoobrak wrote:
"
vio wrote:

see chris on trading @23:20 min.

Wow, thanks for that, very enlightening (and disheartening).

This basically confirms it. The trade system that was hinted at will not be seeing the light of day.

Here's my main gripe with that: why in the hell did we not see a statement to that fact anywhere? Why did I have to watch a random part of an obscure youtube video, that I could never have found myself had I tried, to learn that this crucial part of the game would never be a reality?

This is an absolute faceplant communication-wise. I have been praising GGG's communication for years. Why has this info been kept under wraps like this?

They are still exactly on line with what you quoted.

public stash tabs? check
async trading? check
offline/phone? check

Nothings changed between your quote from Nov'14 and the podcast. None of it is locked in stone (i.e. offically getting released) but its still very much on the table. They also explained during podcast why things like this get put off and put off over time.

"
Cool. So, was this stated somewhere by GGG devs, or is this just assumptions on your part?

This thread has many examples of players guessing and assuming. This is the exact point of the thread: lack of communication on this issue is leading us to assume either incompetence, lack of funds, lack of monetary incentive or just plain old lazyness on GGG's part.

Again, if you watch the podcast you'll have your answer.
Last edited by Asmosis on Aug 28, 2015, 9:08:32 PM
I think its disgusting that GGG want the playerbase to use a 3rd party website todo trading in THEIR game :(
"
Phoobrak wrote:
"

I've become far too negative about this game. I've come to realize that PoE will never be the game I want it to be and it's time for me to just move on and let it go. My sincere apologies for any negativity I may have contributed to this thread and to the forums in general.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info