In-Game Trade System: Cancelled?

"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
I disagree, trade is already nice in PoE, just need small add like cross instance trading but nothing more.

What trade in poe?

There is only the "trade chat" can you honestly sell or buy anything in trade chat ?

Yes you can. Who's fault is it that you're on the forums complaining vs making trades?

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
balanced wrote:
I don't get your logic on people abusing the system? Everyone is allowed to jump on poe.trade and download programs to help enhance their trade. Have you ever played WoW? Most of the enhancements for that game are also player made and downloaded by a third party software.

I like you call mods, macroes in WOW "enhancements"! cuz that is right some players who used that system to it fullest was deffently "enhanced" over other players!!

Do you believe that was smart? allowing the game to be so nobrainer, that some players only had to use 2-3 key for dps, heal and defense? instant execute when ready and such?

the even worse extreme is RIFT, here you can with almost any SOUL make a char that can either tank, dps or heal in raids with 1 key! Awesome what mods and enhancements can do for the game, just need to outsourse that 1 key and i don't even have to play!

Good you bring up player made enhancements, cuz they often lead to abuse and unbalanced game!

I don't want it that easy, this game is highly appealing to ppl cuz of the complexity of the skill tree and the way you chose to use it !

I just want everyone to be able to trade, on the same terms! Easily and fair.
ATM the game don't have a working trade system!

And don't tell me POE have poe.trade or any of the other sites!
They have nothing to do with GGG and should not exist, just like the irl money shops for gear and gold sellers.

Just like WOW mods the "cheaters" who uses those sites are playing a game out of POE!

A pure currency game where they have a huge advantage over all the real players!

Some might just be buyers cuz selling is boring to hard or whatever!

But those who do sell and even buy and resell can gain massive wealth without ever really playing the real game if they wanted!

A "plague" like poe.trade makes the economy so unbalanced!
The higher the level they cheat (buyer/seller/buyer-reseller) the more wealth they make and the higher access they have to better gear and so on!

Those cheaters are also those who yell that the system is fine and tell GGG not to change it! Well thats because they have found a way to abuse the system and don't wanna lose it !

The price on items becomes impossible to match for the real players, the players who don't cheat!

As long as GGG openly allowed players to cheat and not making a real trade system by GGG in POE, the game is not really worth it for real players, there is only help from guildies and self-found left!

When you intended build must have a certain item, self-found can be a real problem!

"
balanced wrote:
Did you ever play Diablo 2? We have come a long way since then.

Yes i played Diablo 2, that is exactly the trade system we have today in POE!
Spam in trade chat or spam in trading instances, it is more or less impossible to trade in POE!

I have no idea why GGG have been running for so long without addressing this problem, new content, 2 pets and micro trans lots of dev time that could have been prioritized better!
After dsynz I think unfair trade is the biggest problem !

We need a GGG trade-system and block everything out on GGG!

I can tell it means a lot to you by the length of your reply.

I don't have too much time to spend but I will just throw it out there that we are on even playing fields as a reminder. You have many sources to learn how to trade effectively with what we have.

P.S - If there is a trade system that has 1 button execution that you know about, please let me know.
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:

Do you believe that was smart? allowing the game to be so nobrainer, that some players only had to use 2-3 key for dps, heal and defense? instant execute when ready and such?

the even worse extreme is RIFT, here you can with almost any SOUL make a char that can either tank, dps or heal in raids with 1 key! Awesome what mods and enhancements can do for the game, just need to outsourse that 1 key and i don't even have to play!

You lost me when you typed that nonsense. Anyone in a top raiding guild was not spamming a "1 button macro" and getting top dps numbers. It took a lot of practice on the test dummies to perfect your dps rotation and people who were sub par weren't usually picked. Perhaps you could get away with that in casual raiding guilds that you were accustomed to raiding with though. Also, Rift had some very complex mechanics, particularly in boss fights, where you had to know how to perform actions in timed increments. Why in the hell are you comparing an arpg (more akin to an arcade style action game) to an mmorpg? Your logic is unfathomable. And on top of all that nonsense, GGG doesn't allow trade macros. If you've read their rules, you would know that they can and will ban for using a macro that performs more than one action at a time. There isn't any "cheating" regarding trade chat spam, it's just a shit load of text that you have to sort through and it's almost always overpriced crap that people are pitching to suckers. Anyone with half of a brain uses poe.trade and whispers people directly, they don't sit and stare at trade chat and pay "sucker prices".
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:

You lost me when you typed that nonsense. Anyone in a top raiding guild was not spamming a "1 button macro" and getting top dps numbers. It took a lot of practice on the test dummies to perfect your dps rotation and people who were sub par weren't usually picked. Perhaps you could get away with that in casual raiding guilds that you were accustomed to raiding with though. Also, Rift had some very complex mechanics, particularly in boss fights, where you had to know how to perform actions in timed increments. Why in the hell are you comparing an arpg (more akin to an arcade style action game) to an mmorpg? Your logic is unfathomable. And on top of all that nonsense, GGG doesn't allow trade macros. If you've read their rules, you would know that they can and will ban for using a macro that performs more than one action at a time. There isn't any "cheating" regarding trade chat spam, it's just a shit load of text that you have to sort through and it's almost always overpriced crap that people are pitching to suckers. Anyone with half of a brain uses poe.trade and whispers people directly, they don't sit and stare at trade chat and pay "sucker prices".

To be fair and forgiving to GGG, I use the trade channel sometimes for quick sales which works wonders.
"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
I disagree, trade is already nice in PoE, just need small add like cross instance trading but nothing more.

What trade in poe?

There is only the "trade chat" can you honestly sell or buy anything in trade chat ?

Yes

Really??

When i open trade chat it is just a wall of spam where ppl auto post shit faster then i can read!

But if that somehow works for you I'm impressed, I cant look at it for more the 5 min before i start to go insane!
I want a Boker in game!
Last edited by Stichez77 on Feb 12, 2016, 7:56:25 AM
"
yungwhiz wrote:
As long as someone else is willing to do the work for free it will never come. If you want an in game trade system start a buyout and shut down poe.trade crowdfund.

I am sorry - I did not read threw all 14 pages but already this early reply is of quite significant importance I think.

If poe.trade ever is shut down it will cost PoE a lot of players I think. Well I would not play it anymore if this site didnt exist. This game is not enjoyable without that at least half way convienient way of trading. GGG should either hire the people who are running and maintaining this site or should implement the exact same thing in PoE itself which wouldnt harm the game in any way since it already exists.

In some way I almost wish poe.trade was shut down so GGG would realize that their success - and income - heavily depends on a third party right now.
When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
I lost hope on this.

A shop/trade system ISN´T hard to implement. Any experienced programmer could write one in less than a week. Worst case scenario, a month. And I'm talking about a SINGLE person coding it.

It´s just not a priority for GGG. It never will be.
Last edited by junaum on Feb 12, 2016, 11:15:40 AM
"
peachii wrote:
"
There will probably be other improvements in the future - advanced tech such as cross-instance trading would of course be awesome, but requires significant investment.

The tech, the time and the cost are more than likely limiting factors for an upgraded trading system. We will eventually see an upgraded trading system it's just going to take GGG time to be able to integrate it into the systems.

For all GGG gets as much as they can done, they are still a very small company and all systems rely on the funding of the customers. Do you think that an overhaul of this magnitude would be cheap? Do you think the overall player base is willing to wait a year or more for any other content to be able to code and pay for the trade changes?

They are doing what they can to make it a bit easier with what they have to work with right NOW instead of a year from now. I wish they would just buy out poe.trade and run it themselves to keep the downtime to a minimum, link to it from here on the forums.

I have been playing PoE since CB and clearly understand that GGG is a small company with limited human and financial resources so that it will take some time to produce (code, test, debug, etc.) assynchronous trade function for PoE. Using 3rd party trade sites in lieu of a GGG coded in-game item search function is perfectly ok by me. I don't see the need for GGG to have to re-invent that part of the trading mechanism. The part that has been, is, and always will be the pain in the neck of Trade Chat (ignoring bots that clog the chat channels with spam) is the single fact that we as buyers must make direct contact with the seller in-game to buy the item he/she has for sale. The requirement of hunting down a seller and get together to conduct the trade is very frustrating as we all know (where in the world is the damn seller...he's never on-line when I am... AARRGGHHH!!!).

The logical and most practical way to make buying/selling items work best is with asynchronous trade as I outlined here: Here's the Asynchronous Trading solution (no begging needed). A simple and effective way to make trading as painless as possible without ditching the 3rd party trade sites and without resorting to a global auction house that nobody (very few) wants.

The point you raise about GGG being small and financially limited (compared to a behemoth such as Blizzard) I find ironic as that is the whole reason I have abstained from any MTX for over a year now and is directly because Chris will go on record and state that a certain part of PoE is "not where we would like it to be" (in this case trading) and then we go for years without GGG providing a working fix or replacement. Since trading is a cornerstone of PoE and has been and is a major source of contention (many see Trade Chat as a nice idea conceptually but a failure physically) the lack of a timely fix to get us to better trading function is very frustrating (and a reason many have perma-quit).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
GGG hasn't implemented a better trade system because they don't want one.

It's as simple as that.

Current system is what they want, it's hardcore and manly and cut throat, anything better would be appeasing the sheep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info