Here's the Asynchronous Trading solution (no begging needed)

Wow, all this talk about AH. It should be plainly obvious that GGG and most of us don't want an auction house the likes of original D3 or what WOW has (never played it). So no one should ever ask for an AH or rant about how an AH would ruin PoE. It's never going to happen.

What is needed is a way to buy an item without the physical need to engage the seller in Trade Chat. The current requirement that necessitates having the seller be on-line and directly interact with the buyer to make the sale is the whole reason Trade Chat has failed. With a whole world of PoE players it is highly likely that when I find an item I want to buy that the seller is no where to be found. Even if the seller is on-line playing PoE I still have to get the seller to stop and come into chat so that the trade can be executed.

The solution is some form of asynchronous trade where we each have our own personal trade stash in our hideout (a second stash exclusively used for selling and also to hold purchased items). With this we can post our wares (items for sale) and retrieve our items bought (in a remove only tab) and move them to our regular stash. If GGG codes it correctly then this would be the easy way to buy better gear:

1. I use a 3rd party trade site to find the item.
2. I click on a special link include in the item info which adds a special symbol to my waypoint
    map (a waypoint to the sellers hideout). I go to my stash and get the currency needed, go
    to the waypoint map, and then click the sellers hideout symbol to go to the sellers hideout.
3. I open up the Trade Stash and can see all items that seller has for sale along with the
    prices. There will also be a button for each item so that I can private message the
    seller if I want to try and barter the price down. The seller's name will show at the
    top of the "For Sale" stash tabs and be green if on-line and red if off-line so I can
    immediately tell if the seller is available to trade chat with.
4. If I want to immediately buy I can press a "buy now" button for that item and the normal
    trade window will open up with that item in the top and I place my currency in the
    bottom and press the "buy" button to buy it (the button is grayed out until I have submitted
    the exact currency the seller wants for the item. Of course there is a cancel button to back out).
5. The item purchased goes into my own trade stash and I can use the waypoint to go to my
    own hideout, open my trade stash and find a new read only tab there with the item(s)
    I just bought. The seller will be notified upon next login (or be pm'ed immediately
    if on-line when a sale is made. The seller goes to his/her hideout, opens up the trade
    stash, and retrieves the currency from their remove only tab.
    Note: Since the trade stash is in my hideout I must play long enough to be able to have
    a hideout to go to. This will prevent new accounts being created solely for some kind of
    attempts at trade botting.

The sale is easy to do, is not a huge global AH, and is done in such a way to make it feel that Wraeclast is a dynamic environment full of exiles. A great bonus to this is that we get to visit other players hideouts often and can see if/how the place has been decorated (that alone should be a big incentive for buying hideout decorations).

Note: The number of steps required to buy an item is long enough to not be a flipper economy wrecking AH. If some one could program a bot to automate this process then GGG would have to use some form of captcha to nullify trade botting.

Now all we need is to get GGG to code it. This should be a top priority.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 7, 2016, 6:13:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
your life will be easier if you accept certain things

in this case, they will never ever create meaningful trading system because it goes against their policy

every expansion they will say 1-2 sentences about it, but that is as far as it will go

they created poe xyz and that is the best you will ever get

accept it
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

in this case, they will never ever create meaningful trading system because it goes against their policy

every expansion they will say 1-2 sentences about it, but that is as far as it will go

accept it

<whatever>
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Feb 7, 2016, 7:59:24 PM
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

accept it

GGG did not create poe xyz, and I think there's more merit to their plans for trade than you give them.

We'll see how good the API improvements are that are to be released alongside Ascendancy (I think?). These should allow a better representation of who is online or not on poe.trade, among other things. After that, I think we're going to get some substantial improvements. OP's idea is good, and I hope GGG at least considers some of the community suggestions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info