In-Game Trade System: Cancelled?

"
Innomen wrote:
"
balanced wrote:
i love the trading system the way it is. raw.

the diablo 3 trade system was too easy and boring with no communication with other players.

this way we get to communicate. poe.trade is perfect the way it is. if the player isnt online then too bad.

ggg keep it the way it is, dont turn into blizzard by turning the game into casualville.

Wow. Overtly arguing to keep a broken system broken because its very brokenness profits you.

Why am I reminded of politics in America? /smh

But since it seems pretty clear that there will never be an actual trade system in this game I guess I can just vendor everything when I start over since my items have no value in game unless I'm a pawn shop broker in my daily life.

Or, far more likely, I'll just never play again and add poe to the squandered-potential pile until some year when the new content update includes a trade system addition for those of us who aren't OCD.

Hell, at the very least they could make vendor sale prices some appreciable fraction of market value.

Wasn't arguing, just expressing my opinion.

Good luck and happy hunting!
All I would like to see is a poe.trade type ui implemented in game, every other aspect of the current trade system could remain the same.
"
tzaro wrote:
Just wondering can anyone tell me if there is any improvements to trade since beta?

I check in on this game periodically. I haven't played for 1-2 years now and stopped playing cause there was no real trade system.

I couldn't advance my build any further without gear with very specific stats, which is where a good trade system would come in and being able to search for stats, ect. Most of the gear was very overpriced at that time cause people would destroy or not even pick up anything except the best drops and with stats that everyone wanted.

No there is not, you have trade chat = useless

thats it!

not counting out of game sites, since they have nothing to do with the game and should be considered cheating and blocked.

So no! no improvements on trade since beta!

I do the same, login in every year play a little, cuz the game is awesome, but get so frustrated about trade that i rage quit for another year, hope GGG fixes this problem instead of 2 pets ?? and other needless crap!

"
Innomen wrote:
"
balanced wrote:

the diablo 3 trade system was too easy and boring with no communication with other players.

this way we get to communicate. poe.trade is perfect the way it is. if the player isnt online then too bad.

ggg keep it the way it is, dont turn into blizzard by turning the game into casualville.

Wow. Overtly arguing to keep a broken system broken because its very brokenness profits you.

But since it seems pretty clear that there will never be an actual trade system in this game I guess I can just vendor everything when I start over since my items have no value in game unless I'm a pawn shop broker in my daily life.

Or, far more likely, I'll just never play again and add poe to the squandered-potential pile until some year when the new content update includes a trade system addition for those of us who aren't OCD.

Hell, at the very least they could make vendor sale prices some appreciable fraction of market value.

Very true, those who uses the out of game sites benefit massively over other players who, stick with the game as it is or simply cant be bothered with the programs and shady sites!

they ofc say that the system is fine cuz they abuse it massively.
Just look at those vids on youtube where ppl have taps full of exalts!

The game should be for everyone, not just for those who abuses the system, cuz GGG don't care!

"
Kaicimo wrote:
All I would like to see is a poe.trade type ui implemented in game, every other aspect of the current trade system could remain the same.

You like it?? No matter what GGG does to the trade system. Chats have needed a overhaul for years, just auto logout ppl who triple post or so would be a nice beginning!

1 day bans for posting wtb or wts on party boards!
Last edited by CoreOnCrack on Dec 7, 2015, 1:58:50 AM
"
Phoobrak wrote:

The “answer”, quoted above from your Developer Q&A, is very much a non-answer. It is at best a politician-style dodging of the actual question asked by so many people in the designated Questions thread, a response that left a bitter taste in my mouth from its absolute emptiness.

We can see that "ACROBATICS" really works outside the game. Because inside the game... Worthless.
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
tzaro wrote:
Just wondering can anyone tell me if there is any improvements to trade since beta?

I check in on this game periodically. I haven't played for 1-2 years now and stopped playing cause there was no real trade system.

I couldn't advance my build any further without gear with very specific stats, which is where a good trade system would come in and being able to search for stats, ect. Most of the gear was very overpriced at that time cause people would destroy or not even pick up anything except the best drops and with stats that everyone wanted.

No there is not, you have trade chat = useless

thats it!

not counting out of game sites, since they have nothing to do with the game and should be considered cheating and blocked.

So no! no improvements on trade since beta!

I do the same, login in every year play a little, cuz the game is awesome, but get so frustrated about trade that i rage quit for another year, hope GGG fixes this problem instead of 2 pets ?? and other needless crap!

"
Innomen wrote:
"
balanced wrote:

Very true, those who uses the out of game sites benefit massively over other players who, stick with the game as it is or simply cant be bothered with the programs and shady sites!

they ofc say that the system is fine cuz they abuse it massively.
Just look at those vids on youtube where ppl have taps full of exalts!

The game should be for everyone, not just for those who abuses the system, cuz GGG don't care!

"
Kaicimo wrote:

You like it?? No matter what GGG does to the trade system. Chats have needed a overhaul for years, just auto logout ppl who triple post or so would be a nice beginning!

1 day bans for posting wtb or wts on party boards!

I don't get your logic on people abusing the system? Everyone is allowed to jump on poe.trade and download programs to help enhance their trade. Have you ever played WoW? Most of the enhancements for that game are also player made and downloaded by a third party software.

Did you ever play Diablo 2? We have come a long way since then.
Last edited by balanced on Dec 7, 2015, 3:47:58 PM
"
balanced wrote:
I don't get your logic on people abusing the system? Everyone is allowed to jump on poe.trade and download programs to help enhance their trade. Have you ever played WoW? Most of the enhancements for that game are also player made and downloaded by a third party software.

I like you call mods, macroes in WOW "enhancements"! cuz that is right some players who used that system to it fullest was deffently "enhanced" over other players!!

Do you believe that was smart? allowing the game to be so nobrainer, that some players only had to use 2-3 key for dps, heal and defense? instant execute when ready and such?

the even worse extreme is RIFT, here you can with almost any SOUL make a char that can either tank, dps or heal in raids with 1 key! Awesome what mods and enhancements can do for the game, just need to outsourse that 1 key and i don't even have to play!

Good you bring up player made enhancements, cuz they often lead to abuse and unbalanced game!

I don't want it that easy, this game is highly appealing to ppl cuz of the complexity of the skill tree and the way you chose to use it !

I just want everyone to be able to trade, on the same terms! Easily and fair.
ATM the game don't have a working trade system!

And don't tell me POE have poe.trade or any of the other sites!
They have nothing to do with GGG and should not exist, just like the irl money shops for gear and gold sellers.

Just like WOW mods the "cheaters" who uses those sites are playing a game out of POE!

A pure currency game where they have a huge advantage over all the real players!

Some might just be buyers cuz selling is boring to hard or whatever!

But those who do sell and even buy and resell can gain massive wealth without ever really playing the real game if they wanted!

A "plague" like poe.trade makes the economy so unbalanced!
The higher the level they cheat (buyer/seller/buyer-reseller) the more wealth they make and the higher access they have to better gear and so on!

Those cheaters are also those who yell that the system is fine and tell GGG not to change it! Well thats because they have found a way to abuse the system and don't wanna lose it !

The price on items becomes impossible to match for the real players, the players who don't cheat!

As long as GGG openly allowed players to cheat and not making a real trade system by GGG in POE, the game is not really worth it for real players, there is only help from guildies and self-found left!

When you intended build must have a certain item, self-found can be a real problem!

"
balanced wrote:
Did you ever play Diablo 2? We have come a long way since then.

Yes i played Diablo 2, that is exactly the trade system we have today in POE!
Spam in trade chat or spam in trading instances, it is more or less impossible to trade in POE!

I have no idea why GGG have been running for so long without addressing this problem, new content, 2 pets and micro trans lots of dev time that could have been prioritized better!
After dsynz I think unfair trade is the biggest problem !

We need a GGG trade-system and block everything out on GGG!
Last edited by CoreOnCrack on Dec 8, 2015, 6:00:51 AM
I disagree, trade is already nice in PoE, just need small add like cross instance trading but nothing more.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
I disagree, trade is already nice in PoE, just need small add like cross instance trading but nothing more.

What trade in poe?

There is only the "trade chat" can you honestly sell or buy anything in trade chat ?
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

What trade in poe?

There is only the "trade chat" can you honestly sell or buy anything in trade chat ?

Yes
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
CoreOnCrack wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

What trade in poe?

Trade chat is a cesspool and doesn't serve its true purpose, which is still the most important issue here waiting to be addressed. A healthier trade system is essential if this game wants to have a future at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info