[2.5] Dual Flame Totem Crit version. 263k dps (400k possible) . Uber and Normal Atziri

A veeeery noob question here
With Ancestral Bond my skills do not deal any damage. But I can use it, right? So, would it destroy any barrels, crates etc at maps? :)

Pretty nice build and videos, btw. But, doesn't it OP a bit... a bit?
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Sep 1, 2016, 12:14:01 PM
@ SilverWF

I am not sure what skill you mean however I use Whirling Blades & Lightning Warp to break barrels. With that analogy, you are correct you can use skills however without knowing the skill you use I cannot say for sure.

You will have to forgive me, I am not an expert on the slang yet, I am trying.

What do you mean by "OP"?

I am not Anti-Social, I am just selective on whom I wish to be social with.
"
Ahewaz wrote:
the skill you use I cannot say for sure.

What do you mean by "OP"?

I.e. Flameblast or Arc :)

Myabe it's not too popular term in POE, but usually in MMO it means "overpowered" :)
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Flame Blast / Arc should kill crates etc. I think most skills do. I would suggest using Whirling Blades for movement & it will definitely blow crates. It also increases movement & DPS on the inquisitor build.

Regarding OP - It actually is used quite a bit. I guess I am still getting used to the terms.

To answer your question, you are seeing my top character with 2 years worth of accumulated gear. Should you decide to play this build in the new league, on average you will find it generates about 140k base DPS with ok gear. The DPS level is a good amount to kill 98.6% of the maps / mobs / events in PoE. You will have to learn the mechanics for 3 maps to master them. I have done 1, I am still working on the other 2.

By Base DPS I mean no buffs / pets / potions, just sitting in town & hovering over your totem.

The 3 maps are,

1) Uber Atziri - same as basic Atziri but about 3 times harder. The mobs can one shot you so you need to be able to hide / move. I can complete this map once I have about 150k DPS.

2) Hall of the Grand Masters - For me, the most annoying map there is due to the fact the end tier masters can 1 shot you & your totems making it hard to complete. I have never completed it.

3) The Core - The only non unique I have never completed. I am still working on the mechanics of the event. I hope to complete it one day.

The build is not OP as you stated, it is really nicely designed to provide an end game experience without being boring & 1 shot everything. I know some people prefer that.

I hope you get a chance to try it out. GL in the next league whatever build you decide to play.

Last edited by Ahewaz on Sep 1, 2016, 11:47:47 PM
Wow, thanks for answer!
is this build going to be 2.4 viable?
thx
is this build Uber-viable after the nerf on consuming dark?
"
timmychantc wrote:
is this build Uber-viable after the nerf on consuming dark?

He is not using that daggers (I'm not sure, that totem's damage will be converted to chaos), so why do you asking?..
@ ElderCheng

Yes, there were no changes to the Flame Totem or any of its' support gems in the patch notes. You should be fine. My profile is open, you can follow (IGN ThisTownNeedsAn_Enema) profile. The gear & tree are perfect for the inquisitor build. I did not see any changes to the tree, they are just offering a full reset because they changed a lot of skills.

@ timmychantc

I am assuming you saw the video with the 100% chaos conversion for Uber. I do not use "The Consuming Dark" in leagues anymore. The nerf killed the build. It is still a nice beginner dagger if you can snag one. I will use it till 80 or so then I move on to a crafted one. If you play standard & can get your hands on 2 Legacy Consuming Dark's you can still do the 100% Chaos Conversion. If you check out my profile (IGN Pyroc) that is my 100% Chaos build. It works quite well & does on average 120k base DPS. You can kill Uber with both builds, I have just not posted a video as my computer slows down a lot when I am recording & that is 1 hard encounter.

All the above being said, if you see something that raises concerns for this build, post it & I will try my best to answer the question. Keep in mind Rusherboy is the expert on this build. I wish he would play again.

I just looked at my gear, The Talisman would not be available in the new league. So the gear below with gems is what you want to shoot for (Inquisitor Class),

BP - 5L will get you 80k to 100k DPS once your gems are 20/20. 6L will get you around 140k with ok gear.
Spoiler

Gems in order of power

Level 21 Flame Totem - This is a must as going from level 20 to 21 gives you 3k more DPS. I would suggest building 4 or 5 in your backup slots.

Level 4 Empower - 3 has become too weak now as the other gems are really powerful.

Level 21/20 Increased Critical Strikes
Level 21/20 Controlled Destruction
Level 21/20 Elemental Focus
Level 21/20 Faster Casting
Level 21/20 Faster Projectiles - I use this for cleaning maps really fast. The range is crazy however you lose DPS. 4 to 6k on average from Faster Casting.

Weapons - Doryani's Catalyst is crazy DPS for this build & cheap as hell. Once a league is about 2 to 3 weeks in, you can get one for 2 to 5 chaos. Try to get one earlier on. Last league I never even bothered to replace it. Gems are in the weapons, my movement gems.
Spoiler

Shields - While I do not use one there are some nice HP / ES / DPS shields.
Spoiler

Gloves - Maligaro's are most common. Once I am able to sustain my Dex I swap out for a Facebreaker. It is an increase of 1500 DPS from the Maligaro's. Since they are dirt cheap (1-2 chaos for a low Unarmed Damage one), I always link them & corrupt them. The 6% Cast speed gives me about 2k more DPS.

Spoiler

Belt - Again Doryani's Invitation (Fire) is the belt of choice. 5 Chaos at most if you want in the first week or so, down to 1 Chaos once the league is 2 to 3 weeks in

Spoiler

Jewelry - Diamond rings are the best but at the end of the day you want to make sure you have 75 to all resists before anything else.

Spoiler

Boots - Typically you want Resists / ES / HP / 30% speed. Your survivability depends on it

Spoiler

Head - ES / HP / Resists.

Spoiler

Inquisitor Tree

Other gem links

CWDT (level 1) - Increased Duration (Level 21/20) - Temporal Chains (Level 3) - (empty) I put my level 21 Lighting Golem in there.
Vaal Haste x 2 - Increased Duration - Empower level 3/4.
Clarity - Enlighten - Portal. I am lazy & hate carrying portal scrolls.

That about covers it for 2.4. GL

Edit -
MOST IMPORTANT **Download the new loot filter** Thank Neversink for his incredible hardwork

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208
Last edited by Ahewaz on Sep 2, 2016, 12:24:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info