Caustic Arrow

This will be interesting information for me as well.

Was thinking about Poison Arrow + Increased Duration Support...
Ingame: KAZZNA
Just tested it and yes, you can increase the duration.
Ingame: KAZZNA
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Grahf23 wrote:
I like the new visual effects but now linked with lmp it's really hard to see what happens. The clouds completely hide all monsters who walk in it, I don't know if it was wanted. (it can makes sense). Right now I'm only using it in some situations but i could not make a build with it as my primary attack with such low visibility. Thankfully curses make ennemies easier to detect.

I agree. I'd like it if the cloud was a little more transparent and not so opaque/dense that you cant see anything that is in the cloud.

This is actually causing a problem. I am running with poison arrow, LMP and Fork only (I was planning to add GMP to it) and when you spam the skill it will not only clutter the view, but it stutters the highest-end machines, and in solo play as well. I can run with 6 people parties, where everyone spams whatever they want and I'm fine, but poison arrow's effect even on minimum details will lag my PC when I start spamming it (solo!)... I don't even want to know what it might do to party play, I expect people will kick me....

I was actually trying to save myself by buying another effect for it, but sadly there are none ;( I assume there is some kind of overlap when you use the skill on high level (long persistence of particles) in the same spot multiple times, it seems it overlaps the effect (sadly not the damage) making it extremely GPU dependent.
Last edited by Bundz on Feb 3, 2013, 5:13:33 PM
You *are* spamming an utterly ridiculous amount of Poison Clouds there. You do know they don't stack, right?
This skill is great for leveling up. I'm using it in combination with silverbranch (grants +2 to the poison arrow gem) + LMP + increased duration, and even in Cruel Fell Shrine the poison clouds oneshot the white skeletons and zombies.
When someone is using poisson arrow i have constantly several seconds-lag. its unplayable. the latency-graph (f1) is then 90% of the time a straight line (no package transfering)
fps is totally fine during that time.
and i also do not get disconnected (i have UMTS so i used to get disconnected a lot, but it doesnt disconnects me, although i think the lags are close to 6seconds sometimes)

this (the constantly lagging) happened 2-3times without poisson-arrow nearby before (in town), but i thought it was because of the time (lots of ppl on the servers), and it wasnt repeatable (i waited 15mins, relogged, or changed gateway and suddenly it was ok again)

with poissonarrow it is repeatable

im pretty sure this didnt happen before 0.10
in 0.9.9 i played with poissonarrow myself

i have a NVIDIAGeforce 9800GT and and driver is 306.81 for windows XP 32bit.
i have always around 40-50fps with vsync even with shitton of gfx on the screen. only sometimes some frames are missing when someone is using a spell that wasnt used for some time.
This skill confuses me. Because you don't have to hit a target to get the cloud off, and because there are no passives that significantly increase its damage, any build can make good use of it for AoE, using the +2 to bow skills unique bow. Seems a bit wasteful to have a bow skill that archer builds cannot specialize in.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
Hi

I read through the posts, but something is still not clear to me.

Does the qual. effect of added chaos DMG (℅increased chaos DMG) aplly to the DOT or not?

cheers
IGN: SwaggerOfWreaclast
"
Hi

Does the qual. effect of added chaos DMG (℅increased chaos DMG) aplly to the DOT or not?

cheers

It does not. Those gems add damage to hits, not DoTs.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
"
artemis42 wrote:
"
Hi

cheers

It does not. Those gems add damage to hits, not DoTs.
the quality effect of added chaos is " %increased chaos damage" which would affect all chaos damage. yes the normal part of added chaos doesn't do anything for the DoT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info