Caustic Arrow

"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
artemis42 wrote:
"
Hi

I read through the posts, but something is still not clear to me.

Does the qual. effect of added chaos DMG (℅increased chaos DMG) aplly to the DOT or not?

cheers

It does not. Those gems add damage to hits, not DoTs.
the quality effect of added chaos is " %increased chaos damage" which would affect all chaos damage. yes the normal part of added chaos doesn't do anything for the DoT.

Ty, that's the answer I was looking for. I understand that added chaos does nothing. But I was not sure about the qual. effect.
So in my understanding this is the only way to boost the DOT DMG of PA beside the +to gemlvl stats.

Cheers
IGN: SwaggerOfWreaclast
you can use vurnibility curse to increase DoT damage, or shock status effects.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
artemis42 wrote:
"
Hi

I read through the posts, but something is still not clear to me.

Does the qual. effect of added chaos DMG (℅increased chaos DMG) aplly to the DOT or not?

cheers

It does not. Those gems add damage to hits, not DoTs.
the quality effect of added chaos is " %increased chaos damage" which would affect all chaos damage. yes the normal part of added chaos doesn't do anything for the DoT.

If that is indeed true, then I apologize for the misinformation. I was convinced quality could only affect gem stats.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
Love to get a Dev's Feedback on a Build Idea I have focused on buffing Poison Arrow.

The idea is to get all the passives to increase AoE Radius/Dmg/Duration via passives and gems.

I would be looking at having Poison Arrow Linked with Increased AoE Effect-Increased Duration so far. The numbers look as such I'm sure my math is probably wrong so I'd love to be corrected.

Lvl 18 - 4.2sec Duration
Base 484.1 Dmg

Inc Duration - 82% Gem
30% Passives

Area Radius - 32% Gem
52% Passives

Area Dmg - 20% Dmg

Modified Dmg - 581 ?

Modified Dur. - 9.9sec ?

Dmg Total - 5,752 over 9.9sec ?

My guess is for duration would be 82% of 4.2 then 30% of the result? or just 1.12 of the 4.2? This build idea is frustrating me to no end lol.
All 'Increased' modifiers stack additively, You would have +112% Duration and +84% Radius.
Far as I know, the field does not benefit from Area Damage (Support gem penalties also do not apply, for example), but I might be incorrect on that.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
All 'Increased' modifiers stack additively, You would have +112% Duration and +84% Radius.
Far as I know, the field does not benefit from Area Damage (Support gem penalties also do not apply, for example), but I might be incorrect on that.

That helps a bit. So the 20% area damage is pointless but radius passives should work.
The skill visuals need to be looked at.

You already know about the lag the skill causes.

Well today I was in The Caves (Act II) and realized that not only it lags, but when a lot of clouds are stacked you cant see anything. I was meleeing bears and apes and couldn't actually see them. o_O (and of course the Poison Arrow user meanwhile was totally safe lagging me out and being out of range of the enemies I can't see properly).
Last edited by DeF46 on Feb 19, 2013, 9:31:05 AM
I think that Poison Arrow should pierce:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/173944
I believe the current state of poison arrow isn't designed correctly in regards to races and late game playability. This is coming from someone who has used poison arrow in races, leveling to level 60(with silverbranch and without) and at extreme late game with my 81 lvl marauder(poison arrow at lvl 20+1).

The biggest issue is ofcourse the poison cloud and it's balancing. At the moment people who start with poison arrow in short term races have a significant advantage that is coming from the fact that you can use a single tactic of "hit and run" where you shoot one poison arrow and are able to maneuver your way through the field without taking any damage and causing monsters to take quite significant aoe damage. I believe the damage itself is not the biggest issue, in fact I believe the poison cloud damage is not high enough but the fact that you do not need to spam the spell to be effective with it is the main reason why it's overpowered at lower levels.

So after giving this extensive thought I came up with a suggestion of increasing the scaling of the damage of the poison cloud by 15% at level 1 to 5% at level 20(23). And the second change would be to lower the duration scaling of the skill significantly from 40% at level 1 to 15% at level 20(23).

These changes would ensure that at lower levels you would have to spam the skill more to do damage which would inrease the risk of actually taking damage yourself while at higher levels you would be able to utilize the skill a little better because of a little increase in damage. And believe me on this, I have done a lot of playing with poison arrow and it IS actually viable
Last edited by ighnaz on Feb 22, 2013, 7:04:02 PM
the idea oh having PA on shorter duration would mean that you can actually feel the increase when you level it and I believe that would add to the overall appeal of the skill

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info