Lightning Warp

So, any suggestions on LW Totem builds that used to be so much fun in beta?
With the reduced duration, they don't really last that long anymore, now do they.
I guess "Totem Life and Duration" would still increase the Totems duration, but not the Lightning Warp's?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
LW with 3Dragons + freeze nodes + herald of ice is amazing. Warp in a watch the pack explode and shatter to little pieces. All you really need is a decent aoe increase. Really fps taxing though as any big freeze (especially with prolif).
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
Last edited by Allnamestaken on Sep 16, 2014, 6:15:50 AM
There is no weapon requirement on this travel skill yet there is for the others. This got me thinking... Why are there weapon requirements on any of the travel skills? I understand that having a skill named whirling blades on a mace wielding character could seem a bit questionable but it just seems to me that for skills that are predominantly used to get from point A to point B having restrictions on them that reduces player choice and build diversity in this instance is more counterproductive than it is justifiable. A simple change of the skill name "Whirling Blades" and a removal of weapon restrictions on travel skills only makes sense considering there are already strength, dexterity or intelligence requirements on these skills. I surely wouldn't mind seeing the addition of more travel skill choices either but I understand it would take a hell of a lot more work. This change wouldn't take much, and it would be the farthest possible thing from game breaking. The only real issue I see would be with the sound effect and name of the Whirling Blades skill. Unnecessary restrictions on niche skills in RPG's has never made much sense to me. I mean, why? Just....why? This is an RPG. My character can't be forced to jump all over the place just because he decided to wield a blunt weapon, not with his knees in the condition that they are.
Got excited at finally making a Long Duration Firestormer... then very very sad when I realized it'd make my Warps weaker. Ditto applies to skull minions.

I don't know. It would be swell if there was an exemption to Increased Duration nodes. There's similar issues with Sunblast and traps, if you ever wanted Duration on say a poison cloud or something.
What the sound effect ever toned down on this ability. I'm just coming back to the game and I had tried really hard to make a viable build using lightning warp, but people would get angry with me spamming lightning warp.

One guy told me that I was giving him a headache and kicked from a group once.

I sort of did agree that the sound was rather obnoxious, but I'm a sucker for movement abilities.
Also lighting warp often does not teleports you, just does DMG on point A and point B without the moving effect this occurs randomly without any reason, may happen in combat and make u die or may happen while just moving, it's not desych based as i tested it many times with /oos also it does not depends on cast speed ot reduced duration offects. Perhaps something with general code does not quite work with game machanics, perhaps its only client based, perhaps i got no idea why this happens that often to me.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
The 2.0 nerf is exagerated in my opinion. Lightning warp should be renamed Turtle warp or something :p. Leap slam and Whirling blades are so much faster, so it's unfair now in PvP. These 3 skills should have the same "go from point A to point B" speed.
The nerf was way too much. Even supported by less Duration , faster casting and Enhance, the skill is so slow it's hilarious. Seriously if you don't want people to spam it just add a cd like blink arrow (who is faster at lvl! than a 20q20 3L) and give it back his old speed.
Bugged spell at the moment, sometimes jerky and doesn't play the spell animation one out of two
"
Karz wrote:
Bugged spell at the moment, sometimes jerky and doesn't play the spell animation one out of two

I just noticed the same issue.
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info