Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

https://youtu.be/B1l7OrlU6xE?t=6m48s
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Farming for Divination cards needs to change. Having them just drop as you progress through the game makes them almost useless. By the time you have enough cards to get whatever item the card offers youve most likely saved up enough currency to buy the item without the card.

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Five days of farming fellshrine for the 6L armore cards makes me think either RNGesus hates me or the cards are more rare than fun oh well back to farming
"
Arisilde wrote:
"
leto2626 wrote:
I'm disappointed in the creativity of the Highgate supporters in general. I mean seems some people can't come up with something more original/fun than currency? Ok the 5 random currency is ok, but 1 chaos/3 chaos/5 chaos/10 chaos/1 gcp/20 fusing/5 regal/1 exalt/3 exalt/10 vaal orb/10 regret, really?? You pay 1100 dollars to design a card to farm for some orbs ? The Carrion crow sounds useful for leveling but in reality it's pure crap, too much luck involved to actually get something worth using.

This is basically what I was going to respond. It's funny, the new card coming out is yet another currency card. Come one guys... you dish out that kind of money and THAT is your dream card? /smh

I had a nice post typed up on this before but decided that it was involved enough that it warranted it's own thread. See here for why saying that the Highgate Supporters are not necessarily to blame for the lackluster cards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1372830

The long and short of it is that GGG is severly limiting what we can and can't do. So unless you already have a unique in the game, you are pretty much limited to either currency or a unique that either
A) no one wants/needs or
B) is so highend that the cards are rarer than the item itself is anyway

The fault here lies heavily on GGG, not the supporters.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
"
leto2626 wrote:
I'm disappointed in the creativity of the Highgate supporters in general. I mean seems some people can't come up with something more original/fun than currency? Ok the 5 random currency is ok, but 1 chaos/3 chaos/5 chaos/10 chaos/1 gcp/20 fusing/5 regal/1 exalt/3 exalt/10 vaal orb/10 regret, really?? You pay 1100 dollars to design a card to farm for some orbs ? The Carrion crow sounds useful for leveling but in reality it's pure crap, too much luck involved to actually get something worth using.

You pay $1100 to design a card in a video game? Lmao...
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
I wouldn't expect something creative to come out of people who actually pay $1100 to do that anyways. "Trade 5 cards for 1 chaos orb" or "trade 5 cards for a level 1 armour with +10 HP on it" sounds about the level that they can come up with.
Last edited by melodia1 on Aug 2, 2015, 3:03:14 PM
I don't understand why would GGG allow 4 different card sets for chaos orbs. Blandness of such design aside, having so many cards for one item also means that the item droprate or card droprate has to be nerfed to compensate (prob. the latter). These chaos cards are completely pointless, imo.

There's many other things to design, that are not currency or (super-uber-rare) uniques:

* various 5-linked gear, would help with fresh league progression
* 6S gear
* off-color gear
* gear with specific (maybe not otherwise available) affixes, for crafting
* stuff to do with maps
* leveled / quality gems
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Aug 2, 2015, 3:12:31 PM
"
morbo wrote:
I don't understand why would GGG allow 4 different card sets for chaos orbs. Blandness of such design aside, having so many cards for one item also means that the item droprate or card droprate has to be nerfed to compensate (prob. the latter). These chaos cards are completely pointless, imo.

There's many other things to design, that are not currency or (super-uber-rare) uniques:

* various 5-linked gear, would help with fresh league progression
* 6S gear
* off-color gear
* gear with specific (maybe not otherwise available) affixes, for crafting
* stuff to do with maps
* leveled / quality gems

It is entirely possible that GGG simply did not tell them of the other cards. If I submitted a card to get 5x Chaos orbs, but another had already been accepted, then I would assume they would tell me. However if I submitted a card for 4x Chaos orbs, and none others had been accepted for that, then I seriously doubt they would bother saying that there were already sets for 1x, 3x, 5x, and 10x orbs. (or whatever the cards are for)

But this is exactly the point I make in my other thread (which got moved to Suggestions and Feedback https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1372830) I honestly think that this is GGG taking the easy way out. It is far easier to let through a bunch of very similar, very bland cards than to work with people to create something that is fun, useful, and exciting.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Last edited by GingerBeast on Aug 2, 2015, 3:43:25 PM
"
melodia1 wrote:

You pay $1100 to design a card in a video game?

No.

You pay $1100 for a supporter pack, which among many things includes 11,000 points. That's really what you're paying for, all the other stuff included in the package is more or less a nice bonus.

On topic: I enjoy the system a great deal and I think the game is richer because of it, although I agree that some drop rates need to be looked at.
I turned in 15 Gambler cards, 3 sets, and got 3 Gambler cards from them.

I only need to find another 2 and I can hand in a 4th set.

I'm really loving these divination cards.
Casually casual.

At the end of the day all I can say is at least they drop in maps. Never forget sacrifice of the vaal.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info