Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

I think they're fun.

Not too useful though, considering how low of a drop rate they seem to have. I ran 15 Vaal Pyramid maps with ~70% IIQ and got only 2 "inventor" cards. And, additionaly farming one zone all the time isn't something I really enjoy.

I like the gambler card, it seems to have a pretty neat drop rate (one every 2-3 maps for me) and you don't have to farm a specific zone to get it.
I'm not a native English speaker. Should you spot a mistake in my post, feel free to point it out. Thanks!
Standard IGN: Aerandair
Divination Card results: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1591823
Anything that sounds much have is also going to never drop.

It also sucks in that most areas suffer from drop penalties that have them. Really bad implementation on their part.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
"
leto2626 wrote:
I'm disappointed in the creativity of the Highgate supporters in general. I mean seems some people can't come up with something more original/fun than currency? Ok the 5 random currency is ok, but 1 chaos/3 chaos/5 chaos/10 chaos/1 gcp/20 fusing/5 regal/1 exalt/3 exalt/10 vaal orb/10 regret, really?? You pay 1100 dollars to design a card to farm for some orbs ? The Carrion crow sounds useful for leveling but in reality it's pure crap, too much luck involved to actually get something worth using.

More or less the way I feel. Cards as a concept are pretty cool and the ones that are actually interesting are fun to collect. But there's so many redundant/boring currency cards, I wish GGG were a little more pushy about keeping that from happening.

I can't imagine GGG wouldn't have told the FOUR different chaos orb card "designers" that there were 3 other people doing the same thing.... But they choose to go ahead with it anyway. So lame.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Not funny,not useful. just 1000$ bait for people
Squirrel is love, Squirrel is life.
In their current implementation, they are terrible. The only benefit they provide is being a source for league specific items. everything else is absolutely worthless. currency cards, are by very definition, obsolete, same for divination cards that provide specific and otherwise obtainable uniques. too rare to be farmed specifically.

they are a testimony to the stupidity of the majority of highgate supporters, and inconsequence and shortsightedness of ggg.
"
Not funny,not useful. just 1000$ bait for people

$1100 to farm even a single chaos LOL
That creator sure is one of a kind of a maker.

Love,
Bunny
"
Useful since I let people farm for me while I buy their cards. Now in terms of actual farming the cards that shit is fucking awful.

,Love
Bunny

I hate you! ;)
I assume you are talking about standard where you are swimming in riches? Always dreamed of that item and decided to go for it with 2 sets introduced to get one...

Pretty much nolifing warbands, got 4/11 cards so far for 20ex, added 2 guys for the next 2 (once I farmed 10ex again..).
Almost no one got these cards or just isn't selling them, and farming Shrine 81? Good luck on that. :P

I am still pushing, but honestly starting to question my mission at this point. :(

P.S.: c:ex being at 54:1 really helps, too. :P
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Aug 1, 2015, 9:04:07 PM

So far I have found bits and pieces of sets. As someone mentioned above, they're basically a waste of stash space. Those that I can farm currently, drop few and far in between, or I need high level maps. I'm leveling a new character just so I can farm Crematorium. Seeing as the zone is under level 68, I'll have to kill myself so I don't over-level. All of that just to farm there efficiently. Even then I'll probably get a chest base other than what I need lol.
They are giving people recognition (even if negative recognition) for support. In that they win.

They haven't ruined the game. In that they win.

They didn't live up to the design goal of providing a directed method to farm items. In that they lose.

I think they are better than the failed Grand Masters idea.
They are not really interesting, IMO. Too low drop rates, and the great majority of them are simply boring (1 chaos...? Really?). They could have been interesting if they gave access to more specific items (a Prismatic Ring? C'mon. Give me a rare Prismatic Ring with +40 resistance against fire damage), to bundles of items (Raise Zombie and Minion Life and Minion and Totem Elemental Resistances, for example), or something else interesting.

I think the only interesting one is the one about a league-specific item. The ones about uniques are useful (because they are specific and their rewards aren't random), but low drop rates make them an afterthought.

Still better than the Grand Masters thing (hate that map). But still far worse than just allowing people to make new uniques.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info