Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

"
Derpey wrote:

That argument would work, if the bloody things dropped. They however DO NOT.
thats nonsense.

they do drop, their rate of drop proportional to the rate of the item in question dropping divided by the number of cards.

what you meant probably was 'if the bloody things dropped way more than the items they give do'. which is silly tbh
I think they're great in HC. It's a thin comfort as I get a new chance to farm some of them with new char after I died (again).
Div. Cards are not fun or useful, the ones you can get are trash, the good ones are impossible to gather, so div. Cards are just one more useless item in the game, like any rare picked up in a map.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
They are giving people recognition (even if negative recognition) for support. In that they win.

They haven't ruined the game. In that they win.

They didn't live up to the design goal of providing a directed method to farm items. In that they lose.

I think they are better than the failed Grand Masters idea.

Pretty much this. They tried to add some low-level Drop Table to reduce the pure RNG style of PoE but it don't work as intended (for me).

I really like the endgame in PoE through maps, as (more casual) HC only player (and mostly in temp leagues) i never managed to go above T12 maps, never seen Atziri and stuff. Thats fine, in this games are always goals for me i never reached so far.

Same feeling i had in the begin of Diablo3, Inferno was brutal, play through the whole game was an long term aim for a HC player.

What I miss is making Chars for different purposes like in Diablo2. That game had no "real" endgame, but you had a bunch of possibilities to create it the way you want.
And it forces to create different chars, not only in consideration of pure DPS.

Farm Andy and Mephisto for standard uniques and rings? Mono Sorc is your way.
Doing Utrist stuff for torches? Time to schedule your smiter/kick assa/frenzy barb/melee Druid build
Hunting for Runes? Frenzy barb in Travi is the way
Getting keys for Utrist? Dual Sorc is best here.
Eldritch/Shenk/Pindle? Great with Trap Assa.
Doing Nilathak? Best with Barb/Fire Sorc
Doing Area85's for best possible drops? Do it with the build you want in a area which isn't immune to your main damage ^^
Doing Baal for XP/best drops? Create your high end build

That is what i miss a bit in PoE and i hoped, Div Cards would fill in that blank a bit, but they don't. Too many different kinds, too many with low utilization, good ones dont really drop.

"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

DCards are great.

I enjoyed farmin Colonnade map back in Warbands to get a 20q gem. A set of 3 is a good balance.
More than 5 is a waste of effort.

Lootrates are too low for what they give.

A set of 8 cards giving a chaos orb.
I'm not so good at math but aren't they suppose to be 8 times less rare than ... what they give ?

Makes sense, right?
But not to ruin your (inexistent) trading system, you made them too rare.
So the DCard hunting is also inexistent, with a few exceptions.

Sadly
I still think they could be so much better, atm I'm not really caring. Some are interesting finally (thanks the huge pack buyers got a bit smarter).

But yeah I still they they is so much hidden potential (see my thread in my sig).
Good idea but useless IMO and experience.

Some need a re-balance i think or adding to the loot pool of other areas. Just an example from my point of view:

Rain of chaos - 8 cards - 1chaos: 2 drop areas
Three faces in the dark - 7 cards- 3 chaos: 4 drop areas

Generally if you are a low and mid tier player its easier to farm maps and trade up currency to get what you need.

Last edited by Mageofsin on Jan 5, 2016, 9:21:41 AM
While this thread have some point, I don't think, they would want to add areas with the level of tier 7 maps.

It would be good enough just to get the merciless areas without loot penalty, so I would feel confortable farming for the corrupted kaom's heart cards with a level 90 char.
Or to get a feature where your level and stats would be adjusted to the area level, just like we have something like this in a few MMO, like rift.

Edit: sorry this was meant to be posted to an other divcard thread.
Last edited by krenderke on Jan 5, 2016, 12:42:23 PM
Whey they first anounced the cards, i got really exited.
My first thought was that "FINALY I WILL BE ABLE TO GRIND/CRAFT MYSELF XX ITEM!!!"

- But after the league ended, i was left in dissapointment.
They are faar tooo raaaaare to even be worth farming, one would be better off farming alterations and buy said item, rather then say; go for the Mjölner cards. (And Mjölners are concidered a CHEAP unique now).

I find that they add little to nothing for me. (Only real item people really craft atm would be the volls amulet, due to it´s "zana" status. But items such as HeadHunter is just.... yeah.. Not worth hunting for.
zzZzzzZzzZz
"
Tzaina wrote:
Whey they first anounced the cards, i got really exited.
My first thought was that "FINALY I WILL BE ABLE TO GRIND/CRAFT MYSELF XX ITEM!!!"

- But after the league ended, i was left in dissapointment.
They are faar tooo raaaaare to even be worth farming, one would be better off farming alterations and buy said item, rather then say; go for the Mjölner cards. (And Mjölners are concidered a CHEAP unique now).

I find that they add little to nothing for me. (Only real item people really craft atm would be the volls amulet, due to it´s "zana" status. But items such as HeadHunter is just.... yeah.. Not worth hunting for.

old thread or not, This pretty much sums it up for me. I feel all drop rates are low. I notice they are a bit better when in full groups, but I don't want to have to play in a full party where I can't tell what the hell is going on half the time, in order to have a decent chance of drops.

--I keep playing though, POE seems to keep getting better over time, so I suppose that is what keeps me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info