Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

"
StaticSys wrote:
I would love for once if the 5x currency card would quit giving me armor scrapes, orb of augmentation, transmutation orbs... or the worst... wisdom scrolls. Talking about being trolled.

The alternative is worse. If they gave you exalts every time you would never see the cards drop. At least now you get a slot pull out of it.
Personally I have really enjoyed the divination cards. Even if I don't complete them, I like hearing the stories of how people decided to commit to placing something in a game that they were passionate about.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lantador's_Lost_Love

This is a great example and a truly moving story. I appreciate the addition to the game they bring.
"
Hey Everyone,
According to me , Divination cards may be useful or also for fun.The cards are a new type of item that drop in many areas of the game. Divination Cards allow players to systematically work their way to the acquisition of desirable items, without having to rely on random chance alone.
Thanks

That argument would work, if the bloody things dropped. They however DO NOT.

They're just another trade-thing, nothing else.
At least they're a good way to purchase a high-tier item, piece by piece, instead of going 24ex in one purchase.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
I love the idea of them, to get players out in to different zones to farm specific cards
_Slinger of <ZAP!>
I farmed div cards to get a tabula. A friend gifted me the cards he found and I spend an unhealthy amount of time in Aqueduct and ran every channel map I had.

Not worth the effort and the boredom. I should have just farmed Dried Lake and bought a tabula.

Same thing is true for Whispering Ice and Western Forest. Didn't get a single card.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Drops will never be able to beat trading... unless they're willing to make drops bound, which they're not.
Idea is good, the reality is that they are useless to farm, it's another chance of drop on high level maps where some of best cards can be found, but overall I've found usefull only farming graveyard for "The Lover" that is common and used for Chaos recipe. For cards harder to find spending the same amount of time in farming casual maps and trading it's way more profitable, and less boring.
Thanks to Charan, for the first time ever, I spent time farming. While waiting for the three "Birth of the Three" cards to drop, I learned farming is boring...
...but good drops happen. Got a Consuming Darkness (which improved my build); a Marohi (which I have been looking for since OB), a Springleaf, several uniques I already have in other leagues and 4 or 5 unique jewels.

Still, I don't think I will be farming again. Hitting the same guy over and over is really just plain mean.
"
FarmerTed wrote:
Thanks to Charan, for the first time ever, I spent time farming. While waiting for the three "Birth of the Three" cards to drop, I learned farming is boring...
...but good drops happen. Got a Consuming Darkness (which improved my build); a Marohi (which I have been looking for since OB), a Springleaf, several uniques I already have in other leagues and 4 or 5 unique jewels.

Still, I don't think I will be farming again. Hitting the same guy over and over is really just plain mean.

And BotT is one of the easier cards to farm. I probably spent less than an hour and a half, and got the first two cards within a half hour probably.
"
SybilCut wrote:
"
FarmerTed wrote:

And BotT is one of the easier cards to farm. I probably spent less than an hour and a half, and got the first two cards within a half hour probably.

Yeah, took me somewhat longer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info