Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

^divination cards are nothing but an "added loot drop chance".

It can shift your leveling process, so you stay a bit longer in a location that offers a beneficial card for your ultimate character goal. It will still require you to buy and finish the set in most occasions though, simply put it can reduce the total currency required to get the piece your after.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Though for a hardcore self-found player, like TheAnuhart i imagine he will eventually complete some sets.

Won't be fast though, or at the pace most people would like it :).

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I love divination cards, I think they are a really cool idea and concept. I like the idea of finding something as I am playing the game that I can turn into something better or trade. But I don't farm divination cards and have never bothered to do so, I just simply play the game and whatever cards I find, that's it. That is fun for me. I typically do the tedious alteration farming if I want to farm, it has always been the most reliable and preferred method for me personally.

It seems to me that many players who dislike the cards do so because they are card farmers and they do not like the drop rates, more so than their dislike of the concept of the cards and what they provide to the game in general. I think at least a portion of players say they do not like the cards at all, when they actually mean they do not like the drop rates of the cards. In fact many of the players who do not like the card drop rates are benefiting from the addition of the cards whether through trading or getting an item they wanted.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Good idea but not good enough to find. yeah you can find easly crappy cards but goods or best not !
People who expect to collect the whole set of cards themselves are missing the point... Trying to do that is foolish unless you are dedicated to self-found (which the game mechanics allow, but are not designed around).

What the cards do is overall good -

1. Reducing the price of Tier 1 uniques. If the lowest price Bringer of Rain is 50c, but I can buy Gladiator cards from people for 5c each, bam got my BoR for 25c (or Devoto's, oh no poor me, I sell it and use that currency for my BoR).

2. Encouraging use of rare build-enabling uniques. Maybe I find 2x Gladiator cards when farming Arena maps and think "huh, it'd be pretty easy to trade for another 3..." Now I've got a build-enabling unique I'd never have thought of using before.

3. Encouraging interaction and trade between players, which aside from forum QQ, is about 90% a positive experience. (I can count on my fingers the number of times I've tried to trade with jerks, and I trade 100+ items each league).

Don't like collecting Div cards? Sell em. Not like they take up a lot of stash space in your trade tabs...
"
TigerSpook wrote:
I am wondering about the experiences the players having with Divination cards. I've only turned in a set or two, and nothing of consequence.

I like the idea. They sure seem rare, though not as rare as Chaos orbs. But then again, we generally need so many Divination cards...

So far, I like them. I think they add.

I'd be curious to read other opinions or hear anecdotes of successes or failures with them.
im tired of getting useless divination cards like carion crow but i cant just remove or exchange them... some might prove usefull but yet i find the resorces im finding more helpfull
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG
"
im tired of getting useless divination cards like carion crow

what about treating these like the 1000th of whetstone or portal scroll: just ignore them? There cant be only 'tier 1' cards...

my opinion: I like the idea, but each card (maybe beside 'specials' like the one for the 'Goddess' sword) should have (at least) one spot without a drop penalty - a card that only occurs in cruel (and to some degree also in merciless) can not reliable be farmed just by the fact that you rapidly outlevel your drop chances: thats the most worse 'feature'.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Mostly worthless except for gambler which has netted me the fiend and the doctor.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:
The Lover Card seems to have a good drop rate in the Necropolis.

So that one you can farm for accessories.

Or... you could use an alch on a base with maxed implicit.

(Necropolis and even Graveyard map are good example of "value" maps thanks to div cards.)

Yes but
1) Costs an alch
2) You need to find white with decent implicit roll
3) Necropolis is a decent map to farm

Div cards are a good "added value" you can use to try and make profit on. It's not a finality, it's a small portion of the game that you can try to abuse and get a bit more.
Last edited by galuf on Dec 7, 2015, 7:13:15 AM
To be honest they are more or less an utter irrelevance to me. Occasionally useful as a source of amulets for the Chaos recipe (maybe 1 or 2 a month) but other than that.. meh!
at the beginning, get around Cruel mode,i wanted to farm some part of the game where i had fun and get experience at the same time (i don't have a lot of currency i needed stock) i farmed Crossroads a lot and i kind of got hooked by the fact that i had a lot of "rain of chaos". it was a way of getting "more" of the farming.

but i was really disapointed to reach Merciless, then finish the adventure,now i'm level 81 and i don't see divination cards anymore.

i try to get the logic in that : lower i had something else to get, now that i'm higher, no more rewards.

so i'm not even trying to farm them anymore.
Aim for the head

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info