Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

I got my hands on a Brittle Emperor the other day. Now I have the desire to collect them all. Good fun have luck.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
I got my hands on a Brittle Emperor the other day. Now I have the desire to collect them all. Good fun have luck.

See... that's what I mean by trophy. The value of the card is in the card... not in it's use. Someday you might even be able to trade it in. But you're more likely to sell it, or buy the "prize" straight up rather than collect the rest of the set on your own. Nothing wrong with that... just don't think that it grants you a method of obtaining an item.
I just realized how vague I was. I agree with you all the way. I don't want to finish the Brittle Emperor, I now want to own one of each card despite their being cards more rare than the Brittle Emperor.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
No. They're bad. They were made somewhat for self-found players, yet you need to trade for them. They rarely drop. Most of the ones that do are bad. Also, 1/12. I have to farm for 12 of them just to get something?

They need to be account bound, and not tradable to other players. Then increase the drop rate and actually have them be farmable.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
laycast wrote:
No. They're bad. They were made somewhat for self-found players, yet you need to trade for them. They rarely drop. Most of the ones that do are bad. Also, 1/12. I have to farm for 12 of them just to get something?

They need to be account bound, and not tradable to other players. Then increase the drop rate and actually have them be farmable.

From my point of view, GGG is against binding items to account, this feature suxx anyway you can play D3 to see for yourself how much it does.

The cards are actually farmable but requires dedication except a few like the brittle emperor or time lost relic that like never drops... Same goes for the one in Vaults of Atziri which is already quite a boring map to start with.

Like everything else in this game your RNG is at play when dropping cards, I dropped 2 Pack Leader at once in a chest but never dropped a Wind card in 50+ Jungle Valley map runs....
"
They seem too few and far between to be having much of an effect on my gameplay. We'll see as time goes by and I accumulate more. So far, kinda meh.

So it's been a couple of months, and I thought I would revisit this thread to see if my opinion has changed...

Nope. Still meh.
- here's my sig
This is my feedback on cards from the perspective of someone who played this game a helluva a lot during warbands. If I have complaints with the cards, I can imagine far more casual players would feel absolutely annoyed and feeling unrewarded by the drop rates.

Cards I got resonably often which I am okay with:

-Flora's Gift (i would really like to see a random ilvl bow version of this card!) - the reward item is at least vendorable for jeweler orbs.

-The Lover

-The Scholar

Cards I farmed a set of that give a reasonable reward and was satisfying, but is a questionable use of time (opportunity cost) compared to just mapping and grinding chaos/regal recipe to buy them
- The Union - the removal of celestial justicar from fellshrine where 'The Union' was also dropping (replaced with The Fox, which isnt a bad card really) kinda kills any motivation to farm this set again. Again its a questionable use of time given the drop rate.

- The Inventor (I spammed Vaal Pyramid while hunting warbands and the drop rate on this card is still too low, only finished 1 set and half of another by league end)

------------------------------------------------
Cards I finished a set of, but I had long since received the drop already multiple times by mapping/leveling/farming:

-The Hermit - this card would be great if its drop rate+set size was adjusted to something like 3cards for a set, so assembling a set during league start felt more possible, and the individual trade value for them was something reasonable at any point in the league.
9 cards for a set is just silly. I already had 3 lifesprigs in my stash by the time I collected this card set.

Things I would like to see drop a bit more often so I could finish a set in the span of a temp league at some reasonably early point. I instead manage to farm the chaos to just buy the item that these card sets would give you :

-Humility (full set complete right at league end, with the help of my bf giving me the 3 he got)

-The Fox

-The Summoner

-Doedre's Madness (had a set at 5/9 by league end)

Cards that don't drop often / have weak rewards / set size is too large

Three Faces in the Dark - make this a set of 3, not 7 - the drop rate even with a smaller set size is still bad enough that noone would bother running marketplace or warehouse district to get these.

Card sets I tried to farm, but the drops were so rare that I was forced to engage in trade via poetrade to finish the card set, or I never finished them during the span of a 3month league:

The Pack Leader (spam farmed tropical island and only got 2/6 on my own, grinded chaos recipe and just bought the rest to finish it)

The Celestial Justicar ( 2/6, kinda mad this card got moved since I enjoyed casually farming fellshrine)

Cards that drop that I will never sell no matter how badly I want the exalts for them, and have resigned myself to only getting a full set via a merge from temp league->standard.
The Brittle Emperor (never saw this during warbands after hundreds of hours in dried lake, did 1 dried lake run on standard after the merge and got 1 card drop - the RNG in this game knows no bounds when it comes to trolling)

Its pretty clear that GGG has a certain tier of cards they dont want players to be able to self farm - so we will have to spend currency and trade with other players to finish a set, im okay with this.
The short term view on some of these cards is that they make absolutely zero sense for temp leagues. Noone is ever ever ever going to finish something like a Time Lost Relic set during the span of a temp league no matter how hard you nolife this game.

However, the more I think about the super cazy rare cards, I feel like they are designed for long term player retention in some sneaky sort of way. If players managed to get maybe 1-2 'The Doctor' during the span of a 1-3M league, then they at least have the long term reward of getting a headhunter belt with the merge of all their card stashes merged to standard by just playing the game over the span of a year. So eventually you can get some really nice toys to fool around on standard with by still playing temp leagues.

Request to GGG to have div card collection acheivement MTXs:

I would maybe go out of my way to finish more sets if there was some kind of tiered achievement that wasnt league specific that awarded MTXs for doing so. Right now there isnt a nice long term goal or tangible reward for turning in all the sets and that feels like a missed opportunity.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Yes and yes.
Censored.
So now that I've been playing with div cards for awhile I feel like i can better give my opinion on this.

Div cards are fun. Finding one generally feels good, but it's not so rewarding that they're extremely gated behind RNG (usually). It's kind of like finding a currency orb, it just feels good.

I don't think div cards are all that useful, with a few exceptions. Cards like The Brittle Emperor are great because they make it possible to farm for items which have been removed from normal gameplay, plus they're already corrupted so they remove the danger of using a vaal orb on the extremely rare item that you might have chanced in a Zana map. Outside of these specific cases, div cards aren't that useful because you're more likely to find the item than an entire set of them in normal gameplay due to zone-specific requirements.

Many div cards feel completely useless as well (such as the common life armour card) and finding them can be annoying when it sets off your loot filter and turns out to be less valuable than an alteration orb. Others like Rain of chaos are exceedingly rare, and yet are worth only 1/8th of a chaos orb (which is not rare). Seems silly to me. It took me a month to complete that set of 8 cards in warbands, and I promise you I found far more than 8 chaos orbs in that time frame.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
NBlackLotusN wrote:
nothing worse than finding that Divination card that give you 1 chaos for collecting 8 of them LOL
I found this for the first time last night and commented on it in game chat. Basically saying if you have to collect 8 of them for 1 chaos it seems stingy.

Some smartass commented that they drop like candy. I was quick to point out that I've found 20 cards and this is the first chaos one. They replied that I was obviously not farming the right spot. I was taken aback, people actually farm these things?

I'll just stick to mapping collecting rares and do full set trade in for my chaos thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info