Are you finding Divination cards useful or fun?

I find it a bit meh overall. I feel GGG missed a trick by not integrating the cards within a Wraeclast lore, the larger game content. Either as a kind of side quest, less RNG-determined loot, or as a kind of side card game. Right now, it's just another drop, albeit with some interesting looking artwork and flavor text. It doesn't add much to the game as it potentially could.
Last edited by Quixote77 on Oct 7, 2015, 9:08:46 AM
They have really no effect on my gameplay. I do not go out of my way to farm them but have a stash tab dedicated to collecting them and turn them in as i aquire a complete set. They are to underwhelming and the good cards are still very inconsistent to routinely farm.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
They're just extra stuff from my perspective. Doubtful that I'd ever accumulate a set of any.

It seems the main reason for their introduction was to stimulate entry level trading among the player type that does not trade. Has it worked? Have trade baron converts been created as a result of the arrival of Divination Cards?

It feels like targeted farming likely takes up too much time for those with life commitments beyond PoE (aka casuals), so that's out.

I don't dislike them, but I feel they might missing the intended purpose/audience?

Perhaps I'd try to trade some, card for card, within my friend list. It will probably be a few weeks before I'd accumulate enough to begin. Hopefully the league isn't over by then!

I personally turned 3 Humility sets, 1 Pack Leader (I purchased the last card), 4 Jack in the Box, 2 Battleborn, 3 Flora's Gift, 2 King's Blade, 1 Scared Meadow and countless currency / gems sets in the 3 month Warbands league.

The only ones I actually farmed were the pack leader and my first set of Humility (it drops plenty in Channel map).

Farming the cards can be tedious but I think they are a nice addition to the game, gives you an incentive to farm specific places / maps and you can trade some for quite a lot of orbs like The Celestial Justiciar which is not that hard to get.

As far as i can tell they are working as intended which is supporter sales and stash fillers.Really, were they meant to be anything else?
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Personally, not found a single exciting set since CB. And the drop rate seems so low there's no way I'd spend precious game time farming for any. I'll probably accumulate some sets in standard, and never bother even looking to see which.

Some individual cards do seem more exciting, but the chances of getting more are so tiny it's soulcrushing.
Overall I don't think they are remotely well-executed as a potentially-notable addition to the game.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
The main problem i have with the divination cards is the drop rate.
Since your droprate is affected by your level and the zone you're in it's quite useless to farm cards below lvl 70.
Also the drop rate is to slow!
I farmed around 120? (stopped there to count) for Humility and dropped 4.
Most of the card you'll never see. Shouldn't there help players to gain stuff they cannot buy from other player? then how to get it without farming for weeks?

MEH, 1/5 wouldn't buy -_-
"
Since your droprate is affected by your level and the zone you're in it's quite useless to farm cards below lvl 70.

Your level is never considered over 68 for drops. And most of cards are in maps anyway.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
I actually really enjoy the divination cards and I think they are about the correct rarity from what I can tell. I don't think they were ever released to be something you can "reliably farm" for the big ticket items, but I do find it fun to collect them and enjoy when they drop. I also like how new ones are added and while I do not trade typically, I could see how this would be good for helping people create sets for the items they want (IE: having a spare divination card you found that you got as a random drop for one that you are trying to complete).

I like the collection aspect of these and am glad to have a stash tab dedicated to them. I have only tried to farm two of them... one was rain of chaos which is a single chaos orb and I completed that one. I had three drop within 15 seconds of entering the crossroads once and decided I wanted to finish it. The other was the 7X orb of alchemy which supposedly drops in the flooded depths. I did about 50-75 runs and didn't have one drop though so I assumed either it was very rare or potentially the wiki information was out of date on it. The zone wasn't really friendly to be run multiple times either since you had to run back out the way you came to reset the instance (would need two people to set a TP at the entrance to actually make it any sort of time efficient).
I like them... but man some of the Div cards are just stupid. I want to make a Div card that gives you 1 random white socket, if I had the money...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info