Cleave

"
laycast wrote:
For the cleave animation I think it would look better to have kind of a back and forth animation, instead of just the same motion over and over again. Example, when you cleave the motion is counter clockwise, well if you end up cleaving again within a second or so your motion should be clockwise to give it more of that "cutting down mobs" effect. Hope this makes sense, just an idea to give the ability a more hack and slash feeling

This is a must have.
You get what you deserve...
"
tidus1492 wrote:
I think the aoe radius on cleave needs to be increased or something because it misses constantly despite 93% hit chance :/

Ha, I think just the opposite.., low level Duelist with long level 2 rapiers and I'm killing mobs that are about 50% further away than the end of those long swords. It doesn't look right and I'm not expecting to actually hit that mob but I do. So if my sword doesn't reach the mob is it the wind from my "whiff" that kills them?

;-)
Signed: Geldric, scribe of Oriath
Just a small bug feedback, Cleave sometimes seems to miss even with Resolute, using it with 1h axe/shield on a Marauder.

Also,it's range seems to be just a little bit too long,either that or the animation isn't long enough.
Their sanity I'll shatter, their dreams of conquest I'll destroy.
Last edited by Rockhorn on Jul 23, 2012, 3:07:06 PM
I didn't go through to see if anyone else had this problem but reporting a bug I've seem to have found. I just started playing today, and right off the bat it seems I can't cleave while dual-wielding on my duelist. Had the Rusted Sword in my primary hand, and a glass shiv/shank in my offhand and the attack was grayed out. Works when just wielding a primary/nothing or primary/shield though.
That's not a bug, it's how cleave works. Cleave always swings both weapons when you're dual wielding, and thus requires both weapons be weapons that can cleave - daggers can't, so you can't cleave while holding a dagger in either hand.
"
garnmcgaughn wrote:
just had my cleave gem level up 1 kill before lvl 4 for my templar, slight imbalance

Good suggestion.
I wish the devs have time to make a ton of different death animations and some allocated to sertain skill gems.
www.graffiticreator.net
Hey, I am playing with my dual wielding duelist atm, and I found 2x claws. I am wondering: Why doesn't they work with cleave? It would make sense from a graphical view, as it would be like scratching 2 claws in the face of the enemies.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Most of the community seems to feel that Ground Slam is far and away the best melee attack in this game (especially considering that most of the damage you deal in this game will probably be some form of AoE damage). I think Cleave, along with other skills, need to be relatively more competitive.

One of the ways that I think the developers could achieve this is perhaps by increasing the radius of Cleave. I am under the impression that many would like this change.
I feel that they're totally different skills. Ground Slam is a big splashy "hulk smash" attack, at least on paper, and cleave works pretty exclusively with (usually) significantly faster weapons.
If any buff is needed for Cleave i'd say maybe just a damage buff but that's about it, the AoE is honestly more than enough with good positioning.

That's my 2 cents at least.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
at lvl 20, how much STR cleave requires?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info