Cleave

Little annoyance: if I equip a Sword and Dagger, I can't Cleave, but I can Infernal Blow (using just the Sword). Can Cleave get this treatment of ignoring one weapon if the other can be used by it?
"
Squidgyxombie wrote:
Little annoyance: if I equip a Sword and Dagger, I can't Cleave, but I can Infernal Blow (using just the Sword). Can Cleave get this treatment of ignoring one weapon if the other can be used by it?
Not at the moment, due to how it handles damage scaling for dual wielding.
How exactly does this skill work when dual wielding?

Does it first calculate your total damage for each hand (including any +damage percentages from passive tree), and then remove a total of 40% of that?

Or does it do a calculation of how much +damage percentage you have from passives, and then subtract the -damage percentage from dual wielding?

Note that second example would result in a far higher total damage, if you have high damage from passives.
I've done the math, it's definitely the latter.
"

Yep, that's how it works, but it's a temporary thing - It'll work correctly in future.
Balance & Design
0.9.5 feedback below this post

"
Rory wrote:
"

Yep, that's how it works, but it's a temporary thing - It'll work correctly in future.

By work correctly you mean as a total multiplier? As in a single weapon would do 115% damage and dual wielding would do 69% (115%*60%) for each weapon?
Well I like the skill a lot but I'm disappointed by the dualwielding.

Essentially this IS the skill to use with dualwield but at the moment I ran into a sad conclusion - whatever I do, I do the same damage with 1h weapon.

Shield:
*you got 36% (30+20%qual) block
*you got anywhere from say 100 to 1000+ extra evasion and that's base evasion meaning:
** with Iron Reflexes you can come close to the armor cap (5-6k armor)

Dualwield:
*+10% attack speed bonus
*15% chance to block

Considering I'm 15% less likely to block (if I wanted to skill block I should have made shield duelist at the first place) I should be doing a bit more damage to make up for it. I feel like the only dif. between me and a shield duelist is the fact I lack block and evasion since damage is the same (say 4000 vs 4070)

So my question is - are the mechanics about to change in dw favour or going to stay at "just play with a shield then" ?

ign PhysicalActivity
Uh, the skill does massively more damage DWing than using a 2h right now due to how the DW penalty works.
Last edited by AlienFromBeyond on Dec 29, 2011, 1:44:45 PM
The dps calculation on the character screen assumes that you alternate weapons, rather than hit with both. Which means that your actual DPS is twice what is listed when you dual wield, so it's doing a lot better than you think it is. Did you not notice dual wield killing significantly faster than weapon/shield?

For the record, dual strike and double strike also suffer from the char screen not accounting for two hits.
Last edited by dainbramage on Dec 29, 2011, 4:05:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info