Cleave

I did not test that extensively (1h + shield combo) but if that's so it's in a better shape I thought.

Nevertheless the LCS or how did the name it in Diablo, The Lying Char Screen, is a nuisance. I love a lot of stats being visible, I just hope they will be real and true someday.
ign PhysicalActivity
posted it twice sry
Last edited by NoXterium on Jan 22, 2012, 4:52:00 PM
i dont get why dual wield gets -40% dmg but 2hand is not. i mean both do twice the dmg of one handed
"
NoXterium wrote:
i dont get why dual wield gets -40% dmg but 2hand is not. i mean both do twice the dmg of one handed

I recall that there were a few reasons given for this duel wield damage reduction back in 0.9.2, some of which have changed quite a bit. Duel Wielding used to give a much larger Increased Attack Speed bonus, I think. I'm not certain of it, but I think the ratios of damage for similar 1h vs 2h weapons may have changed, as well.

That said, I'm in agreement that this 40% value might need some attention (especially since it's one of the few attacks that actually uses both weapons at the same time). Dual strike has a much more reasonable penalty, and the dex-based skills are not exactly overflowing with AoE potential as it is.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Because cleave attacks with both weapons simultaneously when dual wielding, rather than one at a time like regular attacks. At -40%, it's still better with dual wielding compared to a regular attack than it is for two-handed or for one-handed/shield.

Cleave while dual wielding inherently does double damage compared to a regular attack, and it doesn't for non-dual wielding. The (additive) 40% penalty brings this down to reasonable levels while still making cleave stronger with dual wielding than with other specs.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jan 22, 2012, 9:54:23 PM
Why not decrease attack speed instead of damage ? It would make sense since you're not attacking with 2 weapons alternatively anymore, so dual wielding cleave shouldn't be faster than 1 handed or 2 handed cleave. It's the same for dual strike by the way.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
40% seems high. I understand the physics of swinging one giant blade will yield more damage than hitting with two blades, one in each hand, but I'm not sure it should be almost half as much. Maybe increase one weapon cleave damage a bit and drop dual wielding less. Does it seem to anyone else that cleave with dual wield has a wider arch than with a single weapon? Maybe it's just because I'm used o heavy hitting cleaves on my duelist(likely due to this increased damage issue).
Death by lag in HC = the most widely told tale to hide the shame of a miscalculated/overzealous death by game :)
it's only -40%. It's not *0,6.

y*(1+x-0,4)

where y is your weapon damage
where x is your compiled weapon enhanced damage
Ah, I see. I hadn't realized that before. So it's additive (or subtractive if you prefer) rather than multiplicative. That makes it seem quite a bit more reasonable.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Cleave should only work with one-handed (non-dual-wielding) or two-handed weapons.

The game needs to make a distinction between the two different types of play.

Cleave should be for massive arc damage, it makes me think Barbarian type.

Dual Wielding should focus on quick, precise attacks.

There needs to be more of a distinction. I just don't think Cleave, as a skill, belongs with Dual Wield.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info