Cleave

Removed because does not belong here.
Last edited by Wieze on Dec 1, 2022, 6:13:01 PM
Hey folks, I was a little theorycrafting a Cleave build for 3.20. I was trying to scale the AOE of the skill. Then found out that "Melee Strike Range" doesn't affect the AOE. In my head that doesn't make sense cause in the animation of the skill the character is swinging his weapon, which looks like a Strike. Besides the leveling of the skill through out the campaign wouldn't be so frustrating cause you can easy get some "Melee Strike Range" on the tree. For Endgame i think it would also be great to see the potential of a giga clear gem.
Last edited by FreiGraf on Dec 8, 2022, 4:52:25 AM
Does anyone know how Impale chance works with cleave?

Lets say you have 80% impale chance with one weapon, and 100% chance of the other. Path of building will average the difference of your weapons at 90% chance to impale.

However, reading the wiki: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Cleave_of_Rage (and normal cleave) First off, Cleave makes two separate weapon attack roll calculations and then combines both into a single hit. It says that on-hit effects scale off the final hit, and also crit is rolled independently and if one weapon crits, then the attack is considered a crit. Does it work the same way for impale?

Essentially the question is: Is the impale chance your best weapon chance, or an average of the two?

edit: did some research on cleave and other ailments and the best i can find is bleed: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6ond14/30_dual_strike_and_cleave_can_only_bleed_of_one/dkjtnp2/

For bleeding the damage/chance is rolled separately but combined into a final hit. However, he goes on to mention that things like stun it's a boolean yes/no. Impale is a debuff, so ailment information isn't necessarily relevant. However it could function similarly and roll the impale damage separately and so you have the "100% chance to impale but 20% chance to impale for half damage (5%)" essentially.
Last edited by mysrt on Dec 21, 2023, 2:35:43 PM
Presumptuous of me to think that anyone from the GGG staff will actually see this since the last staff post is from 2015 but would you consider making cleave 100% base attack speed without added flat damage as it used to be?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info