Cleave

Sure you're putting them in the same socket chain?
If you want, you can link the item the gems are in by clicking the character portrait in the top left (whilst writing a comment), and then clicking on the item you want to link.
i want something clarified since i plan on playing again after the wipe. i used cleave as my main attack ability before with dual wield and it never missed a single hit. it missed when i only equipped 1 weapon. is this intended and will it still work after the open beta patch? i've tried it out in the current patch and it still never misses. it's pretty important for me to know cause if it's gonna be 'patched', i will have to find me a new build.
I have a question about cleave aoe, my current build has the following passive skill tree skills, "amplify 12%" "area of effect radius 4% " x 2 and also "aura area of effect 10%" i also have the skill anger, what i want to know is how does the "aura area of effect 10%" skill tie in with anger, does anger's radius boost extend the range of my cleave, and does the "aura area of effect 10%" work with anger to boost the range of cleave a futher 10%? Also iff i stack say 3 auras wrath, anger and hatred? i think it is, will they all stack and boost cleaves aoe range? and how will "aura area of effect 10%" work with the 3 of the auras? any help much appreciated, on another note im a kiwi guy really enjoying the game keep up the good work :)
Aura Area of Effect extends the Aura's range; it doesn't do anything else.
Increased AoE will work on Cleave and the Auras.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 6, 2013, 1:28:39 PM
still looking for more info iff possible
There isn't any more to say.
Do the auras anger wrath and hatred boost the aoe range of cleave? and iff so will the passive skill "aura area of effect" work with them to boost it further still? and iff they do boost it do they stack with one another, the three auras that is?
cleave is not an aura, it will not be boosted by "aura area of effect".
cleave will be boosted in its size by plain "area of effect".
anger, wrath, and hatred boost damage of cleave.
As I said in my previous post, the Aura Area of Effect modifier only increases the range of Auras, the distance at which allies will receive its benefit. It doesn't do anything else. So no, Auras do not make your Cleave larger.
When Cleaving while Dual Wielding, I know that you strike with both weapons at once, and that both can hit, both miss, or one can miss and one hits. Does this mean a single Cleave counts as two hits for +life on hit modifiers? Similarly, does this mean +elemental dmg modifiers (like from Wrath or Anger auras) stack twice?

Is it also correct to assume crits on DW Cleave are calculated twice per swing, or does it work like Double Strike where if the first hit crits, the second hit also crits?

Last, Cleave has a physical dmg penalty when Dual Wielding, but this penalty does not apply to +flat elemental damage (such as those gained through auras and equipment). Is this working as intended?

Is it also correct to assume then that both the physical and elemental portion of converted elemental dmg is penalized while Dual Wielding with Cleave?

I'm sorry if these questions have been answered already, but I haven't come across any definitive info on the unofficial wiki or here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info