Cleave

Cleave dosen't seem to be strong enough. I was 71 duelist, brother was 62 marauder, playing maps together he would take out mobs faster with GS compared to my cleave. He was running a4link with faster attacks +amd+ald. I was 5l with fa+amd+acd+afd(280phy+23cd and 220phy+ 33fd)

I thought i would clear stuff fast, but a 4l gs was able to take more mobs out based on the aoe i guess?
MonstaMunch: "You're just jelly because you can't afford to mirror my rod. It's 100% reel."

GooberM: "How does that not warrant a good ol' stabby-stabby?"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Minor nitpick: Cleave is not melee range.
Cleave's range is longer than melee range by the same amount that ground slam's range is longer than cleave.

I like this effect of cleave. It's seems to me particularly effective against slow mobs. As someone mentioned, also very effective against against the monkeys, especially those in the second rank that turn tail when one mob dies.

Edit: Found out the hard way that the range of Cleave is equal or shorter than the blast radius of Molten Shell. RIP.
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
Last edited by Singakiwi on Oct 22, 2012, 10:56:08 AM
Though shalt not use cleave without AOE passives :D
even 12% are really noticeable.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
LoL, I guess you're right. Was only a lvl 10 duelist though.

I guess it should be

"
Singakiwi wrote:
Found out the hard way that the default range of Cleave is equal or shorter than the blast radius of Molten Shell. RIP.

"
Singakiwi wrote:
Edit: Found out the hard way that the range of Cleave is equal or shorter than the blast radius of Molten Shell. RIP.
Actually, it's not. If you can remember the exact situation I'll look into whether there might have been incr AoE in play or something.
Really?? Maybe my char didn't die in vain then. This was a couple of days ago already:

Normal, Rocky Climb. I was using a Longsword, no AoE bonuses. Cleaved a Molten-shelled Goatman Shaman from about 2 "squares" away. (I don't have a screenshot, hope you understand).

Boom.

Started burning. Didn't die immediately, but burned to death within a couple of seconds even though I flasked.

Are all 2-handed swords given the same range? I can go back and do some more testing. I deleted that HC char when he landed in default, so I don't have the exact sword.
"
Singakiwi wrote:
Normal, Rocky Climb. I was using a Longsword, no AoE bonuses. Cleaved a Molten-shelled Goatman Shaman from about 2 "squares" away. (I don't have a screenshot, hope you understand).
Sorry, but I have no idea what you consider to be "squares" - it's clearly different from the location measure used internally (in which Cleave's range is 20, and melee range is 4-6).

I have looked into it a bit more, and it turns out Goatmen have 50% increased area of effect on their molten shell, which explains the discrepancy.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Sorry, but I have no idea what you consider to be "squares" - it's clearly different from the location measure used internally (in which Cleave's range is 20, and melee range is 4-6).

Probably "character-lengths" might have been better. Could put about 2 characters in between myself and the target. Was thinking in terms of D1 where characters occupied a certain "square".

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I have looked into it a bit more, and it turns out Goatmen have 50% increased area of effect on their molten shell, which explains the discrepancy.

I see, well thanks for checking it out! My char can rest a little better now :)
It says melee/physical under skill description, so I assumed the support gem Melee Physical Damage would be able to boost it, but it appears it does not. Is there a reason for this, or is this a bug?
Melee Physical Damage should indeed boost the Damage of Cleave.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info