Cleave

"
Islidox wrote:
"
Slanderbot wrote:
Why are you comparing an aoe skill to single target skills Islidox O_o

Ground Slam and Sweep use different weapons than cleave, and 2hand maces and staves are not known for overwhelming speed. Skills like Double Strike, Dual Strike, and Cleave are associated with axes and swords and attack speed. The mana usage is obviously greater and more comparable in this case than GS/LSlam. Lightning Strike is something different altogether.

Actually lightning strike would be a better comparison than single target skills. AoE skills by design are going to have penalties on damage and/or mana cost because of the fact they can hit more than one target, comparing a skill that can hit like 10targets(assuming they're really packed and not using concentrated) vs a skill that can only ever hit one target isn't a good point of comparison when you try to compare their costs, sorry.

I don't disagree that Cleave leveling is questionnable, but I'd say it's more due to the lack of damage from increasing it than the mana cost, the mana cost should be expensive since it's an aoe. I think it should gain like 2% increased aoe per level on top of the damage increase, which would both make it a lot better at aoeing and make the mana cost increase more justified.
2%/level might be a tad much (40% is as much as the two clusters at Witch and Templar grant combined), but I like the idea.
Would like to see severed body parts and monkey heads fly for this one. Also I think if the monsters are not killed and hit, than they should be knocked to the side of the player. Seems like hits need to have some knock back built in them. If the sword, club or whatever didn't pass through them than they should be moved by it.

To further my point -- E=MC2
Seems very inferior compared to Ground Slam / Sweep ...... needs a buff :(
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
How does cleave work with elemental equilibrium while dual wielding ?

I have two weapons, one with fire damage and the other with cold damage.

Are the two considered as one hit ? Then the debuff would be +25% resist fire and cold and -50% lightning.

If no, then there is two hit, the fire one cause +25% fire, -50% lightning and cold. The cold one cause +25% cold, -50% fire and lightning. In which order are done those hits ?

There is kinda the same question with dual strike.
Last edited by drup on Jan 29, 2013, 10:06:26 PM
"
drup wrote:
Are the two considered as one hit ? Then the debuff would be +25% resist fire and cold and -50% lightning.
Yes
I'm having problems with Cleave on my Marauder. There's like 3-4 monsters right next to me, I use cleave but it does not hit anyone, I know accuracy has to do with hit/miss but no way I'm that unlucky to miss 4 targets many times in a row, there's just no way.

Has anyone had the same issue?
Was it working earlier? If so, did you pick up the Ancestral Bond passive perchance? :)

If not; don't know what to tell you. I've leveled three characters with Cleave (...I haven't gotten very far okay, I keep getting distracted with new ideas :P) and haven't noticed hit rate issues.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Was it working earlier? If so, did you pick up the Ancestral Bond passive perchance? :)

If not; don't know what to tell you. I've leveled three characters with Cleave (...I haven't gotten very far okay, I keep getting distracted with new ideas :P) and haven't noticed hit rate issues.

No I remember thinking about it in Closed Beta as well but I thought they'll fix it by the time they go Open Beta. It's very strange, I'm also having sync issues where monsters die 1 place but the loot drops somewhere else, my internet connection is fine so I don't know what to do.
As has been often discussed, Cleave is the poor man in terms of strength-based AoEs without hammers or two-handed weapons. I think it is ok for it to be as weak as it is, but could you please reduce its mana cost significantly?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info